North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Case in point

+11
Face Melter
Dill
Free
Spock
Church
Bazooka Joe
Nad
Furtif
Quick
Stinger
Omega
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Case in point Empty Case in point

Post by Omega Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:33 pm

6) Player Rules / Bannings

a. Abuse Towards Players ZERO TOLERANCE policy
i. Any disrespect to any player will not be tolerated,
ESPECIALLY towards beginners. Admins will have full discretion of
punishment based on the situation. The LOs will then vote on whether
the punishment is sufficient. However, the first offense at minimum is a
week mute and 24 hour ban. Each progressive offense minimum is doubled
in severity (2nd: 2 week mute, 48 hour ban, 3rd: 4 week mute, 96 hour
ban).

b. Sportsmanship
i. It is expected of you to be respectful in the
server to other players trying to play the game. If you are doing
something another player doesn't like, and they ask you to stop, please
respect their request. Although "respect" is a very subjective issue,
use good judgment. We want the PSL to be an place where players can
come and expect to have an enjoyable time without the worries of other
players harassing them or treating them poorly.

(Counter-Terrorist) jurik : drama with niggers?

Not the first time and not the only person... it's been an ongoing thing for years that has never been addressed... just get ignored. Hypocrisy.
Omega
Omega
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Case in point Empty Re: Case in point

Post by Stinger Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Such a sensitive issue but honestly, we don't have a rule about saying racist comments atm. However, if they are used to attack a person that is a completely different story.

Did you try asking him / others to just stop saying the n word politely?
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Exactly... FU 2 Stinger! You do have a rule which I copied and pasted for you to review...shall I post it again for you to read? "Any disrespect to any player will not be tolerated" "It is expected of you to be respectful in the server to other players trying to play the game".

There is nothing subjective about the term "Nigger".

Politely?!??! I'm expected to be polite while they are free to be as vulgar as they like...?
I have complained repeatedly forever.. to answer your stupid question.

Way to dodge the issue and be a real stand up leader... GJ!
Omega
Omega
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:26 pm

If he isn't saying it you or any player, there can't be any disrespect to any certain players. So yes, if someone is saying something you don't like, ask them to stop. If they don't, then they are at fault. This is exactly what the rule says.

On a personal, non-LO comment, I think you need to stop being so sensitive to the word man. If you want to blame anyone for the use of the word, blame the young black people that are using it in every sentence around us. It has lost all offensive meaning unless used directly to attack a black person. I'm not saying this is right, but I'm just saying how it is and that not everytime someone says it are they making any sort of attack against black people. But if it bothers you that much (which is fine) just ask them to stop saying it and I as well as all other LOs will back up your request.

Regardless, ill make a vote to make racist terms against the rules.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Quick Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Stinger, people seem to have it out for you lately Razz

Quick
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 2 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Seriously. FYA.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Furtif Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:35 pm

Stinger wrote:Seriously. FYA.

A some people.
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Well, I say nigger all the time. I don't call Omega a nigger. But I will call dill a nigger or kro a nigger, maybe I'll even call stinger a nigger if I'm feeling froggy. I say nigger to myself, I say nigger when I'm angry, I say nigger when I'm sad.

As long as i'm not calling someone who is offended by it a "nigger", then there is no problem.

If there is, we'll have to throw out 20% of the words that we use out of the server. Such as faggot, baddie, retard, noob, fag, or titmuncher.

Case closed.

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:47 pm

no, people call omar the n word to offend him, you can tell by the context and the situation....

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:52 pm

Then that person should be ridiculed and locked away. There are certain instances. If it is taken out of context and thrown right at him. Yes they're in the wrong.

But myself, being from KY if Omar isn't around. I'm going for a lose ball and i'm like "DONT YOU TOUCH IT YOU NIGGER, ERRRGH NIGGERS!" Like I do quite frequently. Than i'm not in the wrong.

If I go "Omar, you're looking like a porchmonkey, spearchuckin, nigger sonovabitch today." Then thats derogatory and I should be banned or whoever said that.

Sometimes I'll admit its slipped out around Omega saying the N word. (Take special time to look that I abbreviated the N word) in this paragraph. But the same goes for dangermouse or fatal (if he is even african american), who knows.

Does anyone want to argue about politics? Lets argue about sports... No! I've got an idea lets argue about the bible. Jesus christ.

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Church Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:18 pm

I remember getting banned along time ago for just saying Nigger when omega was around in the old servers around season 1.. Every time I did say it, it was never meant for him. I think owned got banned back then too for saying it.. lolol

But I did usually refrain from using it in front of Omega until that one time were I was like those damn dirty "nigg.." I stopped myself, but bj/dill/panda and even omega himself laughed super hard... Then OMEGA even said it afterwards!

I just don't see a problem with it unless you direct it at someone as an attack.
Church
Church
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Quick Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Nad, im from KY too, what part?

Quick
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Louisville / just south of Louisville in Sheherdsville.

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:49 pm

It's all derogatory,offensive and racist regardless if it is specific or general. Stinger you say I should blame blacks who use it in their sentences... but how about i blame the racists who coined the term and all those who perpetuate it. I shouldn't be so sensitive... it's a slap in the face and alienation of an entire race... try being less insensitive. It takes a lot of gall to ask me to donate a server or to the server and not offer to make playing in this league less hostile.
Omega
Omega
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

Back to top Go down

Post by Furtif Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:57 pm

You have no right to talk to stinger like this
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:58 pm

O please. You just bought a server that enforces the same rules as PSL. So unless your coming out and saying that your already going to ignore these rules and abuse your power in that server? So don't use this as your excuse to not donate, you don't need one as nobody is saying you have to donate in the first place. Your not donating because it doesn't give you anymore power in the league, its not good enough for you just to help out. Oh and all I'm saying about the young black people using it is that people are constantly using the term in a different context now then what you take it as. Don't blame us for that. They are turning it into a completely different meaning that doesn't have anything to do with racism. Similar to the meaning of friend / homie / brother / etc.

And what do you mean I don't offer making playing in the league less hostile? Did you just choose to not read me saying I started an LO vote for this? I can't just instantly change the rule Omega.

Last edited by Stinger on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Spock Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:54 pm

Spock
Spock
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:08 am

Theres a difference between saying the word and using the word. Stop being a bigot and talking about how offended you are. This has nothing to do with stinger.

Stinger is the best thing that has happened to this league and has kept it running. Along with panda. Without those 2 and the others who have helped this league wouldn't be alive. Now i'm not forgetting Dill, Ace, and Omega, Bugen, and the other individuals who started the league. But stinger has been the heartbeat of the league and let's not even start to attack him. They are not his rules and he is not the main enforcer of anything.

These rules are set by individuals overtime and by the league officials. Enforced by admins (in which we don't have a list of laying around anywhere) who are suppose to do their jobs. Maybe if we had the right admins to enforce the rules. Its not all on the LOs, its with the community as well.

God, after all the things this league goes through. Stop playing if you're so offended by the MILLIONS that use the word. Because its so FREQUENTLY OCCURING.

If you want a server where no crackers are allowed and the word nigger is not tolerable as a word, then go ahead buy your old server. Then maybe you can shut it down mid-season or take a leave of absence. Wouldn't be the first time.

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quick Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:20 am

Nad wrote: Stinger is the best thing that has happened to this league and has kept it running.

^^^^

Nad, im from Franklin (simpson co.)

Quick
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Furtif Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:29 am

Nad wrote:

Stinger is the best thing that has happened to this league and has kept it running.

^
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:52 am

Omega, you've been a long time friend ever since the days of Doom, and I can side with you in the fact that people use the term more often in an offensive way rather than a general term. You have every right to be as upset as you are.

However, Stinger has said he's putting in a vote against racial slurs to the LO's. If I was an LO, I'd vote for it without hesitation, because in my opinion only people who are close to the recipients of the slur can understand how much it hurts them.

With that being said, all you can do is wait and shrug it off. Those people who use it against you will get what's coming to them.
Free
Free
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:52 am

Omega:

a. Abuse Towards Players ZERO TOLERANCE policy
i. Any disrespect to any player will not be tolerated,
ESPECIALLY towards beginners.

b. Sportsmanship
i. It is expected of you to be respectful in the
server to other players trying to play the game. If you are doing
something another player doesn't like, and they ask you to stop, please
respect their request.

Stinger was just trying to help resolve the issue within the constraints of the current syntax of the rules. Currently, with how the rules are written, unless someone directly insults you or is directly calling you disrespectful terms (fag, nigger, idiot, dumbass, piece of shit, etc. etc.) then there is nothing we can do about it. Putting a global ban on someone simply saying a word is a really tough thing to justify. But there are rules currently in place to punish those who directly attack another player (attacking someone's family, calling someone a nigger directly, calling out a new player and talking down to them, etc.) Stinger was just trying to give you a temporary solution that can work to help punish those that offend you. The current protocol for things not explicitly stated within the rules is just to ask the person to stop. If they keep going then the admins can take action and punish the person. I agree it's not the most perfect system, but it is what we currently have to work with.

