North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player Interviews!

+9
scop3r
Bazooka Joe
Michael V
Dill
meh
Spyware
Spero
CR7
Stinger
13 posters

Go down

Player Interviews! Empty Player Interviews!

Post by Stinger Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:46 pm

I decided to do some interviews with some players and ask them some of the pressing matters in the league today. First up I interviewed Panda as a long time, well-respected veteran player of the league.

Stinger: An obvious question #1 - Theres been a lot of speculation from fellow players saying that SvP could be making a return in this season. Is there any truth to that?
.::SvP::. panda: Haha, well sorry to disappoint, but I can't give a definite yes or no. It really depends on how the draft format ends up. The people from SvP that still play love to play together, and that's about as concise as I can put it.

Stinger: Fair enough. What type of player can others expect you to be this season?
.::SvP::. panda: New players probably have no idea what to expect from me. Last season I was extremely inactive after getting traded simply because my schedule didn't work out. This season, however, I've got plenty more free time. I'm gonna put in the effort to make every game. I'd expect and would prefer to see me in center, but that really depends on where I'm needed for my team.

Stinger: Is there any specific players you look forward to either playing with or against in the upcoming season?
.::SvP::. panda: Oh definitely. It goes without saying, but I'd love to play with SvP. Outside of that, I'd really like to be on a team with Quick. For a new player, he seems like he'd be more than willing to take captains advice, which is one of his strongest points. Players like that are open slates, and as we've seen before, those players seem to get pretty good pretty quick. As far as going against, I'm always up for a challenge against yourself or Lone in center. That has been my main competition for years. I also think Fatal will be a key component of whatever team he ends up on, whether I'm with or against him.

Stinger: Do you have any personal goals for this upcoming season?
.::SvP::. panda: The biggest goal I have this season is activity and helping out my teammates. I want to be able to play (or sit and watch) most matches and help out those that need it within my team. I'm not too concerned with outscoring anyone or taking the champ, but I'd like to at least see my team enter the playoffs. I have fun in any match, the competition and "team factor" is way different than it is in pugs.

Stinger: My last question for this interview, Do you foresee a regular season happening anytime in the near future in the PSL?
.::SvP::. panda: That's a tough question. My short answer: no. My long answer: maybe. Open competition is such a mess with this small of a community. When you have captains that will do whatever it takes to win (not saying this is bad), you get stacked teams. In the past I've always believed that people could rise up and any given match they could take out the best of the best. Nowadays I don't think it's nearly as possible. The veterans have been playing so long and know all the intricate details of this game by now. If you have a team of veteran players, you're basically leaps and bounds ahead of every other team. The only way a reg season could happen is if there were restrictions. As of right now, we have no proper method of doing that. Until we get to that point, expect to see a draft season.

Stinger: That concludes the interview, thanks for taking your time to answer these questions.
Stinger: thx qt! <3
.::SvP::. panda: Thanks qt Very Happy <3

==================================================================================

Next up I decided to interview Michael V as a veteran and a captain of a team.

Stinger: You signed up as a captain for team OP, what does this team hope to achieve in the upcoming season?
Michael V #9: Well, we are just in it for the fun and for a good time. We aren't playing for the competition or to be #1. We just want to have smooth games where everyone is happy and no one rages, we also would like some newer people on our team so we can train them. We're just looking to work together as a team and train ourselves to be more stable and be better at playing together.

Stinger: What type of player can others expect you to be this season?
Michael V #9: I'm always going to be at every match whether I play or not. I'm mostly going to play on the defensive side of the field d/g, while the newer players will be on offense. Although i'm just in it for the fun I will give it my all in matches and I am looking forward to facing a team like LZR as it will be a challenging match, and not just a match against an easy team, which is more fun for me.

Stinger: Well that kind of ties into my next question. Is there any players you look forward to either playing with or against?
Michael V #9: I am looking forward to playing with meh and saint because we are all very defensive players and can really get a shutout going if we tried, me and meh have made a great defensive combo in the past and weve definitely kept a lock on offense trying to score. Like I said before, I am looking forward to facing the more challenging teams as I will have to try harder and it will be a lot of fun!

Stinger: Which do you perfer personally, a draft season or regular season?
Michael V #9: I prefer a draft season because you can be playing with people you've never really talked to before or people you've never really pugged with or been on the same team with. It's a more interesting game with a draft as the teams have to learn how to adapt with each other in the playoffs before the season starts. I also think its fun playing with newer people as they look up to you and they want to be a better player and its up to the captains and themselves to make that happen, by training and having an hour with the team once a week. Overall I was on a team that forfeited almost every match due to inactivity but I'm hoping that it won't be as much of a problem as it was in last season, and previous regular seasons

Stinger: That once again leads me into my next and final question. What do you think needs to be the single biggest improvement in the upcoming PSL season?
Michael V #9: I really think the biggest improvement should be forfeits. There were so many last season that it was a disaster. There were so many matches I'm sure many people would've wanted to play but couldn't because their team couldn't field enough players. I'm sure the outcome of the season would be completely different and different teams would've been in the playoffs if it wasn't for the forfeits.

Stinger: That concludes the interview, thanks for taking your time to answer these questions.
Stinger: TY <3
Michael V #9: yw Very Happy

==================================================================================

Finally I interviewed Pride, as a veteran who is currently not signed up for the league and tried to find out why.

Stinger: If you could name one thing the PSL needs to improve on most, what would it be?
Pride: can you be more specific
Stinger: It is meant to be a broad question. If you could change ANYTHING in the PSL what would it be? A rule? A season format? Remove a player from the league? Anything goes, just keep it realistic.
Pride: LOs that know rules and don't take
Pride: 10 mins to take action
Pride: when they are in a pug

Stinger: Which type of season would you personally perfer? A draft season or a regular season?
Pride: regular
Stinger: Care to expand on why?
Pride: I don't like playing with people that doesn't share my playing style
Pride: or fags who i cant stand
Pride: but last season went ok
Pride: but it would have probably been horrible if i wasn't GM
Pride: And draft... you always get a few who won't play on your team
Pride: but obviously are the next best choice

Stinger: Fair enough. You are currently one of the veteran players not signed up for the upcoming draft season, is there any specific reason(s) why other than it not being a regular season?
Pride: waiting till people i like signs up
Pride: might form a team

Last edited by Stinger on Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Player Interviews! Empty Re: Player Interviews!

Post by CR7 Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:12 pm

That once again leads me into my next and final question. What do you think needs to be the single biggest improvement in the upcoming PSL season?
Michael V #9:
I really think the biggest improvement should be forfeits. There were so many last season that it was a disaster. There were so many matches I'm sure many people would've wanted to play but couldn't because their team couldn't field enough players. I'm sure the outcome of the season would be completely different and different teams would've been in the playoffs if it wasn't for the forfeits

I respect you MV, just for that because its so true it happened to me and many others
CR7
CR7
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:55 pm

Good stuff

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyware Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:34 am

ah great addition 'player interviews''.... thumps up
Spyware
Spyware
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:57 am

love it love it love it love it.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:05 am

After I interviewed 3 players in the league, Meh decided to interview me in return.

Harold T. Wilkins: Hello there, this is your host Meh speaking with the infamous head LO of the PSL - Stinger
Harold T. Wilkins: How are you doing this fine evening Stinger?
Stinger: Pretty good sir.
Harold T. Wilkins: Excellent
Harold T. Wilkins: So I figured I'd start this by asking you some questions that pertain to your position in the league
Harold T. Wilkins: and then ask you some about you as a player

Harold T. Wilkins: so Question 1 - What are some of your specific goals for improvement in the the upcoming draft season after the controversies and failures of S3?
Stinger: I think first and foremost we need to address the amount of forfeits. There has been a variety of ideas that have been thrown around to try and improve this, but I personally am very interested in trying something in regards to the schedule itself. I do not feel the issue is the activity of the players, but more the dedication of showing up on a predetermined day and time. This has the potential to be fixed by making a 'soft' schedule instead of a hard schedule, where teams would instead have a range of dates to agree on the match with the other captain. I can't take credit for this idea, but I definitely feel it could be effective.
Harold T. Wilkins: Interesting, I think that's a pretty damn good idea

Harold T. Wilkins: Question 2 - Following the last question, is there anything that you are particularly worried about with S4?
Stinger: Honestly my main concern is getting enough players. I believe that having the draft season in the first place was a bad idea. It gave players preference as to what type of season they'd like. So now we have a split community, with some players wanting a draft season and other players wanting a regular season, as apposed to before when it was strictly regular seasons and no preference was given. Of course now, I feel draft seasons are the better choice for future seasons as the benefits it potentially offers as ones we cannot afford to pass up on at this point.
Harold T. Wilkins: As you know I have a strong opinion on this aswell but I'll leave that out of this interview Wink

Harold T. Wilkins: Question 3 - Here's an interesting one, do you think the league has progressed or regressed since the SSL? That is are we better off today as we learn from our mistakes or is the opposite true in your honest opinion.
Stinger: Do you mean since S5 of SSL or S1 of SSL?
Harold T. Wilkins: Since as long as we've had a structured league.
Stinger: We have done both - it depends which part of the league you mean. I would say we have progressed in our scripts, our league map, and skill. Most will instantly disagree with me on skill, but I guarantee if there was a way to test the skill of our average player now versus a average player back in S1 / S2, that itd be a blowout. By progressing on the map, I just mean by visuals. The map we have now looks a ton better then the old map. As far as most other aspects, id say we've regressed. Activity, amount of players, professionalism, and just the overall status of our league have all dropped since the SSL days. By professionalism I mean the attitude of the veterans in the league and our site. There is no debating that when we had our own TRUE site and a sponsorship that we were more professional and legit then we are now.
Harold T. Wilkins: I'll agree with you on most of that.

Harold T. Wilkins: Ok last question about you as head LO - How stressful is your position in the league? About how much work is involved and do you find it mostly rewarding or frustrating?
Stinger: My position in the league definitely takes its toll. I have been a League Official for 5 seasons straight now, and have found a lot of the time that I just burn out and need to take a break from it for a bit. As far as work, there isn't too much once everything gets going. During my 5 seasons, I have almost came up with a mental list of what needs to get done for a season to start, which can involve a heavyish work load for a few days, but then once the season gets going its really only updating standings, stats, scripts, and maybe some reffing. Most of the real work comes when other players have issues. Settling an argument or ending drama can really drain you if you find yourself doing it weekly. I also have never felt its right to keep a player off your friends list if you are a League Official as they may want to contact you randomly about a issue. Recently I haven't been able to hold true to this for 2 players though as I cannot stand them annoying me all the time with pointless banter. The only rewarding feeling I get is when I do something that gets public appreciation, the rest is just tedious work that provides no personal gain.
Harold T. Wilkins: I think a lot of the league will find that answer pretty interesting

Harold T. Wilkins: Alright just two more questions
Harold T. Wilkins: I've noticed over the past year that you really do play every position. Is there a particular position or playing style that you tend to favor over another? Are you more interested in simply scoring goals and winning pugs or would you rather make a team play and get other players involved?
Stinger: My clear cut favorite position would be right wing. However, this is a selfish choice. I feel my best position is RD if I turn off my music during the game. But for right wing, I like to try and play a defensive style of wing. My 2 philosophies for wing is that if you play in front of your defender when the ball is in your end of the field, that you are likely to receive almost double the amount of clears. My second is that a wing needs to cover the drop to the best of his ability. Having the drop wide open leaves your teams defender useless and gives a free opportunity for a solid scoring chance for the other team, not to mention it prolongs the ball getting cleared to you. I like to consider the way I play the offensive side of W to be unique. I have a variety of dekes and moves to use in the corner, as well as in the open field. Saying this, I will always look to pass rather than shoot if I feel it gives a better scoring opportunity. As far as getting other players involved, I try to do my best at that too, however when I play with Lone its a different story. When you play with someone you have great chemistry with, you tend to instantly look at them or think to pass to them rather than someone else. Anyone who has someone they have great chemistry with probably knows what I mean. It just happens naturally.
Harold T. Wilkins: Awesome, last question before I end up giving you carpal tunnel

Harold T. Wilkins: We all have our reasons why we play this game, whether it be because we enjoy the community or just love to pug. How long have you played counter-strike soccer and what is it that keeps you coming back season after season?
Stinger: Ive been playing CS Soccer for about 5 years now. What a lot of people don't know is that it was my brother who showed me the mod and got me into it. Although he didn't last long, I kept playing and was lucky enough to make / join a couple teams that sparked my interest even further. After a few months it became about being better and wanting to be competitive in pugs. At this point my skill and maturity wasn't high at all, so I remember when I got put wing against someone who I thought was better then me, I would give up before the game even started. Eventually my reasons changed though, from S2-S4 it was about certain players in the league I enjoyed playing with, and then from S4 - until now its been the players and learning skills. I have found myself learning more from this game and being on the computer a lot then anything else. Now today, I have been accepted into gaming programming at college and will be starting in September, and I have CS Soccer to thank for that.
Harold T. Wilkins: I think everybody in the league who reads this will find your answers very interesting

Harold T. Wilkins: That concludes this interview, thanks for your time man
Stinger: nope thank you dude Very Happy beast questions
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Stinger wrote:I have a variety of dekes and moves to use in the corner, as well as in the open field.

"Unteachable" moves I might add!!!! Rolling Eyes #wants-a-tutorial-made-by-stinger

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:36 pm

I'd say scop3r has the best moves in the open field, hands down.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael V Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:50 pm

Dill wrote:
"Unteachable" moves I might add!!!! Rolling Eyes #wants-a-tutorial-made-by-stinger

~Dill
Michael V
Michael V
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

https://www.youtube.com/user/mikey9890

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:43 pm

meh wrote:I'd say scop3r has the best moves in the open field, hands down.

thats debatable

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:36 am

Bazooka Joe wrote:
meh wrote:I'd say scop3r has the best moves in the open field, hands down.

thats debatable
Hahaha, it's not even debatable. My "moves" are garbage.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:01 am

i dont think its about the "moves" so much. I think everyone can do mostly the same stuff but i was just thinking dursac was the best in open field. He does the most consistent shit with open field... that ive noticed anyways.

I always just steal shit i see people do lol

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:28 am

Personally, I have 0 moves. What Meh must be talking about is my terrible and unnecessary passes, and horrid positioning. Other than that, I have no clue.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:49 am

yeah probably

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:56 am

Nah scop3r you don't give yourself enough credit man, you've got the moves!

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:57 am

like jagger

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:05 pm

Prides interview made me facepalm.....You know damn well its going to be on a site, yet you use the word "fag" and pretty much start shit...
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Bazooka Joe wrote:i dont think its about the "moves" so much. I think everyone can do mostly the same stuff but i was just thinking dursac was the best in open field. He does the most consistent shit with open field... that ive noticed anyways.

I always just steal shit i see people do lol
This. Dursac is the only one really than actually consistently does "moves" and actually gets by someone or does something with the ball. Only one who actually probably expects the moves to do something, most often people just try it when there's nothing they can really do.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by m1tch Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Forty wrote:Prides interview made me facepalm.....You know damn well its going to be on a site, yet you use the word "fag" and pretty much start shit...

Prides an allstar don't talk to him that way! He's gonna be starting forward on the allstar team for cs soccer
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Forty wrote:Prides interview made me facepalm.....You know damn well its going to be on a site, yet you use the word "fag" and pretty much start shit...

i had no idea it was going to be posted as I was starting on my hw... study
and you of all ppl..

Pride
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down