North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden Goal

5 posters

Go down

Golden Goal Empty Golden Goal

Post by Spero Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:09 am

Just wondering, does golden goal have a time limit? Not that it has ever taken longer than 10 minutes..
I was wondering if there was ever a shootout in previous leagues?
I think it would be kinda cool and if golden goal exceeds a certain time limit (like.. 10 mins?) ( possibly even preventing a game from lasting too long... it could happen D: )
That there was a shootout, all 5 players get a shot each, Minus the GK obviously.
From a block-able distance from the goal... just a suggestion!!! I think it could spice things up, add a new element to the game Smile
cheers

oh and PS: NOU!!!!

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Golden Goal Empty Re: Golden Goal

Post by Warcat Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Panda tried to make a script for this a while back ago, not sure what happened (ie. not sure if it failed or if we just didn't end up using it). But tbh I'd prefer to just have golden goal for as long as it last, shootout is really half luck half skill so it doesn't really determine the true better team.

In the situation that the golden goal has gone on for SO LONG that it goes into the next match, I just don't think that will happen too often tbh. Most golden goals only last about 5 minutes. Although I do remember that one 24 minute golden goal or something like that, though it was in a pug.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:29 pm

it was actually 50 min overtime. i remember that one.. yawn

Pride
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by panda Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:28 am

Warcat wrote:Panda tried to make a script for this a while back ago, not sure what happened (ie. not sure if it failed or if we just didn't end up using it).

This.

The script was basically done, people tried it, and it didn't get anywhere. It was definitely fun, but it's way too based on luck to take precedence over golden.
panda
panda
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:20 am

panda wrote:
Warcat wrote:Panda tried to make a script for this a while back ago, not sure what happened (ie. not sure if it failed or if we just didn't end up using it).

This.

The script was basically done, people tried it, and it didn't get anywhere. It was definitely fun, but it's way too based on luck to take precedence over golden.

tl;dr
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Pride wrote:it was actually 50 min overtime. i remember that one.. yawn

holy shit

Spero