LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by SainT on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:00 pm

I don't know when the next LO meeting is but rescheduling needs to be at the top of the list for things to be discussed if the format for the schedule stays the same as its been.

SainT
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 56

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by Spero on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:01 pm

last season everyone thought that stinger and lone would basicly win it ez, but Mk lost like 4 or 5 out of the first 6 games i think?

CMON, THEY HAD BJ, SHAGGY, COSMO, WHATS SO DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS UPCOMING SEASON VS LAST SEASON?

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 194

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by SainT on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:06 pm

Spero wrote:last season everyone thought that stinger and lone would basicly win it ez, but Mk lost like 4 or 5 out of the first 6 games i think?

CMON, THEY HAD BJ, SHAGGY, COSMO, WHATS SO DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS UPCOMING SEASON VS LAST SEASON?

Everyone thought they were going to win it easy by picking the two most inactive players going into the draft?

SainT
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 56

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by meh on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:10 pm

LoneWolf wrote:Stacked? It shouldnt be that difficult to put up another 4 player core that will be good competition... me and Stinger on the same team last season obviously didnt stack the team, did it? It's funny that you think of yourselves as so bad that us on the same team means it's stacked. pig

The argument isn't that you will automatically win it, I disagree with Mitch on that. It's simply that you 3 are of the top 11 or so players in the league. Even though there are other players on your level and they can stack a team in the same way you do, it then becomes a 2 or 3 team season and nobody else has a shot at competing.

I don't have a problem with you guys wanting to play together but the fact is the league voted for a draft season to avoid exactly this type of thing.

I think the best solution is the 2 tier1 limit in the 4 player core.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)
Posts : 287

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by m1tch on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:10 pm

lol? now they have kc/lone/stinger best offense in the league AND the best goalie in the league.
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 248

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by Stinger on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:12 pm

m1tch wrote:Theres no fucking point other than to stack your team. Just because now you have 4 fucking people on your team that are captains doesen't make them want to play any more than they did last season. Your just agreeing with whoevers idea this was just so you can stack your fucking team like every other season and get another online soccer win on your belt.

Heres my early Congratulations on winning Season 4 PSL "Draft" Online Source Soccer

Doesn't really make sense why we would want a draft season at all then as its a lot easier to stack a team without it. And since theres only 1 core signed up, ill assume you are talking to us soo.. Instead of complaining that we 'stack' how about you pug more then once a week, and not laugh at everytime I schedule team practices? Maybe if you fixed those 2 things you could win a season too. I don't know about other good players, but it took me 5 years of playing to get this good, if you care to be good, just practice.

Keep in mind at best all you can say is we have a stacked 4-player-core, not a stacked team since we purposely reserved the picking order so we can divide the skill between the teams.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by LoneWolf on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:18 pm

There is still enough players on our level to create a few more 4 player cores that can compete then. And the draft will limit us more than the other teams so it should be more balanced then people seem to think.
LoneWolf
LoneWolf
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 15 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 226

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by meh on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:23 pm

LoneWolf wrote:There is still enough players on our level to create a few more 4 player cores that can compete then. And the draft will limit us more than the other teams so it should be more balanced then people seem to think.

Honestly I think that's where you are wrong. Not only are there not enough players on your level but not all of them want to start a team. Furthermore some of them just want to be on your team (no names)

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)
Posts : 287

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by SainT on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:10 pm

So would an LO like to give some good reasons for having a draft with 4 captains instead of just doing a regular season?

SainT
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 56

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by Stinger on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Well my personal reasons is that a 4 captain draft season would still be more fair and helps new people get involved.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by meh on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Stinger wrote:Well my personal reasons is that a 4 captain draft season would still be more fair and helps new people get involved.

I think that's a reasonable viewpoint however the fact is that people voted for a draft season. It's either one or the other, not something in between. You can still play with who you want if you are a captain but you can't play with EVERYBODY that you want. 4 is just to high a number if it allows for the best players in the league to all captain one team.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)
Posts : 287

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by Spero on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm

meh wrote:
Stinger wrote:Well my personal reasons is that a 4 captain draft season would still be more fair and helps new people get involved.

I think that's a reasonable viewpoint however the fact is that people voted for a draft season. It's either one or the other, not something in between. You can still play with who you want if you are a captain but you can't play with EVERYBODY that you want. 4 is just to high a number if it allows for the best players in the league to all captain one team.

Most everyone did vote draft, but a decent amount voted for reg too.. And it was a pretty popular idea that BJ had a couple weeks ago about having 4 caps to improve the amount of people not showing up for games, i think that LZR is gunna be a challege, sure, but so what? ITS 4 PLAYERS, there is no disadvantage there imo, u can form a team of 4 too. Its not all about who is the best group of individuals, its all about the best teamwork.

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 194

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by panda on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:00 am

SainT wrote:So would an LO like to give some good reasons for having a draft with 4 captains instead of just doing a regular season?

I think having a reg season now would probably be one of the WORST moves our league could make. Are we forgetting SvP vs. GGA every season they played (no really, every.. single.. one..)? A draft prevents, in the most "fair" way we have, stacked teams. A reg season without restriction creates SvP vs. GGA. That's how open competition works. A reg season with restriction is too complicated. What do you restrict? Say teams have to have a certain number of Tier 2 players or new players? Then what happens when the already stacked teams recruit the best of those categories?

Stinger/Lone/KC/Loading does look bad. Unstoppable? Not even if they all showed up. Guaranteed to win? Pffffffffffffffffffffffft. A team you're gonna want to prepare for if you face? Sure. Remember that a core (or captains for that matter) is a core, and a team is a team. Apples to oranges. That being said, I agree with Meh on his suggestion of 2 Tier 1 / 2 Tier 2.

Also, having 1 or 2 captains? Like last season? Really? You all must have caught amnesia. Not too many people felt commitment to a team of random people. It's like saying you're committed to your pug team; it could happen (luck of picks) but after playing 5 years I'd say it's rare. Having a core group of people that actually like each other and play well together is important. It's important on a team level, in that teams will have a strong backing to start out with and core players can team up to help out new players. It's also important on a league level, in that players will feel commitment towards a Counter-Strike: Source soccer team and hopefully in return forums will be more active and the league can expand (I'm almost positive these are good things). Also, you want to limit the draft pool as much as possible in my opinion. This lowers the risk of ending up with a team full of players that will never work as a team.
panda
panda
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 580

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by meh on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:13 am

The voice of reason has spoken. PANDAR for president.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)
Posts : 287

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by Dill on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:11 am

Am I the only one that see's LZR and thinks to myself, "Man, I can't wait to form a team and try to compete with these guys?" Seriously, all I've read is complaints regarding LZR being stacked. Are they stacked? Absolutely. But is that a bad thing? Absolutely not - at least in my mind. I see that as a challenge and I look forward to trying to overcome that challenge.

Ultimately I'm open to suggestions. Whatever makes the majority of the players in the league happy is what is best for the league. I'm very against a regular season and I really didn't feel any commitment or dedication when participating in the draft season. My attitude towards the entire season was pretty much "Did my team just win that match? Nope, who cares. Did my team just win that next match? Yup, who cares." However, this mixed season seems like it could be fun if we get the cores to actually form like I mentioned in my post responding to BJ's initial idea. But again, what the majority want I think will ultimately be the best.

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 747

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by m1tch on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:37 pm

the problem with your opinion dill is that your gonna get really good people too and this will turn out to be another 2 or 3 team season
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 248

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by SainT on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:17 pm

First off somehow this has turned into whether LZR is stacked or not, I could care less if teams get stacked it happens every season anyways and thats not going to change.

Second I fail to see how the teams are going to be much different with a 4 captain draft vs. a regular season. So far theres 2 teams OP and LZR. I could be wrong about this but I see 2 other teams forming, SvP with Dill, Panda, BJ, and maybe Church and One with some mixture of Shadow, Cueball, Mitch, Tactics, Spock, and Face.

Now we head to the draft were teams are going to pick up atleast one person if not more people that they would have ask to join their team if we just did a regular season. So now you have 5-7 people on your team that you would of had anyways. If rescheduling stays the same as last season we already know what a team can do in order to play with the same 6-7 players every match.

Now on to new players. Who gives a fuck if LZR or whatever team has 1 or 2 new players there going to be lucky if they play in 2 matches all season if they even bother showing up after the first couple matches. If I was a new player I would rather be on meh's team then LZR atleast that way you get to play. The best team I played on was FN' with fig. Sure we sucked at the start of the season but we found a way to be competitive with every team in the league. Too bad that season got cut short.

Anyways I don't see how your going to have more than 2-3 maybe 4 teams that are competitive whether you do a regular season or 4 captain draft. Last season was as, if not more competitive than any season we've had before.

I guess thats it sorry for the long post.

SainT
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 56

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by Nad on Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Agree with Meh and Panda.

I also received some input from Arctic, who I asked if I were to pick him (if I were a captain) if he'd be willing. The response was pretty much what I expected.

Basically in a nut shell, he told me if he is not picked by LZR he will not play for any other team. I told him I'd pick him just to watch him go inactive. Why troll you ask? Because thats bullshit, he told me played for "glory." Let me get this straight. GLORY, on a CSS SOCCER game. GLORY. Just another round of bullshit, maybe I see the point in which he played with tactics last time. There is no reason for that attitude though, don't sign up then.

I believe the idea with 1 or 2 higher tier captains mesh with some new guys or lower tier players to form a team. There is no point to having a draft if you already have the players you want. The only reason the last season was "a little bit exciting" was the DRAFT. Sure there are going to be forfeits in every season, don't have enough players dedicated for it not to happen.

Don't feel like typing anymore. Kbai.

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 299

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by Furtif on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Dill wrote:Am I the only one that see's LZR and thinks to myself, "Man, I can't wait to form a team and try to compete with these guys?" Seriously, all I've read is complaints regarding LZR being stacked. Are they stacked? Absolutely. But is that a bad thing? Absolutely not - at least in my mind. I see that as a challenge and I look forward to trying to overcome that challenge.

~Dill



You guys may not care about this but, i remember in season 2, when i was in unique with tactics, skyrim and others. We weren't the best players or even "superstars" and i remember that we won agaisnt stingers stacked team i think it was legendz. That mean that good people is good people, but they dont make the team! and we won when i was on the field ( im bald ), so i beleive that if we made it, others can do it too.

Lonewolf : u can what you want if u beleive
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Award (Click to view)
Posts : 383

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by Forty on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:14 pm

Anybody can win at any time, any day, in anything, whether a bloody knife soccer game or the Super Bowl....

Even with that, the rare occasion it does happen, does not help the fact that there will always be 2 stacked teams (SvP & Stinger/Lone/KC's teams) while the other pretty much gotta fight for 3rd-6th....


atleast with the draft, shit is split up somewhat evenly (like 2-3 stars + 5-7 good/mediocre/bad people)...
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 464

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by meh on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:27 pm

I think it's really coming down to the competitive vs. those who just want to have a good time.

Those of us who share my mindset just want the games to be close and enjoyable and in the end really could care less if they win. Whereas the competitive such as KC and Stinger keep records of their wins/losses. There isn't anything wrong with this but it's a pretty clear division.

I could care less that either the Stinger/Lone/KC or SVP team will win the league. Because let's be honest they always do and this season probably won't be any different. I just don't want to get blown out 15 - 3 against them and find myself saying "wow that was bullshit".

I think it's already been said perfectly, why have a draft if a team can already have exactly who they want in their core?

VOTE YES for the 2/2 rule (2 tier 1 limit per core).

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)
Posts : 287

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by m1tch on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:55 pm

^ where do i vote at?
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 248

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by Bazooka Joe on Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:10 pm

Pretty brash assumption if u all think svp is coming back together

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)
Posts : 155

Back to top Go down

LO Meeting Results - 2/1 - Page 2 Empty Re: LO Meeting Results - 2/1

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum