North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Look in on the Atrox - Guild Wars 2

2 posters

Go down

A New Look in on the Atrox - Guild Wars 2 Empty A New Look in on the Atrox - Guild Wars 2

Post by Nad Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:34 pm

A New Look in on the Atrox - Guild Wars 2 SRbL1
Website: [ www.theatrox.forumotion.com ] --> [ www.rageblade.com ]
Type: WvW & PvP Focused / PVE (Tight-knit & Skilled)
Server: Undecided, Looking @ Fort Aspenwood, Darkhaven, Anvil's Rock
Mumble IP: theatrox.murmur.nfoservers.com;19070
Requirements
-Must be ATLEAST 18 years of age.
- Microphone and Mumble
- Don't be awful
!

Atrox's Big 3
1.) E.L.E - Everybody Love Everybody.
2.) Set a high standard for yourself.
3.) Excel at what you do.

First of all guys, thank you for reviewing this thread and giving us an opportunity! There are a few things that I need to point out before I dive into more information. We are currently in transition of changing forums. We were using forumotion as a temporary home until I actually had time to build us a PHP based website. So the link you see above, rageblade.com, will be our new home with a new domain (friend is currently letting me use his old one).

Secondly, we are open to all timezones considering a majority of us are from Kentucky and work night shift. So we will cope with everyone's schedule when it comes to scheduling events!

With that being said, lets get into what the Atrox is all about.

We are a North American guild with a majority of East Coast players looking to expand our horizons. Many of us are friends in real life and have built chemistry overtime through our adventures in other MMOs & First Person Shooters. However, we are joined by a couple Canadians and other members all around the States. A majority of us are college students and as I mentioned earlier night shifters as well.

History
We were just recently founded around a month ago. Although, the idea has been thrown around for years. As close friends, we have always wanted to start our own gaming community and grow and conquer the games at hand. Finally, we came together and decided that the release of Guild Wars 2 was the best time and place for us. Therefore, the community was founded and a name was given. The Atrox, Atrox being the latin word for 'cruel.' Fitting as we are always ridiculing each other, but don't fear we are friendly and helpful! Also we are in the middle of adopting a mascot, every great team needs a mascot. That process is currently up for grabs. Myself and others wish to add to this history over time and create something we are truly proud of.

Plans
In GW2, hopefully our home for a long time, we plan on keeping that small, close-knit, and dominating approach. We are PvP and WvW focused, but we will be raiding and completing all the PvE content as well. Many of us love achievements and other adventurous things the game will offer as well. We will not be an invite-all or be-all guild, no zerg! There will never be a dull moment.

Expectations & Philosophy
We do have some expectations.

Philosophy in The Atrox is simple, excel at what you do. Hold our own, each of your teammates will expect you to do the same. Rather you play constantly or a few hours a week, expectations are no less, you should be able to stand your own ground. Now with that, you are also reliable to be a good teammate. Work together, work quickly, and efficiently. During recruitment you will be given a trial period in-which you will roll with the guys and then there will be a vote. Each member must give you the thumbs up, a 100% rule. If you're not accepted the first time, keep working towards it, don't give up! Friends and skilled gamer are not a mutual concept, the two will not interfere.

We play a variety of games, but currently we are focused on Guild Wars 2. Rather it be an MMO or an FPS, you are expected to be the best. Also, that expectation runs out of game as well. Conduct on our forums or other forums should not be detrimental to our community. There should never be a point in time where a member is embarrased due to another teammate's actions.

Lastly have fun, E.L.E. (Everyone Love Everyone). We are here to have fun and contrasting personality should never get in the way! We game to relieve stress and succeed while doing so.

The Application Process
The application process was highlighted briefly in the last paragraph, but it varies in each game. This is how the Guild Wars 2 application process will begin. Subject to change.

1.) Register -> Put in your application -> It gets reviewed and approved, the week trial starts.

During this trial your activity on the forums, on mumble, and in-game is key. Basically just roll with us so we can get to know you and likewise on you getting to know us. If it is not for you, you can terminate your trial at anytime. However, we encourage people to just hangout with us! There is no pressure to apply, we're always looking for in-game friends and alliances.

2.) Throughout the week members will put in their input, decide, and then vote.

You are required to have a 100% passing vote, if not your trial is extended. If conflict resides, it will be taken care of!

3.) It's not over yet! After passing the vote their will be a guild event/applicant challenge.

I'm not spoiling anything yet, but the event may/may not consist of team duels with other applicants, jumping puzzle races ending with a duel with an officer, or any other challenge(s) presented. These are currently being debated, the possibilities are endless.

4.) Accepting/Declining an Application.

If you pass step #2 & #3, you're officially welcomed to the community/guild. If you're denied, your trial will be extended! We encourage to not give up, keep extending that trial! Continue to roll with us! Again, you always have the option to terminate your application.

Atrox Recruitment Status: OPEN / Any Profession
Atrox Alliance Status: OPEN
- Yes! We are looking for allies! Let us know!

Guys, I sincerely appreciate any responses or advice for I am new to this leadership scene! We appreciate the hard work and the dedication to these forums!

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

A New Look in on the Atrox - Guild Wars 2 Empty Re: A New Look in on the Atrox - Guild Wars 2

Post by Nad Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Our website has been updated and the forums integrated.

www.atroxnation.com --> Head on over there, fill out an app, hang out on mumble! Even without the app feel free to hangout in the mumble server, it is currently open to the public!

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

A New Look in on the Atrox - Guild Wars 2 Empty Re: A New Look in on the Atrox - Guild Wars 2

Post by Nad Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Server selection is complete!

After debating it we've came down to selecting DarkHaven as our designated server. If this server could not fit our roster by launch (which we're hoping it can) we will be headed to Gates of Madness.

Cheers guys, anyone interested still let me know.

Server: DarkHaven

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:24 pm

1 more day officially! The game launches at 3AM EST Saturday morning or Friday night. Whichever you prefer!

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Deltan00b Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:12 am

I will be looking to join your server seeing as how I don't know anybody else getting the game, and currently looking into this team.

Deltan00b
Site Regular
Site Regular

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:45 pm

Rgr

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down