North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neuroscience/Biocomputing - Interesting Articles

+2
Stoicblitzer
beerhelmet
6 posters

Go down

Neuroscience/Biocomputing - Interesting Articles Empty Neuroscience/Biocomputing - Interesting Articles

Post by beerhelmet Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:07 pm

beerhelmet
beerhelmet
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Neuroscience/Biocomputing - Interesting Articles Empty Re: Neuroscience/Biocomputing - Interesting Articles

Post by Stoicblitzer Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:50 pm

DO WHAT NOW?

Stoicblitzer
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : N/A

Back to top Go down

Neuroscience/Biocomputing - Interesting Articles Empty Re: Neuroscience/Biocomputing - Interesting Articles

Post by Souperior Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Lmao I dont see the point of these experiments.
Souperior
Souperior
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyware Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:57 am

wt
Spyware
Spyware
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Souperior wrote:Lmao I dont see the point of these experiments.

Studying how bee brains solve such challenging tasks might allow us to identify the minimal neural circuitry required for complex problem solving

As for the rat brain thing. I have heard of that before, I would asume they are using for xenotransplantation research or something along those lines.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by loading Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:58 pm

Warcat wrote:As for the rat brain thing. I have heard of that before, I would asume they are using for xenotransplantation research or something along those lines.

Pretty much, but xenotransplantation hasn't really delved into the melding man and machine. It would be like integrating a pigs liver into a human or some variation of that. Species to species. Had to look that one up in my Bio book. Shocked I'm thinking you were talking about BCI (brain-computer interface) like this crazy ass site.

http://www.emotiv.com/

I was reading that article about the rat brains too. Growing cultured brain cells in a petri dish and using those cells to act like receptors is pure genius. I also heard that the brain cells would last a few months then die, and when they added a different set of brain cells the cyborg-rat reacted completely different from the previous set.

Irregardless, I think we will see Robocops before we see Terminators. Cool

EDIT: Since we're on the subject, the Japanese have really taken robotics to the next level.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/actroid-F-gynoid-facial-expressions,news-8504.html
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum