Voters wanted to assign player tiers

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Voters wanted to assign player tiers Empty Voters wanted to assign player tiers

Post by Stinger on Sun May 15, 2011 8:04 pm

The League Officials have decided that in the near future we will be having tiers for captains. This means that the script will not allow high caliber players to face off against a low caliber player. To assign players to their tiers fairly, we will be having 10+ people (hopefully) vote on each player. If you wish to help with this, make a post saying so and an League Official may message you when we are voting.

Even if you post you may not get messaged, simply because we can't have too many voters.

P.S. The date for voting has yet to be determined, will post it later.

Last edited by Stinger on Sun May 15, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Voters wanted to assign player tiers Empty Re: Voters wanted to assign player tiers

Post by sh4rpsh00t3r on Sun May 15, 2011 8:08 pm

i would like to vote bounce

sh4rpsh00t3r
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Voters wanted to assign player tiers Empty Re: Voters wanted to assign player tiers

Post by Fatal on Sun May 15, 2011 8:15 pm

I ply

Fatal
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 11 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo on Sun May 15, 2011 9:03 pm

ivote Very Happy
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Magz on Sun May 15, 2011 9:07 pm

fu i vote suck my cock

Magz
Site Regular
Site Regular

PSL Awards : 2 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Souperior on Sun May 15, 2011 10:48 pm

Ivote
Souperior
Souperior
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyrim on Mon May 16, 2011 1:10 am

i vote for Rob

Skyrim
Site Regular
Site Regular

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow on Mon May 16, 2011 5:06 pm

^^^^^^^

Shadow
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger on Mon May 16, 2011 9:02 pm

Gonna be voting Wednesday @ 8 PM EST.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Arctic on Tue May 17, 2011 2:47 pm

I'd like to participate
Arctic
Arctic
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

http://arctisch.com/scrubz/images/yourswf/forum/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyware on Tue May 17, 2011 4:52 pm

Vote for Pedro
Spyware
Spyware
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger on Tue May 17, 2011 6:01 pm

We're changing it up thanks to Fatal Smile. Instead of having every1 meet and do it at once I will just message the list of players to the people and they will send it back to me with their votes (this way should be quicker + easier).
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja_Zam on Tue May 17, 2011 7:32 pm

I would like to vote

Ja_Zam
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill on Tue May 17, 2011 8:06 pm

You should have voters to decide on who gets to vote!
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat on Tue May 17, 2011 8:43 pm

But then we would also have to vote on who gets to vote to vote, and it would cause a never ending stream of madness.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo on Tue May 17, 2011 9:11 pm

^
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r on Tue May 17, 2011 11:47 pm

let the shit storm begin

it's a very good idea in concept, and it most definitely could work. but, when the list comes out, there will probably be a lot of people who will be totally pissed about where they are on the list. i.e. "I'm way better than this guy who's ranked above me" and so on. but after the first week or two, the players will probably chill out and not worry about it.

only thing that you will have to worry about, is adding new puggers, and in the case that someone really improves, you will have to keep up on the list and move them up. if someone stays with it and updates it often, all should be well.

SUGGESTION - it can be frustrating for people if they have to be captain back to back pugs. if there is a way to manipulate the script to be able to put in the two last captains of the previous pug, and make it choose other people besides those 2 guys, then that would be good. unless they volunteer to be captain of course.

Last edited by scop3r on Tue May 17, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger on Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 am

scop3r wrote:let the shit storm begin

it's a very good idea in concept, and it most definitely could work. but, when the list comes out, there will probably be a lot of people who will be totally pissed about where they are on the list. i.e. "I'm way better than this guy who's ranked above me" and so on. but after the first week or two, the players will probably chill out and not worry about it.

only thing that you will have to worry about, is adding new puggers, and in the case that someone really improves, you will have to keep up on the list and move them up. if someone stays with it and updates it often, all should be well.

Agreed for the most part. However, the updating that this will require is much less then some other scripts that we already have. As far as the people complaining about their placement, yeah it will probably happen, but since we're having 10+ people vote and keeping the votes as confidential as possible it should be fine unless someone is so offended they rage quit entirely.

scop3r wrote:SUGGESTION - it can be frustrating for people if they have to be captain back to back pugs. if there is a way to manipulate the script to be able to put in the two last captains of the previous pug, and make it choose other people besides those 2 guys, then that would be good. unless they volunteer to be captain of course.

I like the idea, unfortunately I personally cannot say if this is possible (Panda does 99% of the scripting, but ill try to get him to read this and/or ill ask him about it). Will also require LO majority vote to be put into effect, but I don't see that being a problem.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger on Wed May 18, 2011 12:13 am

Ive sent you guys a PM on the forums with the list of players. Simply put the tier # you want beside each person's '='. Put a 3 for high tier, 2 for medium tier, 1 for low tier. Try and send it back completed by the end of Thursday so I can add them up (I will be the only one who sees the votes unless people feel I cheated, in which case I will forward all PMs to a second LO).

To Skyrim, Magz, Shadow, and Virus - Im not sure if you guys meant you wanted to vote or if you were just posting for fun Sad If you wanted to, just say so and ill send the PM.

EDIT : Remember this is supposed to be based mainly on skill, with activity playing a small factor too.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r on Wed May 18, 2011 7:22 am

and i also had another script suggestion/idea. and this one is kind of over-the-top and could quite honestly be more of a pain then helpful. i'm thinking that in the menu, whoever specs all, could there be a list pop up which shows everybody who's currently in the server, and then the admin could select who's pick-able? or i suppose it could show you everybody, and you select the ones that aren't pickable...

i honestly haven't pugged on psl very much so i'm not completely sure if people still argue about it a ton or not. like i said, could be helpful, or could be a pain in the ass.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat on Wed May 18, 2011 7:42 am

Well to be honest with like the 10 people + LOs we have voting it is no more any different than people getting picked for PUGs, most people know where abouts they are in relation to other players, and to be honest I think its a better thing to get ranked lower, that way I don't have to go against Stinger and Lone every pug.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger on Thu May 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Jazam, Souperior, Loading, Tactics -> You guys have until 12 AM EST tonight to submit your votes, or they won't be counted.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Arctic on Fri May 20, 2011 1:48 am

Warcat wrote:Well to be honest with like the 10 people + LOs we have voting it is no more any different than people getting picked for PUGs, most people know where abouts they are in relation to other players, and to be honest I think its a better thing to get ranked lower, that way I don't have to go against Stinger and Lone every pug.

Win the knife fight and you wont have to
Arctic
Arctic
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

http://arctisch.com/scrubz/images/yourswf/forum/

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat on Fri May 20, 2011 7:56 am

Easier said than done.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf on Fri May 20, 2011 11:30 am

Knife star --->
LoneWolf
LoneWolf
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 15 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum