North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NAD KNOWS; 1st Edition

+3
Pride
Dill
Nad
7 posters

Go down

NAD KNOWS; 1st Edition Empty NAD KNOWS; 1st Edition

Post by Nad Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Introduction

Hi guys and let me be the first to welcome you to the first edition of NAD KNOWS; a friendly and informative piece of writing to spark some interest, keep things interesting, and get opinions stirring. In this first edition I'm going to be really light on statistical information and give you more opinion than fact. The reason being is that season four is not underway yet, teams have yet to be picked, and I really want to give some input on a few things. However, first we will be reviewing a little bit of league history and it's evolution, throw in some rankings for the upcoming draft, and much, much, more!

Disclaimer: Before reading, please do not take any of the following material offensive, this is strictly opinion based on pure nothing basically. Sure eventually we'll have stats and stuff which will make the writing a bit more 'efficient' or 'effective', but opinion is opinion. If you don't like it create your own, refrain from the slander.

NAD KNOWS; 1st Edition Cnh6z14

Jottin' Down Thoughts

As I sit here at 6:32 A.M. typing this write-up, several thoughts are running through my mind. I can't really put my finger on each individual thought, but the one that has been pacing back and forth is our history together. Some of us in this community have been playing this game for over 6 years now. The years have flown by, we've met friends, we've made enemies. Overall, we've had good times together and ran into good people. We flock together to different games, mods, and other e-communities. As for groups of people are made in real life, the same is done in our community. SvP guys, the DooM folk, and former GGA's stand out in our past as in we usually refer to these people through these categories.

We've created something truly special, certain individuals have made it possible, but we as a community have made it happen. I hate to keep putting emphasis on the 'we' but we've watched communities collapse, we've reformed our own community, and we're still kicking (or knifing in our case).

Our soccer community and game is one of the MOST unique, if not the MOST unique, gaming communities in the gaming world. Our tenure together, simply unheard of. Each individual position must be played to a key for a team be truly successful. Chemistry develops amongst certain players, an innate ability to know what the other player is thinking. It reminds you of sports in your high school days or simply playing with someone you know really well. It just happens. I'm really speechless when I talk about this stuff due to the fact that it is simply amazing what we've done. Players develop and team bonds form, rather it be slow or fast, players get hooked; like we all did when we were in dYn, knifing each other and learning what the fuck a 180 was.

Which leads me to my next point. We used to say 'ns'/ 'np'/ 'nb' to every play, now those routine plays are done in our sleep. Epic pug plays from back in the day consisted of a shot from mid-field, deflect goals, panshots, and if you were lucky an air 180 (considering ground 180s were impossible). Now-a-days, that damn shot better go upper 90, have 2 cheeky dribbles, 7 crazy passes, or be block that makes everyone in the server stop or you're not getting an !epp. The way in which we have evolved is mind-blowing. You could take a new player now, I'll cite ChickenWaffles, give him a time machine and throw him on defense in 2008. Wallah, he's by far one of the best or the best defenders in that league. Furtif could be cited as an example on offense; however their development is only due to our evolution. You learn this game from watching and consistently playing, its quite clear.

I said it once and I'll say it again, we play the MOST unique game in one of the MOST unique communities ever. I must say, I've had my times where I'm so frustrated at this game, but never have I regretted playing with you fellas. I've known you all for so long, I've gotten to know many of you, and we've all had our conflicts. It's great though, this league will always be set in my heart, we did something truly great guys. Let's continue with the tradition in season 4.

Mock Draft (First 3 Rounds) / In-Depth

These are my predicted picks (1-48) with reasons why I think this player is headed where he is. Each team will be color coded as follows: OP, Pink; Next Ones, Red; Rare, Blue; The Billigans, Orange; hB, Black; and LZR, Green.

I will also label each players Activity, Attitude, Skill, and overall Value to a team. This will be done beside the player in a (1 to 5) fashion, 5 being the highest one can receive. These will also be coded, but with smiley faces instead. They are as following:
[Activity ] , [Attitude ], [Skill ], [Value ]
1. Saint [3 study ] , [5 I love you ], [4 Basketball ], [5 What a Face ]
- Saint will go number one because he was originally part of OP and wanted to help out with the developmental team. I believe this is a good fit due to Saint's personality and skill, while wanting to help!
2. Warcat [5 study ] , [5 I love you ], [4 Basketball ], [5 What a Face ]
- I believe Warcat will come off the board at number 2. My reasoning? I love Warcats ability to see the field while on the defensive and offensive side of the field. Hes a solid defender and is very active. He's a pretty cool guy as well someone who can mesh with any team too! While passing up loading will be tough, I believe that next ones will rely on spock as a goalie in later rounds. Assuming that they will be able to pull that pick off!

