North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Draft Season Ideas / Suggestions

+14
SainT
Bazooka Joe
Spiffy
panda
m1tch
Owns
scop3r
Nad
irool
Warcat
Skyrim
Ja_Zam
Omega
Stinger
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Draft Season Ideas / Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Draft Season Ideas / Suggestions

Post by Nad Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:39 pm

I think the rule where you cant trade 2 for 1 is kinda dumb.. If thats a rule, I just saw it above..

The point of trading is to try and better your team.. If you trade 2 people..
********ITS THE CAPTAINS FAULT THEY ARE FORFEITING*******
now if you trade a good person for 2 players (no matter what skill level)
you're now the man as a captain because you just saved yourself from a forfeit and you fixed your inactivity problem. Smile

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Draft Season Ideas / Suggestions - Page 3 Empty Re: Draft Season Ideas / Suggestions

Post by scop3r Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:21 am

what's up with this maximum number of people in the draft? that's stupid as hell.

should allow whoever wants to be in the draft... to be in the draft. if people don't get drafted, throw them into the FA pool at the beginning of the season. shouldn't put a limit on number of people in it.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:28 am

How is it 'stupid as hell' to let those who took the effort to sign up quickly play? If we have more players then we need for the draft, its the new people that aren't going to get picked, and I personally felt that was the main reason for a draft. Its definitely not for the high skilled vets (most don't care how its set up).

I think its only fair to add in 6 new people at a time, that way we can just increase the roster limit as well. Unfortunately we have had people drop out so we never get to adding 6, only replacing.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:00 pm

well... when they get drafted, and when someone better becomes a FA, then they're going to get dropped. you know it's going to happen

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:06 pm

But thats why I was asking before about even having FA signings. I still feel you should only be able to drop players if they are deemed inactive by the LOs. Otherwise, trade them or you're keeping them.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by SainT Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Stinger wrote:But thats why I was asking before about even having FA signings. I still feel you should only be able to drop players if they are deemed inactive by the LOs. Otherwise, trade them or you're keeping them.

This. And uneven trades are dumb.

SainT
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:07 am

^

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Draft Season Ideas / Suggestions - Page 3 Up-arrow
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:50 pm

here's how i see it.

allow as many people in the draft that sign up. have the draft, people who don't get picked, get thrown into the FA pool right after the draft. that way you already have people there in case people go inactive right away. if you don't allow FA's then there's nobody to replace them.

but you would have to do something about someone just skipping the draft to get on the team they want to be on. so say if someone doesn't sign up for the draft, they can't become a FA until 2-3 weeks into the season or something of that sort. allowing for people who did sign up to probably get a chance to be on a team.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:37 pm

But the thing is about the FA pool is that first of all every player that doesn't get picked is going to be a new player or a player who is not very good. Which defeats your whole point that you previously stated that this is to promote even teams and get new players more into the game.

Seeing how players have to be inactive to be cut from a team, for someone to be named "inactive" they will have to have been gone for at least a couple weeks or more so that would make the newer players who don't get drafted have to wait a least a couple weeks or more to even have a CHANCE to get on a team. Furthermore most GMs aren't going to want to scoop up one of the worst players in the league at their own will.

Also the inactivity thing kind of also counteracts your idea of skipping the draft to get on the team you want. Which would make it go along with your having to wait 2 weeks or so to be able to become a free-agent.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:03 pm

so there is going to be 8 rounds, putting 10 people on each roster. so i'm guessing the roster limits will be 10 per team?

and 2 weeks is a really long time to deem somebody inactive.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:38 pm

How are you going about free agent priority?

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:21 pm

scop3r wrote:so there is going to be 8 rounds, putting 10 people on each roster. so i'm guessing the roster limits will be 10 per team?

and 2 weeks is a really long time to deem somebody inactive.
Each roster will include 8 players, and 2 GMs - but the GMs can play games. As far as the 2 weeks goes it will most likely still be up for discussion (personally I feel we deal with it by a case by case basis instead of having a set time.

Nad wrote:How are you going about free agent priority?
This would be taken care of by the inactivity rule as well. I suppose we may have to have waiver positions just incase 2 teams remove an inactive at the same time, but thats about it.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:41 pm

Just to answer what a couple people have been asking - we made a PSL account made strictly for reporting match related things. This system is easier for LOs, as well as players.

Use this account to :
- Reporting season match scores
- Reporting fouls called against the other team in matches
- Reporting when you are sat
- Reporting anything else you feel is necessary

This account should only be logged into an hour before any matches, and will log out an hour after, and will always be a League Official logged in.

This account will never :
- Be used to play a pug
- Be used to invite for pugs
- Be used to message players (unless it is about a report)
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:52 pm

When is this Draft going to take place?
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Need 2 more GM pairings, which we will hopefully have within the next 24 hours.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:43 pm

I just made this Draft Spreadsheet which could be used for the draft whenever it happens. And it allows anybody who has the access to be able to type stuff in, so GM's can be on there during the draft and type their picks out so it's recorded.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap8DbHO9k5GHdDhoU3NWOEN3MkRpX3ZMWFc3ZlVxQ1E&hl=en_US

That's it for now, and nobody can edit it besides me at the moment.
Thanks to SainT for helping me with it.

If anybody sees something they don't like, or that could be improved, just let me know.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:33 pm

What I was thinking is the LO (Stinger) does this live on a Blog TV or something similar.

As a Name is Drafted, the template (above by Scoper), is used and a name is added to said list.

Would be fun to watch, and easier for GMs to talk and trade amongst themselves. Smile
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Yeah, I have a livestream account, in which i can stream it for everybody to watch as well.

Or, I could just give Editing access to GM's and then have everybody else able to go on the spreadsheet and just view it, but that would honestly be a pain.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by m1tch Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:12 pm

that looks pretty sick
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:38 pm

scop3r wrote:I just made this Draft Spreadsheet which could be used for the draft whenever it happens. And it allows anybody who has the access to be able to type stuff in, so GM's can be on there during the draft and type their picks out so it's recorded.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap8DbHO9k5GHdDhoU3NWOEN3MkRpX3ZMWFc3ZlVxQ1E&hl=en_US

That's it for now, and nobody can edit it besides me at the moment.
Thanks to SainT for helping me with it.

If anybody sees something they don't like, or that could be improved, just let me know.
That looks pretty cool. If you would be willing to use your livestream account then we might be able to do that, but we would have to talk about it of course.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:43 am

I was thinking about the draft order, (1 2 3 4 5 6 6 5 4 3 2 1 1 2 3 4 5 6) and I think that it actually does the opposite of its intention.

Stinger's team, team 6 will be able to get 2 top end player back to back.

Not having to worry about losing a pick and getting two players.

Strategically this gives them and Team 1 an advantage, being the only 2 teams that have back to back picks.

IMO I think either 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 pick option
OR 1 2 3 4 5 6 2 3 4 5 6 1 3 4 5 6 1 2 4 5 6 1 2 3 5 6 1 2 3 4 6 5 4 3 2 1... would balance the teams much more even with no severe advantage Smile

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:55 am

(1 2 3 4 5 6 ROUND#1) Very Happy (2 3 4 5 6 1 ROUND#2) Very Happy (3 4 5 6 1 2 ROUND#3) Very Happy (4 5 6 1 2 3 ROUND#4) Very Happy (5 6 1 2 3 4 ROUND#5) Very Happy ( 6 1 2 3 4 5 ROUND #6) Very Happy (1 2 3 4 5 6 ROUND#7) Very Happy (2 3 4 5 6 1 ROUND#8 )Very Happy

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:06 pm

So,
Blog TV? Ustream?

It really would be useful to everyone, and you just password the channel, so only those in the league can get there Smile
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Spero wrote:(1 2 3 4 5 6 ROUND#1) Very Happy (2 3 4 5 6 1 ROUND#2) Very Happy (3 4 5 6 1 2 ROUND#3) Very Happy (4 5 6 1 2 3 ROUND#4) Very Happy (5 6 1 2 3 4 ROUND#5) Very Happy ( 6 1 2 3 4 5 ROUND #6) Very Happy (1 2 3 4 5 6 ROUND#7) Very Happy (2 3 4 5 6 1 ROUND#8 )Very Happy

only work if all the GM pairs are same skill level..

Pride
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next