North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player Interviews 04 - Warcat/Meh-March 4th, 2012

4 posters

Go down

Player Interviews 04 - Warcat/Meh-March 4th, 2012 Empty Player Interviews 04 - Warcat/Meh-March 4th, 2012

Post by Nad Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:59 pm

WARCAT
Today, I sat down with Warcat just to chat about some things around the league. It is currently two hours before the draft and I was excited to see some of his responses. Let's take a look at how the conversation went.

NAD: So Warcat, it's draft day. Hows your day going and are you excited for tonight?
Warcat: Yeah I guess I'm excited going to be pretty fun to see where I get drafted as it is the first draft I've been involved in as I was a captain last season.

NAD: Well while we're on the topic of the draft, before we dive into other topics, where do you think you will end up? What captain trio do you think you'd fit in with the best?
Warcat: I think I'm probably going to go around 5-8, don't think I'll be the first three like you said in your draft but I think I still might have a chance of breaking the first round. As for what captain trio I think I'd fit into that I'd say almost all of them would be fun to play with. I've played with Shadow and Cue on a couple seasons so I could probably fit in there. But there the other trios are all great players and I think I'd probably gel with any of them.

NAD: Yeah I did have you high on my draft board, I love your ability to see the field and distribute as well as your good personality. I hate to keep hitting these self-opinionated questions, but do you think you can come in and change a game? Where are you the strongest? Where are you the weakest?
Warcat: Yeah, I sound a bit cocky to myself when answering these questions. But to answer your question, I think I can contribute well to a team. I don't know if I'm a real game changer but I think I do influence the game a bit when I play. I think I am my strongest at D making outlet passes up to the wingers, and I'm probably my weakest at G, though I do play there occasionally and sometimes can play well I am very inconsistent in G and sometimes play awfully.

NAD: You do fit in well to any team as a defender, although while you're in center or anywhere offensive, your passing is key! So I want to kind of revisit my 'NAD KNOWS; 1st Edition', you referred to it earlier. Honest opinion did you find it as a good read, worth the time? Should I continue this?
Warcat: Yeah it was really cool. I love reading stuff like that and even sometimes make some myself. Season 1 of PSL I think I made the player profiles thing, which was actually inspired from what you did in Season 3 of SSL (I think) which was pretty much the same thing. I definitely think you should continue doing them they are fun to read.

NAD: I love doing it, writing is a little hobby of mine! So moving on, as a league official, are you looking into this captain tier problem that has arisen? No updates, allowing Jazam, Bugen, Tactics, and others be part of a so called (2) Tier 1 captain trio? Are you guys currently looking into this situation or has it not came up yet? Any feedback is okay!
Warcat: Well we actually were considering revising the captain trios before we started the season but we decided instead of doing that we'd just use the tiers as a guideline and allow any team we approve to be a trio. But we haven't yet discussed revising the trios yet as it really has only been brought up today. But I do think that the tiers could use revising as there are some players that need to be switched around.

NAD: Yeah thats one of the topics I just wanted to bump, I don't really want to dive into any of that stuff because I know its always changing. I myself have not looked into it that much. What would you think about changing league hierarchy --> 7 league officials --> a couple officers --> referees --> stats people and other minor jobs (like my writing). Or are you guys still in love with the freelance approach?
Warcat: I don't know, haven't really thought about anything like that to be honest. I'd probably prefer what we have now though, just have the standard LOs, and a few server admins. With people like you who can contribute with media and such if they want to, and not be forced or have any sort of responsibility to do it.

NAD: No concern with losing stats? Not having a couple guys designated to keep up with it? What happens if the website gets wiped as it has many times before. All stats and records are lost. Wouldn't it be nice to have this resolved and maybe it would keep interest. Thoughts?
Warcat: If the forum blew up I'm pretty sure we'd still have our stats as they are saved on google docs and not directly on the site. Not entirely sure if that is the case or not but I'd imagine it is.

NAD: Just stating that they've been lost many times before because websites do go down or they are pulled down. Not to mention google docs is very common for losing files. I think it is a nice idea. However enough my blasphemy I want to end this interview with things back on the pitch. Give me your Top 5 Game Changers and leaders (two separate lists). These players can be from anyone you've played with rather they are participating in the draft or not.

Warcat: Damn this is hard
NAD: I try my hardest.

Warcat: Game Changers: Stinger, Lone, BJ, Fatal, Loading, and Dill
Warcat: Leaders: Stinger, Dill, KC, Shadow, Owen (When he played)

NAD: Thanks for your time dude, good job.

Warcat: Lol no problem

I'll wrap up my interview in a bit of a summary. I really liked some of Kitty's responses about himself because I seriously agree. He was a bit shy of himself, because he is a game changer and is a guy who can come in and light a spark. As for the league official stuff, Meh brought it up about the problems about the captain tier problem and I agree. Something needs to be done about this, however, there has been no time to react to the problem so hopefully it heads in the right direction.

My main concern about things is the problem of stats. I really don't want anything to happen to the stats. Therefore, I figured I'd break this out in this interview. I've been working on an excel document that will keep our stats for each season. While the LOs will still work as they always do to maintain these on the sites, I will be a second source. This document will also combine all stats from each season (we still have recorded) and I'll be writing formulas to keep our records up to date. As in record, highest scoring game (SvP 27) and most goals scored in a game by an individual (???). I believe this will really help, I've also developed a player database which will maintain who has played atleast a 1/2 in an official match! Lets hope all of this helps and that the LOs are okay with it!

