LO Meeting Results - 2/1

LOs Attended
Dill
Fatal
Michael V
Panda
Stinger
Warcat

First off I'd like to welcome the 2 new LO's (Fatal and Mike V).

1. New Map: Since the update, mapping a working ball has become an issue. Because of this, a new map any time soon does not look likely. We need to talk with Spock about the issues.
2. !RQ has been fixed in the NBS server.
3. AFK Captain/New AFK Timer: There is a new protocol for AFK captains and players when a sub is not in the server. If a captain or player goes AFK without a sub in the server, call !nosubafk. If this 5 minute timer elapses, the player or captain can be banned and the pug can end.
4. Captain Subbing: If a captain subs before picking a team, they are ineligible to re-sub in that match.
5. Kickoff Timer: MATCHES: The only time players may cross the midfield line is if the ball is
kicked off or if 15 seconds elapses (4:45 on the round clock). PUGS: The only time players may cross the midfield line is if the ball is
kicked off or if 30 seconds elapses (4:30 on the round clock).
6. Pug Starts: The pug start timer is changing from 30 seconds to 1 minute. The pre-pug timer (Pug starting in..) is being extended to 25 seconds. Teams now have an extra 30 second !to at the beginning kickoff (0:00). It is removed if it is not used.
7. Expanding/Recruiting: The LOs are going to look to other CSS communities to expand. For the time being, stay active in NG and add interested players to Steam to invite them for pugs.
8. Video tutorials are coming.
9. Pug Demos: We are going to go back to recording demos of every pug. If you witnessed or were a part of a great play, post it [Only admins are allowed to see this link].
10. Stalling / Time Wasting: There is a new time wasting rule. In a match, 2 or more players can NOT block the ball with the intent to stall time. Also, a player is not allowed to stand on the ball with the intent to waste time.
11. Punishments: Punishments for breaking league rules will be either match or pug based. Match punishments will be determined in match suspensions; pug punishments will be bans.
12. Zero Tolerance Sportsmanship Rule: The LOs have noticed a rise in bashing on new players for simply not being as adept as the "vets". This discourages new players and backpedals the league's expansion. Instead of being negative, try and offer help or tips to those that are new. We were all there once, so there's no need for the hate. Admins will have full discretion of punishment based on the situation. The LOs will then vote on whether the punishment is sufficient. However, the first offense at minimum is a week mute and 24 hour ban. Each progressive offense minimum is doubled in severity (2nd: 2 week mute, 48 hour ban, 3rd: 4 week mute, 96 hour ban). Although it seems harsh, bashing players does far more harm to the community than removing individual bad plums.
13. Furtif has been voted to be unbanned.

Season 4

- draft season
- 4 core captains per team (1 team captain, 3 match captains)
- 2 rounds
- 10-12 roster max (undecided)
- goal to start Season 4 by the end of February

In the coming weeks the LOs will be deciding and posting about the upcoming PSL season. So far this is the basic outline of how Season 4 will look. Keep checking the forums for updates.
panda
panda
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by Stinger on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:18 am

Thanks to all LOs who participated in the meeting.

Just for further info on the PSL punishments, my pug server will reflect any punishments given in the PSL server, with the potential to be an even higher punishment if I feel its necessary. My server will not become a safe haven so don't expect it to be.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:13 am

Just to elaborate a bit on a few things:

***General leaving:*** REMEMBER - if you leave the game when there is no sub, you will be automatically banned for 24 hours. Say Herpy McDerp leaves for 2 seconds with no sub currently in the server, and immediately after Derpy McHerp joins. Herpy McDerp will be banned for that. There is a zero tolerance policy for leaving a pug with no sub.

***Subbing - NEW PROCEDURE:*** When you make a substitution, you must WAIT until the sub joins your team before you leave the server. Too often someone will just say "sub" and leave when there is a afk sub waiting in the server for the next pug to start. It is the player's responsibility who needs to leave to get an active sub to join the team BEFORE they leave the server.

Expanding/Recruiting: Typically when a PUG is about to start, we gather in the NBS or PSL server. Based of Michael V's suggestion, we would like for everyone to gather in the NG server instead while gathering 12 to start a pug. This way we can interact with the NG players and invite them along to pug. When we get 12 in the NG server, then we can move on over to NBS or PSL. If we do this enough times, the players from NG will want to participate as well. This is how all the veterans started the league and we think this is the best way to get new players into the league. Yeah they might have the potential to be terrible at first, but seriously...every single one of us was terrible at first. The difference will be how well you teach them and well you TREAT them. Respect can go along way in keeping new members around. Panda's tutorial videos should greatly help. Smile

Kickoff Timer: It is legal to steal the kickoff after 30 seconds in a pug and after 15 seconds in a match. If necessary, (i.e. your kick off gets stolen due to an AFK) call a !to.

Pug Starts: This is just a clarification in general. If you leave with no sub in the server after the pug start timer loads up the next pug, you will be automatically banned for 24 hours. So make sure you are out of the server before that 25 second timer has elapsed if you don't intend to pug again! Or just make sure you have someone to take your place before you leave.

Stalling/Time Wasting: It is perfectly legal for 1 person to body block someone from the ball while it's in the corner. Just 2 players can't do it and that 1 person can't jump on top of the ball is all. Otherwise, it's a great tactic to try if you need to hold a lead at the end of a game.

Some rules may seem harsh, but remember it's 1 person's time v. the time of 11 other players. There has to be a cutoff and this is what was decided upon. Ultimately it will be fore the better and we don't foresee there being any major issues with the new/updated guidelines. Just be aware of them and everything should be fine! Smile

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by meh on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:14 pm

Well since it's a draft season it looks like I won't be fronting the development team :/

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:30 pm

meh wrote:Well since it's a draft season it looks like I won't be fronting the development team :/

I did bring this up in the meeting, however we felt you could do the same with a draft team. You said you wanted 4 or so good players, which you can have through the core system, and then a bunch of new players, which you can just draft them as well. If you can provide a different reason why drafting your team won't work ill make another LO vote for it.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by meh on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:38 pm

Stinger wrote:
meh wrote:Well since it's a draft season it looks like I won't be fronting the development team :/

I did bring this up in the meeting, however we felt you could do the same with a draft team. You said you wanted 4 or so good players, which you can have through the core system, and then a bunch of new players, which you can just draft them as well. If you can provide a different reason why drafting your team won't work ill make another LO vote for it.

What I would like to do is have the LO's create a list of who is "new" or underdeveloped and make sure they end up on my team. But with that I want to be able to pick 2 top tier defenders and 1 top tier goalie. The purpose of this is that I don't want my team to get blown out every match because it would just discourage the new players.

My hope is not just to ease them into the league and provide a more enjoyable atmosphere but also to teach them how to play the game as a team with lots of playmaking and support.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Why dont u just get those 3 to be ur match captains. Also im sure you could just draft the new players because realistically the newer players would get picked last anyways. Creating a list of new players would have to wait until we have sign ups for the draft but im sure most people could tell you who is new. Also instead of being "new" you could also get players from last season that werent given the chance to play alot.

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:57 pm

I think new people should be the captains this season tbh.. Really the only way I'll participate. Guess i'll still help out. /derp

New People for Captains , press f10.

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:59 pm

Wait so the only way you'll participate is if we get all the captain to be new players? And you don't see how that could go wrong?
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Something will always go wrong big guy, lol.

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael V on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:31 pm

New people wouldn't know who to pick. And that's the biggest thing that could go wrong
Michael V
Michael V
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

https://www.youtube.com/user/mikey9890

Back to top Go down

Post by Quick on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm new, but I do agree with mike v and warcat. Well, i'm not THAT new, but I haven't been around as frequent and as long as most. The teams would probably be terribly stacked and make the whole season completely frustrating and generally not fun.

I would much rather have my team captain know who they are picking so I don't end up being the "vet" on my team.... That would be bad...

Also::::

12. Zero Tolerance Sportsmanship Rule: The LOs have noticed a rise in bashing on new players for simply not being as adept as the "vets". This discourages new players and backpedals the league's expansion. Instead of being negative, try and offer help or tips to those that are new. We were all there once, so there's no need for the hate. Admins will have full discretion of punishment based on the situation. The LOs will then vote on whether the punishment is sufficient. However, the first offense at minimum is a week mute and 24 hour ban. Each progressive offense minimum is doubled in severity (2nd: 2 week mute, 48 hour ban, 3rd: 4 week mute, 96 hour ban). Although it seems harsh, bashing players does far more harm to the community than removing individual bad plums.

May I just be the first to say: F`in AWESOME!

Quick
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 2 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by meh on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:51 pm

Quick wrote:I'm new, but I do agree with mike v and warcat. Well, i'm not THAT new, but I haven't been around as frequent and as long as most. The teams would probably be terribly stacked and make the whole season completely frustrating and generally not fun.

I would much rather have my team captain know who they are picking so I don't end up being the "vet" on my team.... That would be bad...

The solution is more or less that I am taking all of the rookie players under my wing and creating a less stressful environment for them. This way the new players will develop their skills and get some experience under their belt. We won't win to many (if any) matches but we won't get blown out either.

All of the vets can do their own thing and try to put together the best team they can. But there's no shame in being on my team, we'll just be alot more laid back then the others which I'm sure many people would prefer.

On another note...

I think it's a fucking stupid idea to allow 3 captains per team. It should be limited to 2. There is no logic behind having 3 and there is to much potential to stack teams which is what having a draft season is supposed to prevent. I'm sure many people would agree with me.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:57 pm

meh wrote:On another note...

I think it's a fucking stupid idea to allow 3 captains per team. It should be limited to 2. There is no logic behind having 3 and there is to much potential to stack teams which is what having a draft season is supposed to prevent. I'm sure everybody except stinger/lone/kc agree with me.

The reasoning used in the meeting for this was because we felt itd limit forfiets. We said that with 4 player cores, you really only need 2 other dedicated players to show up and you won't forfiet (assuming the core is dedicated, which they should be). To put this all on me / lone / KC is pretty unfair, considering it wasn't even our idea. And if all we cared about was being on the same team, I doubt we'd be having a draft. Keep in mind people didn't like the idea of even having 2 captains last season, but that worked out fine too.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by SainT on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:01 pm

meh wrote:

On another note...

I think it's a fucking stupid idea to allow 3 captains per team. It should be limited to 2. There is no logic behind having 3 and there is to much potential to stack teams which is what having a draft season is supposed to prevent. I'm sure many people would agree with me.

Oh I was just going to post something about this. If teams are going to start with 4 players theres no point in having a draft. 1 captain per team maybe 2 if you can't live with that then don't have a draft.

SainT
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by meh on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Welp sorry for singling you guys out then but that's pretty much how it looks. I'll shutup since the LO's already voted on it but I still think it's horseshit.

EDIT: If the purpose of the 4 player core is to prevent forfeits then put rules in place so that each 4 player core must include 2 tier 1 players and 2 tier 2 players. This should help prevent stacking. If this wasn't a draft it wouldn't be an issue but since it is I think this should be addressed.

Last edited by meh on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:05 pm

2 players is what we did last season.. last season was terrible. Way too many forfiets, and it ended up being a couple times being overpowered anyways.

If it turns out to be too much of a skill difference between the 4 player cores, we have reserved the right to change the draft order accordingly - but I still think 4 player cores helps minimize forfiets.

Last edited by Stinger on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Quick on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:06 pm

I also agree with this. If it is draft there should just be 1 person captain and not start with a number of players. This does seem to take the fun out of draft mode.

Quick
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:07 pm

meh wrote:EDIT: If the purpose of the 4 player core is to prevent forfeits then put rules in place so that each 4 player core must include 2 tier 1 players and 2 tier 2 players. This should help prevent stacking. If this wasn't a draft it wouldn't be an issue but since it is I think this should be addressed.

Posted in LO forum.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Quick on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:18 pm

That makes it seem a bit more reasonable. Of course, as a baddie, I like the idea of amazing teams adding bad players also Smile

Quick
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:20 pm

The Zero Tolerance rule is Bullshit....Most of the time these "new guys" are put in a position they don't want to play (usually defence) and since they arent in a spot they want, they don't bother playing properly....

I know damn well this rule is directed towards me, but come the fuck on, veteran or not, PLAY THE FUCKING POSITION YOU ARE GIVEN WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT...
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Quick on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Or sometimes we do play the position to the best of our ability. I happen to really like playing defense but it doesn't stop you from bitching about a persons lack of skill. I think the rule is amazing and needs to be in place. If I actually gave a shit what you thought about me, I might have stopped playing after running into you on the field. A younger person probably would. This rule is amazing for trying to grow the league in a positive way.

Quick
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:10 pm

TBH I like the 4 capt idea, it's the middle ground between draft and reg. I don't get why people dont like it =\ Never know untill we try it so, don't bash it just yet, give it a chance..

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by m1tch on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Theres no fucking point other than to stack your team. Just because now you have 4 fucking people on your team that are captains doesen't make them want to play any more than they did last season. Your just agreeing with whoevers idea this was just so you can stack your fucking team like every other season and get another online soccer win on your belt.

Heres my early Congratulations on winning Season 4 PSL "Draft" Online Source Soccer
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:58 pm

Stacked? It shouldnt be that difficult to put up another 4 player core that will be good competition... me and Stinger on the same team last season obviously didnt stack the team, did it? It's funny that you think of yourselves as so bad that us on the same team means it's stacked. pig
LoneWolf
LoneWolf
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 15 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: