North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smashball Commentary

4 posters

Go down

Smashball Commentary Empty Smashball Commentary

Post by Dill Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPd_jZWQ9lM&feature=youtu.be

The guys who created Smashball tried a Kickstarter for a new game. They sent an email to the Smashball listserv about the kickstarter, saying they may try one for Smashball if their other project is successful. As a teaser, they commentated a game from the Smashball league we played back in the day. Check it out! Smile

~Dill

P.S. Just watch the first 3 rounds.
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Smashball Commentary Empty Re: Smashball Commentary

Post by Audacity Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:17 am

I wanna play this game lol, seems like fun. You were a boss in those rounds
Audacity
Audacity
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:33 pm

anyone even play smashball anymore
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:25 pm

Nope. IMO here's what happened:

The vets of the game kept getting better and better, being able to hook faster and faster. Most new players were quickly turned off by this, by how some people were so good and so fast and how they didn't really grasp the game. So the developers of the game came out with a patch - an attempt to make the game friendlier to new players - and to do this they thought they would introduce air resistance. The vets were against this but the devs did it anyway. So the new patch came out in hopes to capture a new audience. The air resistance patch was really looked down on by the vets - we could no longer zip around going amazingly fast. Now our speeds in the air were capped and it just felt like we were moving trough molasses. Most vets lost interest and there weren't really any new players coming anymore, and it slowly just died off.

However recently someone figured out how we can run servers with pre-patch Smashball. So we're trying to get a group back together for some weekend events. And ultimately if this Kickstarter project works out maybe we'll get an actual Smashball game instead of just a mod! I'll post a link to the group's Steam page once we iron out all the kinks if anyone wants to play with us. None of us has played in years, so even if you've never played feel free to join us.

Updates to come.

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:26 pm

just msg me on steam when ur playing and ill play :O
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:20 pm

I remember I got recruited by some like 2nd or 3rd division team after playing for a little while when everyone here was playing, and then I never played again. Laughing
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down