North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Case in point

+11
Face Melter
Dill
Free
Spock
Church
Bazooka Joe
Nad
Furtif
Quick
Stinger
Omega
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Case in point - Page 2 Empty Re: Case in point

Post by Omega Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Yeah Face ur right Jews never complain about antisemitism... lol. Rolling Eyes
Omega
Omega
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Furtif Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:46 pm

TBH, i use the word nigger but i'm not racist, I had black friend before but my father sold them
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:48 pm

Nad you have specifically called me nigger in the past.. not recently but definitely targeted me.

I know for some people it's how they were raised and they mean nothing personally against me and I've shrugged off most of those comments (for a long time) but that doesn't make it any less insulting or acceptable.
I take issue when people spam it constantly, knowingly, irreverently just to be asshats and rub my face in it cause they can.

Flame on Furtif... flame on.

Last edited by Omega on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Omega
Omega
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:51 pm

Face I don't know if you're joking or not and this is some kind of inside joke with Omega, but that's exactly the kind of stuff that hurts the rest of the community. It may not matter to you, but it offends others.
Free
Free
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Melter Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:03 pm

He is one person, and if we are going to do a majority vote, he will lose, and if he can get rules changed/ added then ill start up a petition against the term "cracka". I hate being call "Wonder Bread", "Albino", "Blanco", "Wiggers" and such terms. They are very offensive and my people have ruled enough of the world and over most races to not stand this anymore.
Face Melter
Face Melter
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Face Melter wrote:He is one person, and if we are going to do a majority vote, he will lose, and if he can get rules changed/ added then ill start up a petition against the term "cracka". I hate being call "Wonder Bread", "Albino", "Blanco", "Wiggers" and such terms. They are very offensive and my people have ruled enough of the world and over most races to not stand this anymore.

I really wish people would take it seriously. A long-time vet of the community is offended and asked, quite politely, for justice. Not really the best time for jokes. Face, go read my post on how to stop the hate and see if you can contribute to anything.
Free
Free
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Face Melter Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:12 pm

If this was a serious issue, would he not of brought it up earlier? LIKE SRSLY?
Mb jurik's one use pretty much started it all clearly.
Digga please.
This issue is honestly pretty stupid and he wants justice? really? if so the psl court system will be willing to take all cases. Very Happy
Face Melter
Face Melter
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Face, I am one person but that does not mean I will be the only vote against racist comments... and you wouldn't need to start a petition against cracker, wonder bread... as it would be covered in the NO RACISM one I've been lobbying for for years. So I have brought it up earlier several times... have you not been reading or do you have selective amnesia?

(Ignoring the last part of your comment)
Omega
Omega
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:23 pm

Omega wrote:I told you about it... you left the server, I steam messaged you with the text of the occurence... you went offline, I posted in these forums which I rarely visit and still meet a wall.
If this is the pug I was thinking of, you had said to me in-game about there being an issue, I told you I didn't notice it, so you said you would message me it and I agreed that you should. After that, I left the pug because I had to go and left my computer. I'm not sure where this 'offline' thing comes into play, I'm not sure if when my screensaver or whatever goes on it does that or what, but either way when I returned I saw your message that just said the line from Jurik. But then you had already posted so I gave you my response on here.

I actually have nothing else to say to your post, its all stuff that I either shouldn't get involved with or don't feel comfortable getting involved with anymore.

SainT wrote:I think this thread needs a saint rant seems how you guys already went off topic.
No it doesn't.

