Sound dun borked?

Go down

Sound dun borked? Empty Sound dun borked?

Post by Warcat on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:08 pm

No clue what's going on. Sound is screwed up. My speakers aren't unplug/broken because when I turn up the volume really high I can hear them buzzing like they usually do. To be honest I don't really have any clue what is going on our how and when it happened. I just started up CSS a few days ago and there was no sound.

Not much to go on, I know, but anyone have any idea what may be causing it?
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Sound dun borked? Empty Re: Sound dun borked?

Post by panda on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:36 pm

If it's just CSS, check in-game volume (Options) or Windows Volume Mixer (depending on if you have Windows).

Sorry if you tried these things a long time ago. O:

panda
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:54 pm

It's not just CSS btw, it's everything. Also I'm not really sure what happened to the volume icon thing on my toolbar. I don't think I've had one there for ages.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Microsoft Help wrote:If you have speakers, make sure they're plugged into a working power source and turned on.

Make sure that your speaker volume or headphone volume isn't muted or turned down too low. This is particularly important for laptops, which often have small speakers that can be hard to hear.

Open Volume Mixer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then, under Sound, clicking Adjust system volume.

Move the slider up to increase the volume.
Make sure the Mute button is not turned on. If the button looks like this: Picture of the Mute button turned off, muting is turned off. If the button looks like this:Picture of the Mute button turned on , click it to turn off muting.

Note
Note

Some laptops have an external volume control on the outside of the case. If you're using a laptop, check the external volume control to make sure it's not turned all the way down.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/no-sound-in-windows

Step 2 has a troubleshooter if all else fails.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:37 pm

Worked thanks. The output device was set to headphones, I think this might of been because I plugged out my USB for the headphones before I turned the headphones off and it didn't register that the headphones were off or something like that.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum