Black Ops Tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black Ops Tips

Post by Dill on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 am

So I did a little write up for Modern Warfare 2 dealing with tips, and I figured I'd give some insight to Black Ops as well. As of writing this, I'm lvl 30 on the 2nd prestige. I don't claim to be the best at the game, but I do have some general game play advice and overall opinions I'd like to share.

Preface
The following has to do with Hardcore Headquarters. The specific class layouts may not be ideal for other types of gameplay, but for HQ they work wonders.

Weapons to use

There are 2 sets of weapons you should be concerned with: SMG and Assault Rifles. The snipers/LMG/shotguns are useless, don't waste your time.

SMG Layout:

Primary: SMG (AK47u is the best, and the Kipiras isn't bad either once you unlock it)
Attachment: Grip
Secondary: Python (1 shot kill pistol on HC)
Attachment: Fast Reload Clip
Lethal: Semtex
Tactical: Concussion
Equipment: Claymore
Perk 1: Ghost Pro (as soon as you can get it)
Perk 2: Steady Aim Pro
Perk 3: Second Chance Pro
Killstreaks: UAV (knowing where they are helps immensely), Attack Chopper, Chopper Gunner

SMG-AntiAir Layout: Same as #1, but instead of a pistol have a rocket launcher. At level 30 you get the STRELA and it is amazing. Until then, just use the 1st launcher on the list.

AR Layout (bold=changes from above):

Primary: AR (Famas, Galil, Commando arethe best, with the Commando being the absolute best gun in the game imo)
Attachment: Silencer
Secondary: Python (1 shot kill pistol on HC)
Attachment: Fast Reload Clip
Lethal: Semtex
Tactical: Concussion
Equipment: Claymore
Perk 1: Ghost Pro (as soon as you can get it)
Perk 2: Sleight of Hand Pro
Perk 3: Second Chance Pro
Killstreaks: UAV, Attack Chopper, Chopper Gunner

AR-AA: Same as above, but take a launcher with you.

Explanations:

When using the SMG (AK47u), it has AMAZING hip-fire accuracy. This is due to the "Grip" attachment plus the "Steady Aim Pro" perk. You should NOT be firing down the sights at short/medium range. Only for long distance shots should you bring up the sights. The hip fire accuracy, again, is incredible here. However, I don't like how noisy the SMG is. And also since I like killing people from further away with good accuracy, I typically stick with an Assault Rifle as much as possible.

The assault rifles are where it's at. Using the Silencer really keeps you concealed and helps you rack up a good kill streak. Having "Slight of Hand Pro" also really helps because you can reload so damn fast. Having Ghost Pro keeps you undetected by....everything...which really helps you sneak around more. And of course, Second Chance Pro easily lets you get 2-3 more kills after you've been "downed", which helps keep your K/D ratio high and Killstreaks going. The AR layout is my "go to" layout and is what I typically do the absolute best with. My best score is 101-19 and I can usually get 50-60+ kills every round with under 20 deaths. This setup works really well.

General Tips

Ghost Pro: Getting ghost pro is tough. You have to kill a sentry gun, which is easy, but the thing is no one uses sentry guns. So how do I get it? I change my perks to Ghost/Hardened/Hacker and put the Sentry Gun as one of my Killstreaks. When I get a sentry gun, I toss it into the enemy spawn and let them steal it. They set it up, Hacker lets me see exactly where it is, and I usually can shoot it down with Hardened or if I"m lucky knife it. The biggest problem here is teammates getting there before I do. Otherwise, sentry guns are just too hard to destroy simply because they are such a rare sight. In the meantime, make sure you have your launcher and you shoot EVERYTHING down. You have to blow 30 things out of the sky, and while you try to get your SG kill, this is a good thing to bide your time. Smile

Back to the Basics: Unfortunately, this game greatly rewards camping. Not camping in the same spot for 10 minutes...but more waiting for them to come to you. If they round the corner to you, you have the upper hand and can easily kill them. If you round the corner to them waiting, it's likely you'll die. However, if you sit there for too long, they'll round the corner and know exactly where you are. So you need to be a "mobile camper". Take up a camping spot somewhere, get some kills, then move. Rinse and repeat. They'll round that corner thinking you're in spot A when in fact you're in spot B and get the kill on them again. They'll keep coming and you'll keep racking up the kills.

Cover: As much as possible, be very wary of your surroundings. Stay by a wall, stay out of the open as much as possible, and expose as little of yourself as you can. The less they can see of you, the harder you are to kill. This is a very basic tactic but it is overlooked quite often.

Anti-Air: From levels 1-18, you should always be running your AA layout. You rarely need to use the pistol, but the launcher is invaluable. Once you hit 18 and the Python is available, then it's up to you. The Python is amazing for Second Chance b/c it's 1 shot kill. It's nice to always have the AA as a backup though. Keep everything the exact same as your favorite layout, just switch in a Launcher instead. Use your pistol layout, and when you die from a chopper, switch over to AA and kill it. Then switch back.

Copy Class: When you edit a class, in the bottom right there is a "copy class" button. Use this to quickly make an "AA" alternative.

Hardline Pro: Hardline pro lets you "re-roll" a care package you receive. To do this, call in your care package and double tap your reload button. It will come back with a different killstreak reward that you'll be stuck with. It can be worse, can be better. A small trick here is that you can do this to any "crate" at all. The SAM turret, the care package, and the Sentry Gun can all be "re-rolled" on. I tried this for a while, but waiting for the chopper to come just takes too long and ultimately gives away my position to the enemy - so I don't use this anymore. Just FYI.