We've had the discussion about the term 'nigger' in the past but it's just too hard to justify creating a rule that bans the use of a word in any context because it might offend someone. If we did that then people would start using the 'What's Next?' argument. For example, if there was a rule that says you globally can't use the word 'nigger' because it may be offensive, then what's next? Dill finds the word 'roses' offensive and now we can't use the word 'roses'? Nad doesn't like the word 'fuck' so it gets a ban if you say 'fuck'? I'm not saying I agree with the 'What's Next' argument, but it makes since.

Everyone Else:

With all that out of the way, I do want to say I agree that due to the sensitive nature of the word there needs to be some sort of guidelines in place for its use. Just because you live in a place where people use the word 'nigger' all around you every day like it's nothing does not mean it's socially acceptable. Just because you watch a movie or notice young black people using the word does not justify using it whenever you see fit and behind a computer screen. There's a reason you won't go up to a black man at the super market and call him a nigger to his face or start talking about racial slurs around him. Hell, I'd hope you wouldn't do that around anyone out in public. It is widely regarded as a derogatory term and can be extremely disrespectful if misused. Go on your Facebook page and post Nigger a bunch of times, start using it in your daily status updates for all of your co-workers, friends, and family to see, and see what kind of reaction you get. You wouldn't do that. So why feel the need to use it in the server? Why not just keep that shit to yourself?

The LO's are currently discussing some sort of reasonable rule. We're currently leaning towards a mute (no bans) for using that word in the PSL servers. It's still entirely up to debate though within the LO discussions and the community. The bottom line is Omega has an issue with the word and this is him asking us, as a community, to refrain from using it. And I don't see a reason why we can't try to oblige that request.

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:27 pm

Stinger and Nad, there are a few things that are totally wrong and skewed in you claims.

Stinger: I helped buy a server that enforces MOST of the PSL rules, as I agree with the vast majority of them.

I don't donate for several long standing reasons including this one (which has actually been an issue since SSL s1), server location, server provider and people's attitudes.

I have no authority in the HB server and it is not in my name. As a matter of fact I specifically asked for someone else to sign for it to avoid most of the drama having my name associated with it would draw.

I never wanted or asked for admin in the HB server nor campaigned or petitioned to be an LO in PSL for power. I just wanted decent ping, a practice server to help my team and the ability to scrim/scrug w/o getting trumped by 1 person who wants to pug.

I never asked you to change the rules immediately, only ENFORCE THE CURRENT RULES with the proof you asked for which I provided... even though you were in the server and active at the time of the infraction.

I told you about it... you left the server, I steam messaged you with the text of the occurence... you went offline, I posted in these forums which I rarely visit and still meet a wall.

I have asked, campaigned and raged for YEARS against the racist comments and nothing has been done (which is another rule not being enforced) if someone asks you to stop... STOP. So I'm expected to specifically ask each person to stop please EVERY time they use a racist comment, week after week/year after year?!?! Asking once isn't enough and every infraction there after warrant administrative action?

Last edited by Omega on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omega
Omega
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Melter Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:34 pm

The Jews were slaves too, you dont hear them complaining.

Nigga please.

Civil rights movement is getting started in the psl, AND MARTIN LUTHER KING JUNIOR WILL GIVE THE I HAVE A DREAM SPEACH AGAIN AND WE WILL HAVE A REVIVAL OF TRUE AFRICAN CULTURE.

And my site avatar is dedicated to you now Omega.
Face Melter
Face Melter
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SainT Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:40 pm

I think this thread needs a saint rant seems how you guys already went off topic.

First I don't see how anyone has been targeting or has had it out for Stinger lately, maybe meh did and thats about it. Omega didn't come in here and target anyone, the only person's name he mentioned in his first post was jurik and that was from a quote of what jurik said in game. Never did he say anything to Stinger, he didn't have anything to say directly towards Stinger until Stinger got involved in the situation. Omega didn't like the reply he got and followed it up with another post that had some rage in it, but guess what Stinger then decides he will take up the issue with the other LO's. Was it so hard to do this the first time Omega ask the issue to be addressed? Its just like the thread with meh. It seems to me that the problem is that Stinger can't keep things simple and feels the need to make them more complicated.

As the great philosopher Bazooka Joe once said, "U guys always have to make everything super complicated."

On to my other topic. I don't think it's fair to say that anyone is the best thing that has happen to this league. This league never would have got to where it is without all the people that have been involved throughout the years. And when I say league I don't mean just the PSL. If it wasn't for the SSL the PSL never would have happen and there were plenty of things that had to happen in order for the SSL to get started.

Anyways im not trying to say that what Stinger has done isn't great but he is just one of many.

SainT
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next