SainT wrote:First I don't see how anyone has been targeting or has had it out for Stinger lately, maybe meh did and thats about it. Omega didn't come in here and target anyone, the only person's name he mentioned in his first post was jurik and that was from a quote of what jurik said in game. Never did he say anything to Stinger, he didn't have anything to say directly towards Stinger until Stinger got involved in the situation. Omega didn't like the reply he got and followed it up with another post that had some rage in it, but guess what Stinger then decides he will take up the issue with the other LO's. Was it so hard to do this the first time Omega ask the issue to be addressed? Its just like the thread with meh. It seems to me that the problem is that Stinger can't keep things simple and feels the need to make them more complicated.
First off I'd like to say this topic is completely different from then one from Mehs. I still have respect for Omega, and Id hope hed have some for me as well, so we definitely won't be seeing a huge flame war with no purpose. Second off, it is an LOs job to post when a player has an issue with the league, which is what my first post was all about. Perhaps I couldve said I would start the LO vote but I don't see how I'm at fault for not instantly taking the best path, especially since I still took what I / others would hopefully consider the 2nd best path (making a calm, explanatory post). It would be one thing if I took a completely terrible action. Either way, its actually not the post between the player complaining / the LOs that make it more complicated, its actually the players posting who are not involved at all - such as yourself.

SainT wrote:On to my other topic. I don't think it's fair to say that anyone is the best thing that has happen to this league. This league never would have got to where it is without all the people that have been involved throughout the years. And when I say league I don't mean just the PSL. If it wasn't for the SSL the PSL never would have happen and there were plenty of things that had to happen in order for the SSL to get started.

Anyways im not trying to say that what Stinger has done isn't great but he is just one of many.
The way I see it is that every decent LO from SSL S1 to now has done you guys a huge favor. We don't ask for money for what we do, we don't ask for a special immunity from rules, we don't ask for constant appreciation or recognition, shit we don't even ask for more respect. I'm not sure about other LOs, but I only do this to help out the league, that is my only intent. I am not in it for the power at all (regardless of what many of you think I'm sure). I guess what I'm trying to say is, if there is any feeling that the league would be better off without me as LO, or even just as good, PLEASE start a public poll. I have asked a few people what the true view of me is, and turns out most of the players have a problem with me (the proof lies with all of the people coming out of the woodworks the last few days). Whether these problems have legit reasons it does not matter, if the league gets any sort of boost from me stepping down, I'll gladly do so. Regardless of what happens, people do need to start at least treating LOs as equals to the players at minimum, as IMO we (or atleast me) don't even have that right now, which seems absurd to me.

Last edited by Stinger on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:55 pm

Well while I agree with most of your comments you do ask for money...you personally have asked me privately and there's even an advert on the servers.

I originally never meant a personal attack on you or a witch hunt... I wanted to see if any action would be taken if I followed the proper channels and (to no surprise) there wasn't.
Omega
Omega
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:02 pm

Donations are not for the work I do. They are to help me out to pay for the server. No matter how much work I do, I don't have an unlimited amount of money to spend on the servers.

As far as action being taken, you couldn't be more wrong. After LO vote, we have decided that racist terms are no longer accepted, whether directed at a player or not. There will be a mute given out for a players first use of any racist word, increasing by a week longer mute for every offense after it.

I have also setup a script that will block some of the more commonly used terms to try and protect those who say it accidentally, and just to prevent it as much as possible before it even happens.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by GhosT Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Nad wrote:fatal (if he is even african american), who knows.

he is, his last name is hood, that should tell you a bit about him
GhosT
GhosT
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Words are used to give definition to what you are thinking, if you believe nigger to be a racist word, then you must also believe the following words can also be equally racist/extremely disparaging or offensive: Jew, Irish, Asian, American, Spanish, French, Indian, Hawaiian, Brown, White, Black, Cavemen... I could go on...

Words are an expression of thought, and we all should have the freedom to think, and the ability to share our thoughts with one another. If you (omega) find a particular word to be offensive, then you can ask that word not to be used but you have to realize, it may not be seen as a racist word to some people. I can see any word having multiple definitions based on the tone and manner which it is used. Nigger can mean black-person/dark skinned/brother. But when Nigger is used for hatred or intolerance of another race, of course, it's wrong. Same thing with White or Irish or whatever. Nigger is ONE word, it's a word. There are people who are very hateful and do/did terrible things, but dont let that justify limiting what people can say..

Nigger was used to oppress a population of people. The word in my opinion for the most part has been taken from its orginal use and turned a form of rebellion/opposition against the orginal force.

to ban "racist words" to make it ban-able offense, you must realize that any word pertaning to the inherent differences among the various human races is ban-able. Do you realize how many words can be considerd ban-able? It's, excuse my french, Fucking dumb. (OP! sorry i said an extremely disparaging and offensive racist word, french, mb)

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spock Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Nad wrote:Theres a difference between saying the word and using the word. Stop being a bigot and talking about how offended you are. This has nothing to do with stinger.

I'm sorry but since this isn't dead and dusted yet I gotta respond to this bullshit right quick. There is absolutely no difference between using and saying the word, and you are the bigot for saying that there is. You cannot and will not ever understand the feeling of being called a nigger because there is no fucking word that could possibly be directed at you that would have any of the same historical significance. The sheer acceptance of the uttering of nigger shows just how morally mature of a human being you are, to perpetuate the culture of denial of opportunity (which by the way still hasn't fucking fully recovered yet) which has happened not only through the unfathomably inhumane slavery of Africans, but through the constant barrage of public opinion to their children and grandchildren. Fuck, it was only 60 years ago that black children could even learn in the same buildings as white children without fear of fucking adults verbally abusing or even physically assaulting them. Using that word in any context is of course OFFENSIVE.
Spock
Spock
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Furtif Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:40 pm

the worst thing in this topic is that omega was calling me a terrorist because i am a canadien, he was laughing hard at me and i think capsfan still have the demo. Ya this guy want respect but he can't respect other
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Its funny...there is no rule about racism, but calling another player shitty gets you a week mute and banned for 24 hours...

TBH, Racial slurs should be 2 week mute and 3 day ban at the minimum...
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by GhosT Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Forty wrote:Its funny...there is no rule about racism, but calling another player shitty gets you a week mute and banned for 24 hours...

TBH, Racial slurs should be 2 week mute and 3 day ban at the minimum...

i call everyone on my team shitty
GhosT
GhosT
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Thank you LO's... finally! This is much appreciated.

Stinger, part of what you do is pay for and run the servers and I would hope you would ask for donations for the voluntary work you or anyone else does.

I was not wrong, as at the time of my original post and many subsequent post no actions were taken nor any indication that any would be.

Spero, if you can't see recognize hate terms IDK what to say to you... your not dealing on the same plane of reality (which might not be a bad thing). Most of the terms you used were not racial terms nor derogatory, but were of nationality... so very different.

Furtif, yes I called Canadians terrorists in such a ridiculous, absurd and nonsensical way that I thought it was evident that I was joking. I've also said worse... that Australians were from "Da Debol"! If I truly offended you it was not my intent and I apologize sincerely. I actually admire Canadians and Aussies on many levels.. even thought about moving to Canada because of their politics, policies and attitudes. R-e-s-t-e-c-p!
Omega
Omega
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

Back to top Go down

Post by Furtif Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:02 pm

ya u better learn french dawg if u get in canada Wink
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Furtif wrote:TBH, i use the word nigger but i'm not racist, I had black friend before but my father sold them

LOL..

And no shit I called you a nigger in the past. I directed it straight towards you? You're right 5 years ago when I was 14 or something around it. Did I care? Not really, do I care now, I feel like its a rough thing to say now. But if I say it in general it shouldn't be taken offense to, if I accidently say nigger on my mic its going to happen. Who the fuck cares?

Anyways I don't give any shits about this argument, except for the fact that nothing should be taking out on Stinger at all. None of this is his fault, the server isn't his fault, nor is the damn OP situation. Theres my point, now stop being african americans.

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:19 pm

I'd still say you were wrong to call me out personally as a leader, my first post should not have made you say such a thing.

And I don't consider me buying the server as work done for the league. To me they are 2 completely different things.

All I can say is I how this rule is enforced constantly and fairly. Topic locked before any further pointless posts are made.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2