My 1-50:

This is just what I personally do from 1-50.
1-14: Use the default SMG class and/or basic AR/Enfield. Create a class as soon as you can and start working on your "pro" perks.
14-20: Use the Famas. At 18, equip your Python pistol.
20-30: Use the Galil.
30-44: At 30, equip your Strela launcher.
44+: Use the Commando. Remember to always use a silencer w/ the AR's.
Prestige: Buy everything you can that has to deal with your Playercard. Emblems, Backgrounds, Layers....they all carry over. Everything else, including the money, does NOT.

K...I could go on for a while, but I'd rather hear some other opinions. Also if you have any questions feel free to ask and I can try to help.

~Dill

Last edited by Dill on Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Re: Black Ops Tips

Post by Dill on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:08 am

After writing this up, I went to play a match and ended up going 29-0 to start off. The map was Hanoi. I then went to 77-5 and ultimately 84-6 with 6.7k match XP earned. I put the replay in my file share...check it out! Apparently I was accused of cheating and am going to be "reported on the forums"...? I was kicked at the start of the next map after my first kill was a HS. ...nerd rage.

~Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by KansasCity on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:20 am

That is the only downfall so far of this game imo. With people being able to own their own servers people don't hesitate to ban. They are all paranoid from MW2. I have already been banned from 2 servers for "hacking". 1 of the times I was only 8-0 lol...
KansasCity
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 11 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:49 am

Dill wrote:
Unfortunately, this game greatly rewards camping.

Biggest tip right there. I'm already getting bored of the game because that's all anyone does.

Fatal
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 11 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Church on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:33 am

Me and shaggy were playing... And I was raping some clan **Insane Gamers Asylum** We had a defend and I was the only one left.. And I managed to kill the whole team as they tried to take it. Was 77-10 and 3min later, I was banned and then shaggy was kicked just for saying I didn't hack... TEAM SUCKS RAGE lol..

Camping is that bad fatal, I hardly see it. Unless someone has the HQ.
Church
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill on Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:29 am

I went into a server called "TK Hardcore HQ" or something like that...

O

M

G

They have these "rules"....15 of them or so, 1 spammed every 30 seconds. Off the top of my head, here are some I can remember:

"No jumping from places that cause you to take damage"
"You must always shoot down your sights"
"No shooting while you are going prone or getting up from being prone"
"No throwing a grenade if you can't see the person you are trying to throw it at"
"No jumping while shooting"
"No tea bagging or humiliating other players"

I got about that far before I was kicked. :O You should go in there if you can find it and check it out. It's actually pretty damn funny how nerdy these guys are.

~Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Souperior on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:07 pm

^^ Lol!!! So all you are allowed to do is run around Very Happy

Oops banned for giving me a funny look!
Souperior
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Srsly...I'll try to find the server again and get all 15 rules word for word. They are taking things a little too far almost to the point of it being sad. The admins are total douches too...they spent 3/4 of the game typing messages to people "breaking rules" instead of actually playing the damn game.

~Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:03 pm

damn ak7u thing is a beast ass gun Very Happy
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:21 pm

Dill wrote:I went into a server called "TK Hardcore HQ" or something like that...

O

M

G

They have these "rules"....15 of them or so, 1 spammed every 30 seconds. Off the top of my head, here are some I can remember:

"No jumping from places that cause you to take damage"
"You must always shoot down your sights"
"No shooting while you are going prone or getting up from being prone"
"No throwing a grenade if you can't see the person you are trying to throw it at"
"No jumping while shooting"
"No tea bagging or humiliating other players"

I got about that far before I was kicked. :O You should go in there if you can find it and check it out. It's actually pretty damn funny how nerdy these guys are.

~Dill

Ive seen worse....one server I went into had the following rule(s):

-No shooting from the hip; scope only shooting
(the same olds)-No Noob tubes and No last chance
-No jump to prone shooting
etc

I was like, this server is a fucking joke, and got banned for swearing Smile
Forty
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyware on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks for the tips Dill.
Spyware
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by snake on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:04 pm

lol i saw a rule that says crouch only

snake
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Church on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:30 pm

You forgot an AR... The Aug is a pretty bad ass weapon... You get it at 26, and I use it from 26-50.

Also, should start playing in the iH server since it is now FIXED and lag free... Was full all day today until 9pm. But if you hate (rage) at Hardcore Headquarters, then don't go in.
Church
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Souperior on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:00 am

HC HQ is my favorite gamemode. I was playing TDM last night to try to get in a few levels after prestiging.
Souperior
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:04 pm

what lvl r u ppl
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Souperior on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Just prestiged the 2nd time. Im about level 10 now.
Souperior
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Church on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:20 pm

I r level 32 on 2nd prestige..
Church
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo on Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:51 pm

holy fuck
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:02 am

@Cosmo: I'm 3rd Prestige lvl 36

Just got done playing Crisis. I ended up going 80-2, but my 2nd death was the last thing that happened to me.....so a solid 80-1 w/ an extra death. Started off going 37-0 then got killed. I killed "Ksharp" a crap ton in my second chopper gunner. In the next map he was on my team and constantly TK'd me until he got banned (nerd rage). They all thought I was using aimbot/hacking/insert excuse here for why they do bad/blahblahblah.

Towards the end of the video I get shot and go down in Last Stand...I crawl around for a bit, and there are NO teammates anywhere near me, and all of a sudden I just randomly pop back up. Smile

Check out the video in my Theater if you want...It was a fun match and there's some decent footage in there.

~Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by snake on Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:28 pm

OMG HACKS! Very Happy

snake
Site Trialist
Site Trialist