As for everything else, I agree with his game changers and his leaders, minus KC, I thin you really have to throw in Ace or someone of the sort before KC. Nothing to do with him, but there are many more deserving. Thanks guys, on to the next one!

HAROLD T. WILKINS
Next I hung around and kept Meh from going to the library to see what was going on his mind up in Massachusetts.

NAD: Alright Meh, first off, I'm really impressed that you stepped up and made this devlopmental team. I believe thats real leadership! However, does it still make you excited for this draft tonight? Are you excited to see what teams form that your young squad will face off against?
Harold T. Wilkins: Of course I am! Although we are a development team we will be going into every match with a positive & competitive attitude

NAD: Since you already have your roster planned out have you guys been talking at all? Have you gotten to know any of these guys? If so, who, and who impresses you the most?
Harold T. Wilkins: Good question. Michael V, Lucky & myself know the majority of our roster pretty well and agree that these are the type of guys we want to play with. If I was to single out one player in particular who has impressed me lately it would be quick. Quick's been around for a little while, but I don't think he has a whole lot of match experience. Regardless he has a a great attitude, he plays hard, and he's looking to improve. What more could we ask for?

NAD: I really love that type of leadership, confidence is key. Are most of your guys active and ready to go? Do you see any problems in the future?
Harold T. Wilkins: Inactivity is something we will definitely have to watch out for. This is especially true for us as I worry that our players may loose interest due to us not being as serious of a team. Because of this it's important that we go into every match trying to make a statement. Ultimately if we want to see any success we need to start things off with a bang and make sure that the other players in the league take us seriously.

NAD: Would you be willing to ever trade if a player requested that he thinks he is ready? Or maybe a team has taken serious interest in this player. Typically like a farm team situation, would you allow it?
Harold T.Wilkins: Absolutely. The player's on our roster are there by choice. That being said, Saint is ours, so don't even think about it!

NAD: Haha, I'm really glad that you're so open like your winger when you play defense. But, the farm team idea is pretty awesome and I hope they want to stick with you as a leader! Who wants Saint though, ick... But back to business, think you guys can pull off a few wins? How confident are you? And if performance continues to improve, do you think this team could develop chemistry and become a team in a regular season or a group of friends?
Harold T. Wilkins: Well we're already a group of friends! But absolutely we're going into every match looking to win, so don't take us to lightly! At the end of the day what will separate us from the other teams is that if we lose, it's all good. No pressure, no worries.

NAD: Well that just about wraps it up, I really wanted some insight on your team and an update. I think you answered perfectly. But before we officially wrap it up, just as Warcat did, give me your top 5 game changers (they can be currently in the league or gone) and your top 5 leaders on/off the pitch (same rule applies).

Harold T. Wilkins: Top 5 Game Changers - stinger, arch, scoper, bazooka joe, nad
Harold T. Wilkins: Top 5 Leaders - stinger, toni, warcat, dill, kro

Harold T. Wilkins: Thanks for the great questions dude, see ya at the draft!

NAD: Thanks for answering everything man. Great job!

Another interview, another summary. I love that Meh has stepped up in order to create a roster in the draft league full of new guys. I believe if they gel together they may be able to sneak out a few wins, if they stay active they may be able to win more than a few (due to forfeit). However, I see a lot of players losing interest like Meh brought up. Hopefully a few teams can fish from this team and improve theirs. But best case scenario, they win some matches with pure teamwork.

Also I like the core group they're going to have Meh, Michael V, Lucky, and Saint. I say Saint, because he'll be going first no matter what. So with that 4 alone thats a pretty solid squad who can all pass. They will lack offensively at times or most the time, unless one of the new guys step up their games.

Overall, I'm excited. Everyone is excited. Its draft time guys, lets do it!

Nad out, thanks for reading!

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Player Interviews 04 - Warcat/Meh-March 4th, 2012 Empty Re: Player Interviews 04 - Warcat/Meh-March 4th, 2012

Post by KansasCity Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Yeah, knock me off of leaders but keep shadow on there, makes sense lmfao.
KansasCity
KansasCity
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 11 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Player Interviews 04 - Warcat/Meh-March 4th, 2012 Empty Re: Player Interviews 04 - Warcat/Meh-March 4th, 2012

Post by Nad Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Op welp didn't even see that. But get your nonsense out of here. Yeah i'd put Omega and Ace in there way before both of you. I can't really think of anymore. Due to the fact you and Shadow have never really led anything --- or a major role. Besides LO that is, oh well, i'll keep as is.

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by KansasCity Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Yeah, I was never LO or a Team Leader lol!
KansasCity
KansasCity
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Besides LO that is, oh well, i'll keep as is.

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by m1tch Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:15 pm

quit bitching fatass
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:41 pm

I DIDN'T WANNA DO THAT 5 PLAYER THING CUZ I KNEW I'D PISS PPL OFF.

Crying or Very sad
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by KansasCity Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:07 am

Warcat wrote:I DIDN'T WANNA DO THAT 5 PLAYER THING CUZ I KNEW I'D PISS PPL OFF.

Crying or Very sad

TBH you didn't piss anyone off. :O
KansasCity
KansasCity
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:29 am

KansasCity wrote:
Warcat wrote:I DIDN'T WANNA DO THAT 5 PLAYER THING CUZ I KNEW I'D PISS PPL OFF.

Crying or Very sad

TBH you didn't piss anyone off. :O

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down