North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interest in playing a new season (VOTE!)

3 posters

Go down

Would you be interested in a new season?

Interest in playing a new season (VOTE!) Vote_lcap83%Interest in playing a new season (VOTE!) Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 25 ]
Interest in playing a new season (VOTE!) Vote_lcap17%Interest in playing a new season (VOTE!) Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 30

Interest in playing a new season (VOTE!) Empty Interest in playing a new season (VOTE!)

Post by Free Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:25 am

In order to get a new season start (with potential new system instead of a tournament style bracket! Interesting stuff to get hype up.) we need to know how many people are still interested. Server was paid for anonymously, thanks whoever you are, for a good bit so we have time to do a new season.

If we get enough votes for interested, then I can reveal potential new style of season to try out. Please vote tho!
Free
Free
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Interest in playing a new season (VOTE!) Empty Re: Interest in playing a new season (VOTE!)

Post by Free Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:18 am

I would like to see more than 15 people sign up for a season, but as promised here's a potential new season format:

We would work as a "point" system. Instead of the traditional schedule based system, each team will play games on their OWN time. They would reserve server time with another team and those two teams will play a match to gain points.
Example: Team A freely challenges Team B to a match. Team A has 10 points while Team B has 12. The two teams negotiate a server time block to reserve and both must confirm that time. That time will then be acknowledged by a ref or LO. The two teams match on the selected time and the winning team goes up in points.
If you beat a team that has a higher point value, you gain more points than you would beating a lower valued team. The more points you have, the more points you're worth, so expect a lot of challenges. There would be a hard limit on the amount of matches a team can play in a week, but that's small details that'll be worked out later.
This places a lot of work on the captains in relation to the past, however most of the work would be done in a browser to make things easier (selecting a team, using forums to confirm times, etc).

Like I said it's just an idea. I'll write up a detailed thing later on if we get more votes... but 15 is weeeeak. ):
Free
Free
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Interest in playing a new season (VOTE!) Empty Re: Interest in playing a new season (VOTE!)

Post by Labarr Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:27 pm

I like the idea!! I think only 18 people voted because well.. only these people come on the forums. We need to spread this through steam ;3

So I will start talking to people about this :O
Labarr
Labarr
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Furtif Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Interest in playing a new season (VOTE!) 4114
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down