North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember that game that never really worked on PC?

+2
Cueball
pepsimatty13
6 posters

Go down

Remember that game that never really worked on PC? Empty Remember that game that never really worked on PC?

Post by pepsimatty13 Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:36 am

Well with Thursdays patch to Black Ops I can actually play it without lag. Given my computer is no fucking superbeast (AMD 7750, 4Ghz of OCZ RAM, and GeForce GTS 450), I can now play the game on normal with no lag whatsoever.

My question is: After Christmas I may pick up an i7, do the graphics really look -that- much better on high/extra for those of you with decent computers? Mostly asking because for me Black Ops looks no better than MW2 does.

I know its not the best screenshot, but heres what my game-play looks like.

https://2img.net/h/i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr99/pepsimatty13/BLACKOPS.jpg
pepsimatty13
pepsimatty13
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Remember that game that never really worked on PC? Empty Re: Remember that game that never really worked on PC?

Post by Cueball Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:03 am

Call of Duty is not a graphic intense game so don't bother getting an i7... For this game....Get it for Crysis 2 when it comes out Very Happy
Cueball
Cueball
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

https://www.youtube.com/user/donttazemebro3434?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Remember that game that never really worked on PC? Empty Re: Remember that game that never really worked on PC?

Post by Souperior Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:31 am

Ya the blackops graphics are nothing special. I even stopped playing it because of connection problems I always got in servers.
Souperior
Souperior
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:34 pm

Get an i5 for now, it will be more than enough for games for the next year or two...also, maybe grab yourself a new video card (unless already new enough)
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Church Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:56 pm

Should definitely get an i7 just for the future. I has a i7-950, its pretty beast. But for black ops, that game has the pretty much the same graphics as MW2 but plays crappier. It all just depends on how much money you has to spare.
Church
Church
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Church wrote:Should definitely get an i7 just for the future. I has a i7-950, its pretty beast. But for black ops, that game has the pretty much the same graphics as MW2 but plays crappier. It all just depends on how much money you has to spare.

i7 really isn't necessary right yet...it will be soon, and when it is, it will be the right price to actually buy it..
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

Back to top Go down

Post by snake Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:54 pm

o yea u guys dont lag? i do
INTEL PENTNIUM 4 SINGLE CORE MAN

snake
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Church Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:04 pm

While you make a good point 40, if he buys a i5 and then replaces that later on with an i7, that would most likely be the same cost as just buying an i7 right now. Gotta buy for the future use tbh.. But that's just me Wink.
Church
Church
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:20 pm

Church wrote:While you make a good point 40, if he buys a i5 and then replaces that later on with an i7, that would most likely be the same cost as just buying an i7 right now. Gotta buy for the future use tbh.. But that's just me Wink.

Thats the thing...the i5 will be good enough for his needs for a long while, and once he needs to upgrade, there will be a better option than the i7 out there...
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

Back to top Go down

Post by Church Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:16 am

Yeah but then you would be like... get the i7 since the newer (i9 or something) is not needed right now.. lol, lets just say "It's a preference to what you want to get and why."

You will buy the i5 because you think nothing needs an i7... I will buy a i7 because I like to future proof my computer so it will last awhile...
Church
Church
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:21 am

Church wrote:Yeah but then you would be like... get the i7 since the newer (i9 or something) is not needed right now.. lol, lets just say "It's a preference to what you want to get and why."

You will buy the i5 because you think nothing needs an i7... I will buy a i7 because I like to future proof my computer so it will last awhile...

I just believe right now for the price the i5 is a better chip than those it compares to...I know the i7 is a good chip, but I cannot see putting most of a budget into one yet...
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down