North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Status

+7
Pride
Forty
Balls&sniff
Stinger
Labarr
Furtif
scop3r
11 posters

Go down

League Status Empty League Status

Post by scop3r Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:21 am

Our server is gone, funding has finally come to an end. So there is nowhere to 6v6/football/play other mods at this point. Hopefully we can get that settled soon, but as for now there won't be anywhere to play other than the 4v4 servers or public servers.

But even if we did fund another 6v6 server, what exactly would it be used for? It seems that the "league" is done being a "league". The Season 7 signups thread is dead. Whether that be because nobody checks the forums and people just don't know about it, or that the community just isn't interested in continuing to play in a competitive league is up for debate. But it does put us in a strange position.

Do we just give up on the PSL altogether? Just having a 6v6 server is fine, but there won't be LO's to run it or keep it up to date, and you have to get people to chip in to pay for it. Do we go to 4v4? Smaller rosters, might get the 4v4 community involved too, you never know. Or do we move on to something else? Dill had the idea of a Mod league where you get a team and just compete across a wide variety of mods in a competitive atmosphere.

There's a lot to discuss, but not a lot of interest in discussing it. Take that as you want, but as of right now, the old SSL/PSL may have finally seen it's end after a very long history. If that's how it will be, it's been a good run.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

League Status Empty Re: League Status

Post by Furtif Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:09 am

Dont worry nig. It is only because its the end of college and people arent active or just dont have the time for that. After schools end, people will probaly sign up.

For the 6v6 server, me and snuffy can buy one cuz we beast and we fuck bitchesssss. But we will need panda or stinger to add psl server config, else we will have the normal soccer mod
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Labarr Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Basically what Furtif said, colleges start summer vacation around Mid-May and Highschool is Mid June.. So it might be better to wait for season 7 until then.

As far as the server, Im sure a few people would help pay for it. I can and will help out once I start working my 2 jobs over summer... I am also willing to buy a server if no one steps up. I just hope all the plugins and such were saved!!! Because it makes stuff alot easier.

Until anything happens, we do have 2 4v4 servers
Stoic's: 74.91.119.245:27015
Dannyboy's: 74.91.122.182:27015

We can maybe startup a 4v4 season instead??? There are many people that play 4v4 that people don't see in 6v6, and It should be easy to get a bunch of teams together
Labarr
Labarr
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:47 pm

Paid for another month of the server. My personal vote would be to wait and see if more people sign up, then go from there...
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Balls&sniff Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:22 pm

I agree with Stinger and Furtif, just wait for school to end cause im sure we lost a few people due to it, also im sure we will have people who can fund it, im willing to pitch in if needed. Also people are getting into different games but they will eventually want to play soccer again, just about everyone comes back eventually cause they miss it. And youre right, no one goes on the forums, even people who are required to Evil or Very Mad . So we should start msging people reminding them to sign up (stingers idea, not stealing it from you:P)
Balls&sniff
Balls&sniff
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 2 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:57 pm

I usually only play BF3/FIFA now adays...don't got time with gym and hockey and working
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:26 am

I'll be home around May 10~15. get ready homies. papa will be back

Pride
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChickenWaffles Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:38 pm

I usually only play RL now adays...don't have time with gym, tan, laundry, fcking bitches and getting money because we started from the bottom now the whole team here.

ChickenWaffles
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Archvile Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Multi-Mod Federation! MMF, M2F, M-Fed! We are a community dedicated to exploring the many different mods of Counter-Strike: Source. Through fun and competitive league play, members of the federation compete against each other in many different types of settings. Whether it be on the soccer field scoring the game winning goal or in a gladiator style arena dodging school buses sent from Hell, the excitement level will not falter! The rules will change from mod to mod and the skill sets will vary among players and teams, keeping the MMF a fast paced and highly energetic organization.

Hilarity will ensue. Tempers will flare. Rivalries will be made. Leaders will arise. And winners will be crowned.

This is the MMF.

Are you ready?

Seriously though, I think this a beast idea (Dill). Not only will it eliminate the monotomy of soccer, soccer, and more soccer every single week, but it will likely bring in interest from a lot more people who play other mods that could be included in this. And while someone may lose interest in playing soccer because they aren't as good as us players who have been playing for x amount of years, they may beast us at a different mod. So while it would be hard for them to get excited about an all soccer league, they would probably have more interest in a league that expands into their experience zone. There would be work in deciding what mods to include and making rules for them all, but I think it would be worth it. Perhaps expanding the LOs to bring in more ideas in the meetings and help spread the work load would be a good idea, if we want to do this. Maybe create a thread for mods that people would like to see be included. Vote on a number if we want to limit the amount of mods included. And then create a league wide vote on which ones to include.

I think buses from hell would be really cool if you could spawn one ct and one t up top. Eliminate the timer. And first team to lose all of their players on the ground loses. Do a best of x amount of rounds wins.

Others ideas:
Pirate Ships
Death Ball
Football
Volleyball
Water polo
Basketball
Hockey
Breakfloor
Gungame
Handball
Dodgeball
Deathrun
Surf? (not sure how to make that a multiplayer competition)

I know there are a shit ton of other mods that I haven't listed that would be good. Let's wait until the LOs make a thread to start posting the rest of our ideas if we want to go the multi-mod route, or at least explore the idea of it. I don't want this thread to be flooded with them.

So yeah, I think it is a pretty neat idea. What do you guys think?
Archvile
Archvile
Site Regular
Site Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Would there be two servers, one designated specifically for soccer and one for multi-mods? If so, do we have the funding for that? If not, won't that kind of suck for people who only want to really play soccer (not saying that's me, just some people in generally probably only want to play soccer).
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Added a couple to your list Arch, and surf could work by just having everybody start at the same time, and having a win decided by whoever finishes the map first, or first to get multiple people to finish or something of that sort.

And Warcat, it's just an idea Dill through out there that sounded interesting. I think it sounds fun and would be awesome to do, but yeah getting a separate server would probably need to happen.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Furtif Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:49 pm

ChickenWaffles wrote:I usually only play RL now adays...don't have time with gym, tan, laundry, fcking bitches and getting money because we started from the bottom now the whole team here.

NIGG you are still at the bottom Wink

League Status Gif-Queen-Elizabeth-II-Giving-Finger
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael V Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:16 am

Pride wrote:I'll be home around May 10~15. get ready homies. papa will be back

super hyphy (no sound) : k when pride is making u look bad, its a fug