3. Archvile [4 study ] , [5 I love you ], [4 Basketball ], [5 What a Face ]
- Rares captain trio consisting of KC, Fatal, and Face Melter. Screams at you that if Arch is still available hes probably going to Rare. However, Face Melter will be the only one picking on draft day and maybe that will change things. I doubt it though, Arch at number 3 is a prominent pick and I think we all overlook how Arch is actually one of the best utility players, not just a top 3 goalkeeper. Along with his consistency, he gets another 5 on my value chart.
4. Loading [4 study ] , [4 I love you ], [5 Basketball ], [4 What a Face ]
- For my pick I'm going to try and think like Kro and Joe. If Loading is still sitting around at 4, I don't think you can simply not take him. Assuming that I and Kro want to play offense and we want to get Joe out of net. Loading is the best 'reaction' goalie in the league and is the most consistent keeper the leagues ever witnessed. Loading can also get out in the field and keep a team level.
5. Tyler (Hova) [5 study ] , [5 I love you ], [4 Basketball ], [5 What a Face ]
- I love Tyler as a player, even though he is from Maine. Which brings me to my next point, the latency issue. Other than that, Tyler is easily the most consistent and best defender in this draft. While looking at hB's picks, they need to base their picks off defense in order to get a good solid core group in that backfield. Tyler pugs a lot so lets hope he shows to matches and performs well for whatever team he ends up on.
6. Candyman [4 study ] , [4 I love you ], [4 Basketball ], [4 What a Face ]
- Originally at #6, LZR's pick, I was thinking Cosmo. Due to recent conflicts, i'm going with Candyman. LZR is another team that really needs to fluff their backfield due to Stinger and Lone being the two headed monster on offense. Candy has the ability to shutdown players, pass the ball well. Though lately inconsistency has been a problem for this fellow.
7. Arctic [4 study ] , [2 I love you ], [4 Basketball ], [3 What a Face ]
- Heres where it gets tough. This is where I assume Arc goes due to the friendship between him and his old teammates. A good chemistry fit as well as adding another utility player to help clean up any position. I see Arctic being a role-player and playing all sorts of position this season. His value rating is the lowest so far this early, only due to the fact that that his attitude sometimes is very poor. Very easily flustered, hopefully this may change during the season.
8. Panda [4 study ] , [5 I love you ], [4 Basketball ], [4 What a Face ]
- With the SvP guys next pick, the pick is obvious. Panda to fill in the center spot and complete that team chemistry. He is a value to his team because hes been playing with them so long. The only thing I fear after doing such a great job in the pre-season is becoming inactive.
9. ThatGuy [3 study ] , [3 I love you ], [5 Basketball ], [4 What a Face ]
- For the Mt.Gay-Shamrock Billigans second pick in the draft, I think Kro will want to go with another solid player who can play on both sides of the ball. Guy however tends to use no sound and talk on his mic, so communication is futile. Nonetheless, he wasn't referred to as the prodigy for no reason, instantly good player for his unique style of defense and his domination on the walls.
10. Cosmo [4 study ] , [2 I love you ], [4 Basketball ], [4 What a Face ]
- This is a tough pick in my mind. Its about a toss up of 3 players. However, I went with cosmo because hes pretty big offensive reliability while on defense. A. I like him to go 10th overall to KC, Fatal, and Face (keep in mind that face is picking). The only dislike about this player is that he kind of self-destructs and if not put with the right players you're going to get some likely rage.
11. Spock [2 study ] , [4 I love you ], [4 Basketball ], [5 What a Face ]
- I am seriously thinking that this is where the Next Ones nab their goal keeper. Spock, they rely on him to perform well in net day in and day out! He is a big part of their team chemistry therefore I'm going to get him a 5 on the value chart!
12. Dragon [5 study ] , [4 I love you ], [3 Basketball ], [4 What a Face ]
- Dragon comes off the board because hes on OP's roster. However, this will be the 4th best player on this roster and if they have a really strong lineup with the core group and this guy in it. Don't think for them not to be a spoiler in the season! P.S. I always see this guy online, 24/7 - a 'good sign'!
13. Alex [4 study ] , [5❤ ], [2 Basketball ], [3 What a Face ]
- Another instance of an OP pick because he is on their roster. I've saw him play a few pugs and I believe hes been around for a while now. Solid pick for the developmental team.
14. Virus [5 study ] , [3 I love you ], [4 Basketball ], [4 What a Face ]
- Virus comes in at 14 because if I'm Shadow, Cue, and Tact I want someone who can come in and be a back up center behind shadow and who can play the wing solidly. He fits in there due to his ability pass and play a unique style. However, I see a problem forming if this happens. I don't think this is where Virus wants to be (playing defense) if he has to.
15. Free [3 study ] , [5 I love you ], [4 Basketball ], [3 What a Face ]
- Free is a good solid and all-around player, but is best in the net. Assuming that Arch is on Rare this may free up Arch and allow him to play in the field. Same goes with free, vice-versa. It should be interesting from this point on.
16. Scop3r [3 study ] , [4 I love you ], [4 Basketball ], [4 What a Face ]
- With the people that they have, another good utility player may help the team. I assume this is where scop3r goes if he hasn't came off the board beforehand. A solid and cheeky passer in the midfield and can play a different style of goal. Only problem may be his activity as some points.
17. Forty[4 study ] , [2 I love you ], [3 Basketball ], [4 What a Face ]
- The Honey Badgers are still looking for a solid active goal keeper at this point in the draft. This is when Forty comes in to play. Lets all remind ourselves that Forty is an all-star goalkeeper and played for SvP in the past. If he shows up to matches and watches how much he rages (2 for attitude), he can be the best goal keeper in the league with the defense he'll have defending his net. I love Forty as a keeper when he is on his game!
18. Spero [5 study ] , [5 I love you ], [3 Basketball ], [3 What a Face ]
- This player uses the wall way too much at times. But I see him online practicing all the time! Therefore I think Stinger uses him as a reliability to show up to matches and be his counter-part on wing or a solid defender if needed. If Stinger can teach him the ways I believe this is a good chemistry fit and eventually an extremely great player!

Other players expected to come off the board soon after the 3rd round: Snuffy, Balls, Furtif, ChickenWaffles, Ibracadabra, Jurik, Donuts, Delta, and Mr.TheSandMan

My Take Away

This is where I really want to express my disappointment. This league probably grew more this season than it ever has. We have skins again, good scripts, and a really well managed league. We still lack a proper website and all the essentials we need. More pug servers are popping up every day. This helps the league expansion as we pull people from public servers. I applaud Harold, Michael, and Lucky for stepping up and being role-models for the new players and hopefully they become part of our community.

My anger to be expressed is towards the veterans that didn't sign up. I won't call off names, however, I think we could have had a 7th team (might I say for the first time ever). With the amount of people I watched not sign up and the new people flowing in and still signing up. Sure they will still be in waivers and be able to be picked up. This is where you need to play the game and watch it grow. Shame on you active players who decided not to want to participate.

On the other side of the fence, let's rock. Panda has done an amazing job with the skins and the scripts. Stinger has held this ship up for as long as anybody ever has in the league. The league officials are meeting weekly and most of them are doing their part! I love it, everything is clicking. A big shout-out to you guys and we're all glad to have you as leaders.

----------------

Stay tuned for my next edition, which will be soon after the draft. For now, this is Nad, enjoy!

Last edited by Nad on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated some fixes.)

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

NAD KNOWS; 1st Edition Empty Re: NAD KNOWS; 1st Edition

Post by Dill Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:44 pm

Nad's Mock Draft (Rounds 1-3):

NAD KNOWS; 1st Edition Wtfyc2
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Saint [5 I love you ], [5 Basketball ]

Warcat [5 I love you ], [5 Basketball ]

Archvile [5 I love you ], [5 Basketball ]

Loading [5 I love you ], [5 Basketball ]

Hova [5 I love you ], [5 Basketball ]

Candyman [5 I love you ], [5 Basketball ]

Arctic [2 I love you ], [5 Basketball ]

Panda [5 I love you ], [4 Basketball ]

ThatGuy [2 I love you ], [4 Basketball ]

Cosmo [1 I love you ], [4 Basketball ]

Pride
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Furtif Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Cosmo [1 I love you ]
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arctic Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Good mock up, looks like you put a lot of thought into it so far, keep up the good work.
Arctic
Arctic
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

http://arctisch.com/scrubz/images/yourswf/forum/

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Great read nad!
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archvile Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:34 pm

Kissing up to get your attitude score changed I see... Razz
Archvile
Archvile
Site Regular
Site Regular

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arctic Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Nah I'm gonna rage at people unless its a match day, then I get serious, anyone that has played with me knows that : / Can't change who I am lol
Arctic
Arctic
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

http://arctisch.com/scrubz/images/yourswf/forum/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Appreciate the responses guys, much <3!

If I get some good responses out of these things it continues to make me want to write them! Draft day!

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down