North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft Season Ideas / Suggestions

+14
SainT
Bazooka Joe
Spiffy
panda
m1tch
Owns
scop3r
Nad
irool
Warcat
Skyrim
Ja_Zam
Omega
Stinger
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Draft Season Ideas / Suggestions Empty Draft Season Ideas / Suggestions

Post by Stinger Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Here is a list of what I have came up with so far for the POTENTIAL first PSL Draft Season. Do not just rage at ideas (any pure rage posts will just be deleted), simply post adding in ideas or giving feedback on current ones. If you do not agree with an idea, make a post explaining why you don't and if enough people agree with you we can just remove it. Nothing here is official for the season yet.

The basics :

- The season will be 2 full rounds. A round is when every team plays each other once. Like last season, the matches will be on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday @ 8 / 9 PM EST.
- 2 General Managers (very similar to captains in past seasons), would draft from a pool of signed up players
- The 2 GMs (General Managers) would draft in a certain order (TBD) until the roster limit is reached for all teams (10 is the limit). The order for this draft is TBD and I would like to see what other people come up with. I currently feel 1-2-3-4-5-6-6-5-4-3-2-1-1-2-3-4-5-6-1-2-3-4-5-6-etc. may be the fairest.
- Rather then randomly assigning which General Manager pairing gets the 1st overall pick / 2nd / 3rd / etc. I thought it might be better to do assign them based on skill. This means the General Manager pairing that is deemed the most skillful, would have the 6th overall pick, and the weakest pairing would have 1st.
- During the season trades can occur between 2 or more teams just like professional leagues. The only requirements for the trades is that a GM from both teams agree, and the trade is approved by the League Official(s). This would mean that players cannot leave a team + join another on their own free will. If you you want off your team, let your captain know and hopefully he/she can arrange a trade. If not, let an League Official know and they will try to help as well. In the end you will not be forced to be on a team, but if a trade with another team cannot be worked out you will only be allowed to play on the team you were on before you left.
- There will be no unbalanced number of players in trades. This means if you're trading for 3 players, you're giving 3 players.
- My plan as far as players joining / being dropped during the season is to have it set up like most fantasy leagues on sites, with waivers. This means whoever has last pick in the original draft, will have first dibs on new players that wish to sign up. Once they use their order #, they are automatically moved to the end of the line. If this needs more explaining let me know, im not sure if people will fully understand it just from what ive typed.
- Since the draft offers a bigger risk in people cheating, there will be a heavy penalty on teams who cheat (such as -10 points in standings or just complete disqualification from the season). I am not going to post examples of cheating as I don't want to give people ideas.

Potential Differences From Past PSL Seasons :
- No referees. This ends up being a pain in the ass for almost everyone involved. My new idea for monitoring games is to simply have players call their own fouls during the game, and report the score to an League Official after the game is done. Any fouls called will be investigated via demo by an LO. If a player continues to call fouls that are later deemed not fouls, they will not be able to call report fouls in the future.
- Since we will have no referees, it will be up to the GMs to notify an League Official after a game. The message should include final score, any fouls, and anything extra that they feel is necessary.
- Less LOs, more random helping! So far I was thinking 1-2 ACTIVE LOs for the season, with random helping from players throughout the league when they wish to / have the time to. Its a lot easier to help out when you're not obligated to do it all the time.
- Admins. Rather then give it only to those who "refereed" last year (like 10 people?) we can have it so admin is given to those who are experienced in pugs, responsible and mature. This also means that admin will be taken away much quicker as well, which should keep abuse down.
- A General Manager cannot sit a player more than 6 halves. This will ensure the everyone gets the chance to play, while not allowing an inactive to just randomly show up to whatever game they please and be forced to play. Basically if you show up regularly, you're going to play.
- The number of halves sat will go along with a player when they are traded. This will add another aspect to trading and will keep it fair for people who are sat.
- It will be the PLAYERS job to notify an League Official when they are sat. It cannot be expected of anyone else to monitor it, as there is no way to easily do so.

If you take the time to read this, take the time to post feedback and to let other people know of the post so we can have their feedback too Very Happy

P.S. Hopefully sign ups will be within the next 3ish days, as ive already messaged a bunch of people to see if theyd be interested and 99% of people were.

EDIT : Signups open now.

