North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Championship Round - Game 1 LZR vs BB

2 posters

Go down

Championship Round - Game 1 LZR vs BB Empty Championship Round - Game 1 LZR vs BB

Post by Stinger Tue May 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Final Score: LZR 1 - 0 BB
Referee: N/A
MVP: N/A
Infractions: N/A
Stats:
    N/A

Players:
    N/A

Extra info: Billigans couldn't field 6 players. Rather then make this a true forfiet, we have decided to make it a pending forfiet. Basically, if LZR and Billigans can find time to schedule a 3rd match, this match won't count for shit. If no time works for a 3rd match (there are a lot of restrictions), then this match would count as a forfiet.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Championship Round - Game 1 LZR vs BB Empty Re: Championship Round - Game 1 LZR vs BB

Post by Dill Wed May 09, 2012 12:36 am

4 (pending) forfeits in a row...an unfortunate way to end an otherwise pretty good season.
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Championship Round - Game 1 LZR vs BB Empty Re: Championship Round - Game 1 LZR vs BB

Post by Stinger Wed May 09, 2012 1:32 am

Dill wrote:4 (pending) forfeits in a row...an unfortunate way to end an otherwise pretty good season.

Yep. If we even finish. Server goes down Friday :/ Not that ill have any say in it, but maybe its time to cut out playoffs entirely and make the season decide the champion. I believe Spock suggested that way back? Spock ahead of his time!
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Wed May 09, 2012 1:41 am

I can't speak on behalf of the other season's, but I know the Playoffs for this season came at the absolute worst time for a lot of students playing in the league. I had next to zero availability for my team throughout the week we were scheduled to play as well as the beginnings of the following week. Combine that with trying to factor in BB's similar absences and it was nearly impossible to get those dates choosen.

Although making there be no playoffs could really make the actual seasons matter that much more. Or maybe instead of a 4 team playoff, just those top 2 teams get a 1 time game. I know I voted for a best 2/3 series with 1v4 and 2v3, but my reasoning was so the teams could play more with each other in the post season. Turned out so far the teams have only played 1 extra match and have yet to even play a 2nd.

For future seasons, for this very reason, I think I would be greatly in favor of a single Championship game between Team #1 and Team #2. Essentially that makes the season like the 'playoffs' that all 6 teams get invited to and you fight for those 2 spots in the final game.

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down