North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clarification Pl0x

4 posters

Go down

Clarification Pl0x Empty Clarification Pl0x

Post by Dill Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:09 pm

I don't mean to beat a dead horse....but....I'm a little confused.

So we had to forfeit...blahblahblahblah.....

I'm told Fatal was added 2 hours too late to meet the 24-hour eligibility requirement to be allowed to participate in Inter's match this past Sunday. My confusion simply comes from how do you know it's 22 hours? It's probably different for website admins/LO's, but for all the regular members of the PSL, we can't see any timestamps for posts.

Also, was he late because Toni requested him to be added 22 hours before our match....or was it that Toni requested him to be added and because it took a LO a little bit of time to actually add him to the roster it ended up being 22 hours from our match time?

As far as a reschedule goes....in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. Inter will most likely still end up 4th and in the playoffs regardless of the forfeit or not. Also - are the standings down? I don't see them anymore on the Home page...

kthxbye! cherry

~Dill

P.S. And just a suggestion for LO's for future reference: Can we make all "deadlines" be PST deadlines? It seems unfair that someone in California has a deadline of 9 p.m. while someone in NY gets a midnight deadline and gains that "extra 3 hours". I know technically they don't gain anything b/c if you switched it to 12:00 PST then it would be 3:00 a.m. EST...but it just seems like PST would be easier for those on the West Coast so they have time to get home from work/school and aren't forced to make decisions be 9 p.m. when their east coast counter parts can wait until midnight. This is just a minor point and the system works either way tbh, but I just thought I'd bring it up and hopefully the LO's can discuss it at the next meeting.
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Clarification Pl0x Empty Re: Clarification Pl0x

Post by Warcat Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:22 pm

Dill wrote:but for all the regular members of the PSL, we can't see any timestamps for posts.
by Dill Today at 8:09 pm
(Directly under the topic name)

Dill wrote:P.S. And just a suggestion for LO's for future reference: Can we make all "deadlines" be PST deadlines? It seems unfair that someone in California has a deadline of 9 p.m. while someone in NY gets a midnight deadline and gains that "extra 3 hours". I know technically they don't gain anything b/c if you switched it to 12:00 PST then it would be 3:00 a.m. EST...but it just seems like PST would be easier for those on the West Coast so they have time to get home from work/school and aren't forced to make decisions be 9 p.m. when their east coast counter parts can wait until midnight. This is just a minor point and the system works either way tbh, but I just thought I'd bring it up and hopefully the LO's can discuss it at the next meeting.
To be honest, I'm pretty sure a large portion of the league lives either central or east coast (almost every Canadian is on the east coast/EST, and a lot americans live in NY, NJ, etc. to my knowledge). You could also have a co-captain/captain that lives on the east coast to post the roster change for you, ex. You live in Cali or wherever on the west coast, Toni lives in NY/NJ (i 4get lul) you can get him to make that post three hours earlier.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:57 pm

Warcat wrote:by Dill Today at 8:09 pm
(Directly under the topic name)

Touche! I retract that statement. Smile But now I'm still curious about the time stamp for when Toni requested Fatal to be added to the roster.

Warcat wrote:To be honest, I'm pretty sure a large portion of the league lives either central or east coast (almost every Canadian is on the east coast/EST, and a lot americans live in NY, NJ, etc. to my knowledge). You could also have a co-captain/captain that lives on the east coast to post the roster change for you, ex. You live in Cali or wherever on the west coast, Toni lives in NY/NJ (i 4get lul) you can get him to make that post three hours earlier.

My PST time change suggestion has nothing to do with the roster change/updating, but more specifically with just deadlines in general for any event. Regarding the roster change and forfeit loss though, I again will reiterate that in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter 1 bit, realistically....My suggestion, however, was just a suggestion I wanted LEAGUE OFFICIALS to go over in their next meeting.

~Dill lol!
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:11 am

only thing i could recommend is that, on the roster section, after the post is removed that displays the exact time when somebody was requested to get added, that the LO who added them puts the time next to the date and person added.

example
01/08/11 - Added Fatal to team Inter
throw a time between the date and Added
01/08/11 - 9:00 PM EST - Added Fatal to team Inter

that would end all questions

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by pepsimatty13 Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:51 am

Dill wrote:My suggestion, however, was just a suggestion I wanted LEAGUE OFFICIALS to go over in their next meeting.

Done Smile
pepsimatty13
pepsimatty13
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down