Last edited by Stinger on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 9 times in total
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Draft Season Ideas / Suggestions Empty Re: Draft Season Ideas / Suggestions

Post by Omega Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:21 pm

I like the idea
Omega
Omega
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja_Zam Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:35 pm

Sounds gouda

Ja_Zam
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:45 pm

Addition to Basics :

- Rather then randomly assigning which General Manager pairing gets the 1st overall pick / 2nd / 3rd / etc. I thought it might be better to do assign them based on skill. This means the General Manager pairing that is deemed the most skillful, would have the 6th overall pick, and the weakest pairing would have 1st.

EDIT : Reworded + Further explained the following :

- During the season trades can occur between 2 or more teams just like professional leagues. The only requirements for the trades is that a GM from both teams agree, and the trade is approved by the League Official(s). This would mean that players cannot leave a team + join another on their own free will. If you you want off your team, let your captain know and hopefully he/she can arrange a trade. If not, let an League Official know and they will try to help as well. In the end you will not be forced to be on a team, but if a trade with another team cannot be worked out you will only be allowed to play on the team you were on before you left.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyrim Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:30 pm

This is going to be a GOOJOKE SEASON !!!!!!!

Skyrim
Site Regular
Site Regular

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:32 pm

I suggest some management to make sure the lesser players all get played.

My idea is this - (Names are used just as examples, not to be taken in any way shape or form as an insult)

Team x:

Warcat - 10 Games played
Stinger - 5
Skyrim- 5
Ja_zam- 5
Omega- 5
Hyphy - 5
Meh- 1

So these are 7 players from team x's roster of y amount. Everyone has played around 5 games, but Warcat has played 10 and Meh has only played 1. My suggestion is that Warcat (the person with the most games played) should be forced to sit, and Meh (the person with the least games played) should be required to play (of course if he wants to or not...)

In short/TL;DR: My suggestion is that it should be required to play the player(s) who is/are present at that game who has/have played the least games be played, and the player(s) with the most games sit.

Of course this will have to be thought through because it is a bit of a change, but I think it is a good idea because I keep repeating this but I think eventually what would happen is the lesser players on the teams would be sat for almost every game, amusing the team fields more than 6 regularly. And if this is deemed as a bad idea, then I would like some form of way to make sure everyone gets played.

EDIT: Second suggestion Stinger and I came up with is that there could be a limit on the amount of times one player can show up to the game and be sat. For example Meh showed up to 4 games, and he played one. Therefore he sat three times. Let's say that the cap on sitting is three games, then the team would be required to play Meh to every game he shows up to from that point on. In the event that 7 players show up to a game and all of them have sat 3 games, the person to sit would be decided on who has the most games played. More or less just like the first suggestion. In my opinion this suggestion is the better of the two, but I'll leave both up to see what you guys think.

Last edited by Warcat on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by irool Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:42 pm

ithink we should do 7v7 rw c lw lb cb rb * gk *
WTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

irool
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Warcat wrote:I suggest some management to make sure the lesser players all get played.

My idea is this - (Names are used just as examples, not to be taken in any way shape or form as an insult)

Team x:

Warcat
Stinger
Skyrim
Ja_zam
Omega
Hyphy
Meh

So these are 7 players from team x's roster of y amount. Everyone has played around 5 games, but Warcat has played 10 and Meh has only played 1. My suggestion is that Warcat (the person with the most games played) should be forced to sit, and Meh (the person with the least games played) should be required to play (of course if he wants to or not...)

In short/TL;DR: My suggestion is that it should be required to play the player(s) who is/are present at that game who has/have played the least games be played, and the player(s) with the most games sit.

Of course this will have to be thought through because it is a bit of a change, but I think it is a good idea because I keep repeating this but I think eventually what would happen is the lesser players on the teams would be sat for almost every game, amusing the team fields more than 6 regularly. And if this is deemed as a bad idea, then I would like some form of way to make sure everyone gets played.

After discussing this with Warcat via steam, we are adding in the rule "A General Manager cannot sit a player more than 3 times. This will ensure the everyone gets the chance to play, while not allowing an inactive to just randomly show up to whatever game they please and be forced to play. Basically if you show up regularly, you're going to play."

Also added "Admins. Rather then give it only to those who "refereed" last year
(like 10 people?) we can have it so admin is given to those who are
experienced in pugs, responsible and mature. This also means that admin
will be taken away much quicker as well, which should keep abuse down."
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:43 am

I believe inactivity will be a problem therefore the playing time thing shouldn't be an issue. If you have responsible captains, which should be arranged this season, you won't have a problem with that. Point of a draft is to have role players just like on a major league baseball team, you have the reliable players and your specialty players, etc etc, ya get the point.

The other thing is that trades should have a limit per week or per month and only up to 4 or 5 person trade at a time. I'm too tired to think of more things, give me some time.. Fucking night shift lol

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:47 am

Nad wrote:I believe inactivity will be a problem therefore the playing time thing shouldn't be an issue. If you have responsible captains, which should be arranged this season, you won't have a problem with that. Point of a draft is to have role players just like on a major league baseball team, you have the reliable players and your specialty players, etc etc, ya
et the point.
Agreed. You would hope that captains would give playing time to all players, but just incase they dont, we have our "cant sit the same player more than 3 times" rule.

Nad wrote:The other thing is that trades should have a limit per week or per month and only up to 4 or 5 person trade at a time. I'm too tired to think of more things, give me some time.. Fucking night shift lol
Youd have to explain this more to me either on steam or in a post lol. So far I see nothing wrong with big trades or trading as many times as you want (considering the trade can be vetoed).
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Stinger wrote:Here is a list of what I have came up with so far for the POTENTIAL first PSL Draft Season.

oh, so these are all YOUR ideas eh?

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:35 pm

For fucks sake, can we not turn this into the official argument thread for once.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:03 am

:O TBH you told me nothing that was UNIQUE to your ISSL idea. You took from that haxball league, which took from fantasy sport leagues, so need to act like their your ideas either. All I meant when I said this is what I came up with was things that I think should be apart of the draft, not the ideas themselves obviously :O
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:49 am

never claimed them to be mine, just didn't want you getting everybody to think you came up with everything yourself.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:20 am

Nope, I'm pretty sure its obvious I was trying to do it like 99% of other drafts. I also never even said they we're my ideas, simply just meant thats what I had come up with for the draft (as in what we want in it and what we don't want)
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:35 am

Err my last post I didn't write much.. I'm even more tired tonight so lol.. to go more in-depth on that 2nd quote sting, trades should not be monitored unless something is awful fishy trying to stack a team and they are violating some type of rule.. Trading is a game of chess, if people arent dbags about it, it should work well..

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Owns Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:12 pm

for the actual draft, all players should pick a certain position that they will dedicate themselves to. I know for a good amount it won't be an issue because we know where they play, but for some it'd be nice to know what they want to play for the season so the gm's know what positions they have and the ones they need.

Owns
Site Guinea Pig
Site Guinea Pig

PSL Awards : N/A

http://www.boogers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Well the problem for that, is not only do we have more players that play strictly wing/centre for the most part but some players are of course going to also only want to play offense. Also what would happen if two players who assigned themselves to centre or goalie show up for a game.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:16 am

no no no warcat... you've misinterpreted what he's saying.

instead of just a list of people to pick from, he's saying when people register, they should also say they're desired position that they wish to play in the season. not "well i'll sign up as a center, and then i can't play anything but center".

then for the draft board, you could sort them into positions.

if you go to this picture and look at the bottom, you'll see what i'm talking about. it was done for the haxball league.

https://i.imgur.com/BsHpP.jpg

where they're sorted out and pre-ranked by a few people in the league

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:44 am

Well in that case if one is signing up as a GM they should know at least the positions the player they are picking plays.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:50 am

well the idea for the draft should be to
a) mix up the teams
b) throw a new variable into the league with trades
c) get new people to sign up so they can get into the league

honestly haven't seen anybody new sign up yet, (haven't really looked at the list in awhile so could be wrong). and i doubt anybody's gone to noob galore and tried to get newer players to sign up or pug.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:52 pm

scop3r wrote:honestly haven't seen anybody new sign up yet
CMurda, TaylorSwift, Michael V, Swift, Bartuc. These are 5/45 players that have never participated in a PSL season (aside from Michael V and Swift who both played on fate for about 2 weeks, but only played 1-2 games tops [Not even sure if Michael played a game considering he was never even added to the stats list]).
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:22 pm

sure that's cute and all, but they're not exactly new anymore, besides maybe bartuc. i'm talking people that you would consider complete prospects, those picks in the late rounds that you're not really sure what you're getting, but you could teach and train them to become starters. those will be the players that make this league work out. you have to have those depth players that could play in games and try to make their impact on things.

there are pleanty of people that frequent on the NG server that could easily play. yet nobody tries to get them in the league.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by m1tch Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:33 pm

what is this haxball league?
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:43 pm

All I wanna know is if Capsfan is Hot Shower lol.. Isn't that him in the picture? And then playoff MVP? Caps is beast.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next