North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruiting

+10
SainT
Spock
Fatal
Warcat
Pride
Cosmo
Bazooka Joe
Michael V
Stinger
Dill
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Recruiting Empty Recruiting

Post by Dill Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:47 am

Not to beat a dead horse...but I've noticed there is still quite a lot of activity on the damn Noob Galore servers. I've been checking on the server status randomly throughout the day for a few days now, and it seems there are always people in there. Now, more than ever, we really need some new players. Does anyone who still reads these forums have any ideas about trying to get the guys over at NG on board with our league? Or has that bridge been permanently burned?

And if not NG, then what about ESL? Or is ESL too far of a stretch to get their support? Although we are tiny, the ESL is an "eSports league" - which is exactly what we are!

If all else fails we can most likely continue with our 4-5 team seasons for a bit longer...but it'd be nice if we could maybe revisit and try to re-establish a rapport with those other communities.

Any ideas?

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Recruiting Empty Re: Recruiting

Post by Stinger Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:36 pm

Although I'm not too good at recruiting, I feel like the opportunity is there if we want. I know some people are recruiting straight from NG (I pretended to be a new player, only played for 30 mins with MV and he invited me to PSL), but I feel like we/I could be doing more. Unfortunately that server seems to be a hangout for the people who are anti-PSL so the players aren't very interested so its difficult.

As far as the ESL, I'm not sure at all (I don't know anything about the ESL either). I worked the AOW sponsorship before and I can say there was surprisingly a lot of interest from companies that want to sponsor a league.

I think if we just recruited a bit more from the NG server we'd be fine though.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael V Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Stinger wrote:(I pretended to be a new player, only played for 30 mins with MV and he invited me to PSL)

wt what was ur name. Also I have brought a few new people that I saw had potential and are rly good for ng guys. Also when furtifs server was up his server attracted like 5 ng ppl as well.
Michael V
Michael V
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

https://www.youtube.com/user/mikey9890

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:01 am

pfft well its different when you see someone of your skill playing in there lmfao.

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:47 am

Wasn't at his skill though - I was purposely being bad lol.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael V Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:31 am

Ikno I saw u couldnt hit the ball for shit but u knew wut u were doin, so thats y I belived u were a old guy who used to play. Also I saw that you werent chasing the ball you were always in position waiting for a pass or passing it to someone instead of shooting it, which goes along with the made up story u had that u used to play in ssl being true, and i thought u were just rusty lol
Michael V
Michael V
Site God
Site God

https://www.youtube.com/user/mikey9890

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:16 am

We just need to try to expand. I don't care if it's a massive 20+ community-wide forum post like we tried to do a few years back or if it's 1 person in a random server that gets someone to come check us out. But we need to do something. Just sitting here in our own little world hoping we magically get people to show interest in our league isn't going to help.

Which brings me to the next problem....if we do get new players to come to our league...they are still new players. It'll be hard to integrate them into our pugs without having our current douchey players drive them away. In the past I was able to nearly bring an entire new team to the league (ID) from Smashball but they were driven away by asshats and our abundance of super-good-never-make-a-mistake vets we have that completely rip into a new player the first chance they get.

I'll be very nice to any new player....but hell, a few of us the other day (myself included) needed a 12th for a late night pug. Furtif suggested he grab a new guy. And about 4-5 of us said we would leave if he did that. Now that could just be because it was Furtif and any associate of Furtif's might not have that good of an attitude. But I think it was just mainly because no one wanted to be stuck with playing a late-night pug with a new player.

I guess it's going to suck at first, but hopefully we can do something to recruit. Not just one or two of us recruiting, but I think everyone who still reads these forums can easily participate in the effort. But we just need to do something.

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:31 pm

tbh, w.e we do will be hard. its not like we can go promote ourselves and tell people we are the best league and all that shit. you have to find people that want to be good and to have them pug more. yes being nice would help but when i started to play everyone was a dick and u just dealt with it. if u cant take shit on the internet, god help you with real life shit.
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:39 pm

The people who 'dealt with it' turn out to be dicks themselves. I think the only type of recruiting worth doing is from the NG server itself. No matter how we put it, soccer sounds pretty gay / boring in a post / any type of text lol
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:05 pm

So how are you going to make new people interested
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:18 pm

just wait it out till cs:go then mass invite

Pride
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:36 pm

In all honesty, forum posts aren't going to really do anything. 90% of them will probably be locked and thrown in the incinerator and the 10% that get through will probably be ignored.

