"Thank you" from (zr) Milkman about s5 experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Thank you" from (zr) Milkman about s5 experience

Post by Milkman on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:39 am

While I may have not broken any records, hurtled any expectations, or made any epic plays; I have still enjoyed my time playing for Zr and PSL in general. I've noticed a lot of negative things are always being said on forums, figure I try to shed some light on positive things players have done for me personally.

A lot of respect is well overdue for Dragon (imo) for picking up the pieces on a team that seemed broken from the start. He had really grabbed the bull by the horns as a co-captain (eventually being forced to fill in the deserted shoes of captain) when he was racing against the clock to piece together not just the original zr roster, but again with the reconstruction from an inactive team. He had probably the shittiest position out of any captain, playing goalie for a team full of 4v4ers, with the least amount of experience of any roster this league has probably seen in quite some time. He was put in a management situation he didn't sign up for and still dealt with it, even going through the trouble of scheduling practices that coordinated with Herbal and I's work schedule, and Irool's bedtime. But I think the prevalence of his great character came in with with how much responsibility he took for a hobby that became a chore. He could have easily said "fuck it" and had taken the easy path that would have yielded the same team record, but he catered to our requests for practice. I always joked with other team mates on how, if we ever somehow pull a win, we wouldn't even need to vote for an mvp. And while no matter how hard I tried and failed to get at least one win so he could get his well deserved mvp title, I still think both teams at the end of every match were impressed by his performance. Speaking of other teams, not only the fresh meat in zr, but also everyone in the league owes him (imo). Let's be honest, zr was made to tie a loose end; to meet the 6 team requirement, but that didn't stop him from taking the team seriously and assuring team attendance at matches. So in my eyes he didn't just do Zr favors, but rather breathed a little more life into these dying days of psl. I hope that Dragon is elected most dedicated team player for season 5, if not at least in the running.

As for the rest of Zr, I couldn't have asked for a better team to play with. While I may have played so poorly at times that I should have had an exclusive uniform that included a helmet on my model, you were always quick to try and put me back on my feet. It was never about winning (while we wanted to win more than anything) but rather just going in, doing the best we could, and learning as much as we could. I can't count how many times Irool and Alex said "Just do your best, you got this milk" when I was locked up in a corner battle with another player well over my pedigree. You guys were always really supportive and made a great enviroment for a team. I remember trying to help even from the bench, trying to give advice based off of observations of what made other teams successful in contrast with what we weren't doing. It may have not been much or even any help at all, but I think it's an example of how badly we wanted to see each other succeed. As for Kodiak, you improved a shit ton over this season, good job. I hope to see you in the running for rookie of the season.

To the members Fuh-Q and freebird: Thanks for doing us that solid our first match. And I've apologized for this before but I am sorry for qqing that we should be given another break. You were all really patient and flexible for a match which had a predictable outcome. Thanks

To Stinger: Special thanks for picking me in pugs (when I first started) to save me from fat kid status. Let alone coming through at your own financial expense for us to knife a ball in an fps game, and generally always being kind and patient.

To Pride: I remember two occasions where you complimented my performance, and one time you put your money on me by picking me over a better player in a 6v6 pug (of which I ended up blowing in, sorry I couldn't measure up =/). Best of luck to you in school though, hope you do well.

To a player in thunder who has grown distaste for me: Really appreciate what you said after our final match against FwB, (I think you we're genuine when you said it) felt good to get respect not based off of ability but rather our effort.

To Panda: Thanks for posting those tutorial videos on youtube, they had actually helped me a lot when I started (I've said this before but figured
I mind as well add it). The montages have also helped me a lot recently too.

Scop3r: Thanks for teaching me how to dribble that one time and always being nice.

Furtif: You're probably the most fun person to pug with, very funny, laid back, and a horrible rapper. YMCMB.

Weef: Thanks for occasionally coaching me in pugs, I really appreciate your input.

Quick and MV: Thanks for paying for the server for the time you did, so that this season could happen. Also MV I have to appreciate you taking a comical approach to my screw ups (ie "deliving the milk to the wrong address") lightning up the situation.

Bryy: Always fun playing with you, but kinda sucked at the same time seeing a player get better than me so fast. Haven't seen you around pugs lately, quit playing guild wars and play some knife ball. Good luck in the rookie of the season nomination.

Dill: I don't think I've pugged with you more than once, but I have to applaud you for your commitment to PSL, even when you're not playing you seem to still take an active roll and keep a presence on the forums.

Lonewolf: I don't really know you at all but I've seen a lot of shots taken at you, can't really see where they come from as I can't recall you even being mean to me. If you were really a rageaholic like people say I would think you would have said something to me by now.....not really a compliment...

Jay: Always been fun pugging with you, don't be so hard on yourself though. Try and play confidently and don't let pews and wiffs get to your head. You slaughter in beastmode.

Fresh: Stop walling in 4v4 dick. You always make me look like an asshole when I'm on d. srs tho u pro.

Well cheers everyone, it's been a lot of fun and I hope to see you all in s6, in fact I hope to see a s6. Sorry If I didn't mention you and you feel left out. Chances are I have something positive to say about you anyway.
Milkman
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

http://ryanseacrest.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: "Thank you" from (zr) Milkman about s5 experience

Post by Stinger on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:26 pm

If only we had more people like you in the league D: Hopefully there is a s6.
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by m1tch on Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:04 pm

You just got milked
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Quick on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:09 pm

I can't find the like button for this status Sad

Quick
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 2 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fresh on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:35 am

and thank you milk for always being on that next level shit. no one can stop the fresh milk combo bounce
Fresh
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by panda on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:42 am

Stinger wrote:If only we had more people like you in the league

Nuff said.

panda
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by bryy on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Stinger wrote:If only we had more people like you in the league D: Hopefully there is a s6.

Milk you were the first person to believe in me, to tell me I had potential in this game and you saw it straight away and tried to grab it up... and succeeded. I might not of stuck around with the team long because of selfish reasons, but you always believed in me. I had never played goalie before and I still remember you telling me how good I am at it (I'm definitely not Razz). I feel like you along with a handful of other people are what made me feel so welcomed into this community.

I hope there is a season 6 too.

bryy
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

Back to top Go down

Post by Universound on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:31 pm

I've never posted anything on this forum yet but I saw your epic post. There needs to be more people like you not only in psl/source, but in the world in general haha. Thanks for everything, always forgiving to others during mistakes(especially new comers like me xD),and always being a nice person. Here here to milk!
Universound
Site Guinea Pig
Site Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by adhdjay on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:30 am

its cause milkman is a cool ass dude, nuff said. I love you I love you I love you
adhdjay
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum