North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Situation

2 posters

Go down

Server Situation Empty Server Situation

Post by scop3r Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:00 am

As most know, the NFO server we have played on for a long time now is going to go down.  Now we have been given a server for free.  Now while a free server would be ideal, some are complaining about lag and things of that sort.  Personally, I have no problem with this because we're getting it for free and I think people should appreciate that and just deal with it since nobody else offered any solutions (to my knowledge at least).  But there is the option to get the NFO server back.  Stinger has said he wants nothing to do with paying for the server anymore, so we would have to take care of paying for it.

Server Situation D85b34f9bd

As you can see, it would be $12.14 a month.  If we got the "Higher CPU priority", then that adds $9.99 and takes us to $22.13.  It doesn't seem necessary and if it saves us 10 bucks, then I'd rather not get it.  $12.14 isn't that much at all, and if people who could just chipped in a little, then we could pay for a new server just like the old one.  I won't pay for it all myself since I'm perfectly fine with sticking with the free server we were generously given, but others have been very vocal about not wanting to do that.  So if you do have a huge problem, then step up and donate

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Server Situation Empty Re: Server Situation

Post by Labarr Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:34 am

I think the free server is just fine, especially now that the season is over.. Ya, it lags every now and again but isn't that big of a deal. Plus, lets face it, seems like we are twinddling in players (been seeing the same people pug over and over), since I started 2years ago. 

But if we do go ahead and get a server (and someone else makes a generous donation to get us covered for alittle bit, I will throw in something too.

How much would it be if we payed yearly?
Labarr
Labarr
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down