Think about if someone randomly came of this forum and advertised for some league in his first post. I for one know I would probably delete the thread instantly, as I really don't want random people spamming the forum. But if you did see it? Would you really even consider going to the server that some random guy is promoting?

Don't mean to be a humbug here, but I agree with Stinger. I think the only way we are going to be able to get new people is through the NG server. Just try to find new players if they are at all decent and bring them to PSL. That and Steveoh's server is for the most part how most people found the PSL/SSL. It's not like we're not getting any new people at all. Though they not be that new anymore we still have the likes of Killermaster (from NG), donuts (not sure), Fatdam (from NG), Herbal Smoker (not sure if he's even new tbh, but just started seeing him a week or so ago), etc. Of course we need more new players because it seems like we're losing players faster than we're gaining them.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:47 am

Well what we need to have is a new team that wants to get new players. Thats how I got in this league anyway. But the problem is that all the new players rq their matches if they dont win. Which is another problem we need to fix. Or we could get a "Good" player to go into a server looking for new players to start a team with and build it from there. Like instead of reforming a SvP or Sf kinda thing, why don't the captains go in there, find people that are decent, and bring them to the league. It really isn't hard to do.
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:43 am

Cosmo wrote:...It really isn't hard to do.

That couldn't be further from the truth.

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:45 am

Next season could require each team to have a minimum of 2 players who have never played a season, and require them to get a chance to play so many matches. Something like that might be interesting.

Fatal
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 11 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Ok well its not as ez as fucking a whore but i mean its possible.
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Spock Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:21 pm

why dont you actually treat new players like people and not business assets or statistics

Get to know them, become friends, play other games with them, and they'll be more than happy to play some css soccer. Don't just throw them into a pug where they'll have no one to trust and no one to turn to when they fuck up. Plus, this way, you'll have a good idea if this person's a reasonable addition to the league instead of another fuck up that no one likes.
Spock
Spock
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by SainT Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Spock wrote:why dont you actually treat new players like people and not business assets or statistics

Get to know them, become friends, play other games with them, and they'll be more than happy to play some css soccer. Don't just throw them into a pug where they'll have no one to trust and no one to turn to when they fuck up. Plus, this way, you'll have a good idea if this person's a reasonable addition to the league instead of another fuck up that no one likes.

I agree Spock, but that seems like its to hard for some people to do.

SainT
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:40 pm

there are some people u dont wana play games with though. can u really imagine urself playing like cod with furtif
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:46 pm

We've been down this road many times before. All these ideas have been said before and tried. New games come out, which equals less people playing older games like cs:s. It's a dying game, and with a new counter strike announced, it's going to keep dying.

Only possible way to get new people is to be inviting and helpful. Two things which this "community" has struggled with for years now.

Notice the word community. Would you consider this league a community? At times, yes. But those instances are pretty few and far between.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:29 am

im new to the psl (css soccer), couple months, i was found in the ng server. i think that the ng server is where its gunna be at as far as new recruits, just gota invite the people in there..

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:21 am

scop3r wrote:
Notice the word community. Would you consider this league a community? At times, yes. But those instances are pretty few and far between.

Nah, i consider us mostly as "friends" that just like to play with one another now and again. I havent considered us a community since S3 of the SSL.... actually probably pre-season 1 of the SSL

As far as recruiting goes..... good luck lol

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:21 pm

well what is a community to you?

I think we are cuz we all are pretty much friends with each other and we usually do get along besides some annoying times. And tbh that, in my mind, is what a community is, when a group of people like to "hang out" and play a game that everyone likes and respect each others differences to benefit the game.

And really, no one really fights anymore. Mostly cuz we don't have people who talk down upon to other people besides me sometimes. BUT THATS ONLY CUZ SOMETIMES PEOPLE DONT LOOK BEFORE THEY PASS AND IT HIT OFF THE WALL!

Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:38 am

lol

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:33 am

I don't see the logic in having this conversation over and over again, especially this late in the game. Scoper mentioned it, css is dying and especially all the little niche gametypes within it.

Enjoy the pugs while they last, I'd be just as shocked to see a wave of new players as I would be to see anybody follow the advice they're giving in this thread.

pessimism ftw.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next