North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match 2 Finals

+4
scop3r
Warcat
meh
Church
8 posters

Go down

Match 2 Finals Empty Match 2 Finals

Post by Church Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:39 am

After reading the rules just to double check... there is no rule/penalty for stalling aka wasting time. I remember there being like a unspoken rule that the whole team couldn't just jump on the ball. But 1 person standing in front of a defender stopping him from getting the ball, I don't think so. It's the same as someone kdubbing(mehdub) it up in the air or passing it between teammates or hitting it into the corner/down the line.

3) In-Game Match Rules

a. Members
i.
Only 15 players (7 from each team playing + referee) will be allowed in
the server during a match. Everyone else who wants to watch the game
needs to do so via SourceTV.

b. Goalie Blocking
i.
Goalie blocking is when a player intentionally goes into the goal box
and prevents the goalie from effectively playing his position. Such a
penalty will have to be assessed after the game ends. If a goalie feels
like he was blocked during a play, the League Officials will review the
demo of the game to see if this is true. If so, a 1 goal penalty will be
assessed against the team committing the foul. If this occurs during a
playoff game and the penalty results in the game being a tie, the
captains will have to schedule a time to finish the match with a golden
goal as soon as possible.

c. Timeouts
i. Each team will be awarded two time outs per half and one time out for Golden Goal. Every timeout has a time limit of 2 minutes.
ii.
The team who calls the timeout will lose possession of the ball under
most circumstances. The only exception to this is if a timeout is called
after a goal is scored, but before kickoff. Under all circumstances,
the team calling the !to will lose 1 of their 2 allotted time outs.
iii. A timeout must be called by typing “!to” in chat.

d. Substitutions
i.
You may choose to use a !to to make a substitution. It is mandatory
that the match is not live while you make your substitution.

e. MM2 rule
i.
MM1 (All chat) is allowed in any form during match gameplay. However,
League Officials retain the right to remove a players privilege of using
chat. If a player who has lost his privilege uses chat anyways, it will
count as an infraction and could result in a suspension.

f. Match Infractions
i.
This is a list of match infractions that may occur during gameplay, in
which case the referee would warn the player and post it in the match
report.
1. Bunnyhopping
2. Blocking the goalie
3. Standing on a player's head
4. Disrespecting a player
5. Going on the goal
6. Clearly offsides on kick-off
7. Unacceptable kick-off (extra players in circle, ball kicked / knocked forward, etc.)
8. Going on / over wall
9. Illegal substitution
10. Other (referee must say what)

Also, I held it in the corner for like 5-10seconds just blocking my defender from the ball and half of ING rage quit. GGA or Epic in S3 finals tried to do it with 1 minute left but we got the ball back. Wasting time is a legitimate strategy that every sport uses when in the lead with little time left. Anyways, just wanted to clear that up.
Church
Church
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : N/A

Back to top Go down

Match 2 Finals Empty Re: Match 2 Finals

Post by meh Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:29 am

I could care less about that, there clearly is no point in nitpicking with something like this lol

On another note I'd like to apologize for the way things ended up at the end of that game. I wasn't aware of any shit talking going on between our teams and when it started coming out at the end I was a little surprised.

While there is clearly no excuse for our players leaving the match early (rq) I also don't think there is an excuse to gloat to me/amen/candy as we were the only ones in the server at that point.

As far as taking away your glory idk where that came from, congratulations on winning I have no intent on diminishing you as champions. But there's a proper way to win and there's another way, and that other way I think should be gone about privately with whoever you had the issue with in the firstplace.

Not to make excuses for some of our players behaviour ofc, but one player's behaviour does not reflect on all of our behaviour.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Church Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:38 am

I was only trash talking to Amen because he kept saying that we were "lucky" to win at all. And I posted the rule part on here because 3 people RQ / cueball said rules / you said rules. So I had to clarify that you can do that.

I never said you took away my glory :O. Unb winning is all the glory I need. If I had any issue, it would be with almost all of ING in that match besides candy/you (since I just clarified it isn't a rule).

Anyways, GG until the last 2 minutes..
Church
Church
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am

oic, for whatever reason it seemed when I was in there that what was being said was targeted at me

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:08 pm

I honestly have no idea what happened at all last night, but I do remember Stinger did introduce some sort of time wasting rule that included as you said piling up on the ball, or intentionally squeezing the ball against the wall/corner so it cannot be hit.

But again I'm not sure what happened, just throwing that out there.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:43 pm

ING confirmed for worst reschedulers in the history of the league haha

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:12 pm

scop3r wrote:ING confirmed for worst reschedulers in the history of the league haha
Had a hell of a time trying to schedule a match. Was like 4 people couldn't make it one day, but the next day they could. But then another 4 people couldn't make it that day, and so on.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Church Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Indeed. I know SSL enforced the no 5 people jumping on it. But never just blocking a defender from it. Anyways, yeah reschedule fail but it had to be done...

Anyways, onward to NEXT SEASON...
Church
Church
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Church wrote:NEXT SEASON

...lol

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Church Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:27 pm

Guess I have too high of hopes for a s3? Even though I doubt it as well. Back to pugging forever! :O lol
Church
Church
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Amen Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:39 pm

every match you faced us you were lucky (maybe except 1) where either I lagged costing us the match, candy lagged all game, or us hitting the posts all game. So ya, you were "lucky to win at all." All basically 1 goal games and not to mention we were clearly controlling the games. You guys may have won, but we're the better team. And ya, I'll know u'll use the 4-1 or w/e stats.

LOL " I know SSL enforced the no 5 people jumping on it. But never just blocking a defender from it." There were countless times when ppl would do that in pugs and get kicked for it. But since ur an LO and know how to reference the past, of course you can make rules outta the blue.

Next time why don't u not be a fucking dick and not stall in the corner when the the other team is making a final push to tie or win.

Of course this whole forum was made so you would not look like an asshole.

Amen
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:49 pm

I don't think we were going to make a final push... and tbh I didn't think we had a shot of winning from the start when I saw candy's ping. Clearly our teams are very even given that all our previous matches were decided in OT or by 1 goal so the fact that we had to play in the final with a handicap (and a sexy one at that) pretty much made it a hopeless uphill battle. I'm sure the same would have happened if somebody on unb played with a 300+ ping.

Which brings me to the point of why care if he stalled in the corner? Ya it was lame but it's not like it made any real difference seeing how there were 2 minutes left and it was a 4 goal difference...

Last edited by meh on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Stinger wrote:Delay Of Game Infraction
There is now offficially a delay of game infraction for pugs AND matches. This delay of game infraction is strictly when a team shields the ball from play. Passing the ball around the field and not attempting to score will NOT be considered delay of game.

As far as us getting lucky, pretty bs imo. We could easily just say you guys we're lucky by it even being a close game. Anything can be called luck, but when it came down to it I guess we just had more "luck" in 4 out of the 5 games Smile
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:52 pm

lol then by that logic i can call you lucky for getting lucky to win against us while we were getting lucky! FWUAH cyclops

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:53 pm

is there a demo for this game?

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:08 pm

meh wrote:lol then by that logic i can call you lucky for getting lucky to win against us while we were getting lucky! FWUAH cyclops
I just mean that luck did not play a part in us winning. Our game 1 victory was not because our pews or lucky bounces, we used our skill to mount a comeback and won the game. As far as game 2 goes, you guys had someone with 200 ping (which sucks), but it was out of our control.

scop3r wrote:is there a demo for this game?
Sure, download it here.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Church Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:13 pm

I've never seen anyone get kicked for that ever lol.. And amen, this
was just to clear up who I was talking to so meh would know. I could care less about what
I said to you, since it was true. Someone needs an Anti-Rage pill for not being able to beat us.

By all this logic, everyone is lucky to beat anyone. No skill is ever involved. Anyways, keep raging and better "luck" next season..
Church
Church
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Amen Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:44 pm

lol you using the anti-rage pill and keep raging comebacks just shows your immaturity and lack of ability to admit you've done wrong sometimes. I'm pretty sure you were the one who said it was all luck yesterday in the server btw. My examples were just strictly our games. I know it may be difficult to understand. What I don't understand is why some people ever get to become LOs. You showed your great character in that match.

Keep up your great work as an LO and have a nice next season. I hope your not an adult as even cr7 shows more humility and character than you do. Since you're an LO, please take me off the list of players for next season.

If you feel offended, well, "I could care less about what I said to you, since it was true."

Very Happy

Amen
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Amen Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:48 pm

This honestly would not have happened if you would have just said sorry, my mistake after the match instead of LOL your team RQ. But of course you had to come on here and justify all your faults like a child.

Amen
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Arctic Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:06 pm

Amen wrote:This honestly would not have happened if you would have just said sorry, my mistake after the match instead of LOL your team RQ. But of course you had to come on here and justify all your faults like a child.

You want some cheese with that whine?
Arctic
Arctic
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

http://arctisch.com/scrubz/images/yourswf/forum/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:21 pm

Stinger wrote:Delay Of Game Infraction
There is now officially a delay of game infraction for pugs AND matches. This delay of game infraction is strictly when a team shields the ball from play. Passing the ball around the field and not attempting to score will NOT be considered delay of game.

The rule is pretty clear and explicit in stating that a TEAM has to shield the ball from play. One player is not a TEAM...it would take at least 2 players to be a TEAM of players shielding the ball. Church, from what the rules state, made a perfectly legal move which cost ING no more than 4-5 seconds and subsequently made half of their players leave the server in a fit of rage. What Church did is EASILY countered by simply hitting the ball. Church didn't make it impossible for the defender to get the ball - the defender just gave up.

If you even start to consider what Church did as "illegal", then where does it end? I'm a winger and my defender goes to hit the ball in the air...he shields me from being able to hit the ball in the air so he can make a play on it. Foul? No...of course not. I'm a defender and my winger hits it to my corner. He gets there first, but doesn't hit it immediately b/c he's waiting to see what I'll do. He could drop it or try to do a wall bounce cross. Delay of game? ...no

From my understanding, the rule was put in place to prevent something along the lines of hitting the ball into the corner and having your team surround the ball. Not to prevent 1 player from stalling a bit to hold a lead - which by the way I see people do all the time in pugs and matches and DONT get banned/kicked for.

Anyway - it was essentially a 5v6 match w/ Candy lagging bad (unfortunate - I would have preferred a even game like we usually have), and like Meh said, I highly doubt the 4-5 seconds ING lost would have mattered. The bottom line is, Church isn't a TEAM of players shielding the ball. He's one person - and there is no rule stating that one player can't do what Church did.

~Dill

P.S. Amen is a douche and if there is a Season 3 I'm sure his superior skill will be dearly missed.

Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Church Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:24 pm

All I see in amen's post is a bunch whining and rage.. As dill says, "Need some TISSSUEEESS to wipe your tears?"

GG to the rest of ING except the RQers / amen. If anything, use steam to discuss personal matters..

I am done with this thread but have at it ING members, mainly Amen. You won't be missed in S3 if there is one.
Church
Church
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:55 pm

Looks like everybody needs to chill out. A less than stellar season (that's putting it kindly), with a horrific set of playoffs, is no need to start trying to banish people from the league. All opinions are merited, but just because it's your opinion doesn't make it true.

Too much rage and immaturity going on in this "league".

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:01 am

Since this thread is clearly going nowhere, or at least not in the right direction, it is now locked.

-edit by meh
lul i can edit ur post Very Happy
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down