North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets get it started

+8
SainT
Stinger
Spyware
Warcat
Stoicblitzer
LoneWolf
Cosmo
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lets get it started  - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets get it started

Post by Souperior Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:52 pm

Welp I can help out with skins and such. Just message me on steam with watcha want and Ill have a go at it.
Souperior
Souperior
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:26 am

you guys make it sound like there needs to be an option in the script for everything...
euros have timeouts so that anybody can say, timeout, and then the admin running the match will call the time out. so as long as the timeouts do work in the script (if i remember correctly, they did a couple of days ago, not sure though) then it shouldn't be too much of a problem for that.
for warnings, all the admin has to do is type out @ WARNING : name : mm2... or something of that sort. no reason to get extreme with it because it's honestly not that big of a deal imo.
skins always seemed more of a hassle than they were worth. yes they're cool for a game, but using the standard skins is pleanty fine. spock has told me he has basically no time to do anything, so a new skinner would have to be found. soup says he can try, which would be fine, but you could start the league without the skins and just try to work them into the equation.
and you talk as if you have had no time to discuss this, and as if it all has to be covered in a LO meeting. in your last LO meeting, you decided upon basically nothing, 2 head admins, and then to act upon 2 rules from the past, which should have never been dropped to begin with.

and stinger, keep acting like i've never contributed to this league. it doesn't change what i know i've helped to do. and i don't need to point it out in front of others, or try to throw you under the bus in a public place like you have tried with me.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:11 am

I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus lol. I only say that you haven't done anything based on what ive seen / know.

Timeouts -> Only work if an admin manually pauses the game, therefor needs to be scripted.

Skins -> We aren't going to have any skins from Spock as far as I know. He told me yesterday he does not have the time / want to do them.

Warnings -> Not sure how warnings work with the soccer mod script, but its pretty efficient for us to script an updated ref menu from SSL Season 5

LO Meeting -> Wasn't meant to be a big meeting, but we have what should be a huge one tonight
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:51 am

and as far as dates, that's not a huge problem either, only depending on what is decided for days of the week that they will be played (tues-thurs-sat, so on) and when the league will actually be started, which is a toss up as far as how things are going, but the EARLIEST i would see this getting started would be Nov. 16th (tuesday)
if so, this could be the tentative schedule

schedule:
1v2, 3v4 November 16
5v6, 2v3 November 18
1v4, 3v5 November 20
2v6, 4v5 November 23 (2 days before thanksgiving in USA, so could be pushed back)
Thanksgiving, USA, (November 25)
4v6, 1v3 November 27 (2 days after thanksgiving, again could push back)
1v5, 2v4 November 30
2v5, 1v6 December 2
3v6 December 4

round 1 over

1v2, 3v4 December 7
5v6, 2v3 December 9
1v4, 3v5 December 11
2v6, 4v5 December 14
4v6, 1v3 December 16
1v5, 2v4 December 18
i honestly wouldn't put any games between here and new years eve for vacation, and family purposes, but one could be thrown in on the 20th (Saturday)
2v5, 1v6 December 20
3v6 December 20, this could be just thrown in with the other 2 games on the 20th, and wouldn't be a big deal for most people

round 2 over

1v2, 3v4 January 6 (starting here would be better because people might be traveling home or whatever after new years)
5v6, 2v3 January 8
1v4, 3v5 January 11
2v6, 4v5 January 13
4v6, 1v3 January 15
1v5, 2v4 January 18
2v5, 1v6 January 20
3v6 January 22

round 3 over

idk how playoffs will be done, so i'm not worrying about that
and of course, you could change when the teams play each other during rounds. so switch 3v6 with 2v4 for example and do that for some of the games

that one took 8 minutes

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:34 pm

Ive already got a schedule made (just need to insert dates after tonights LO meeting). Was done it yesterday lol.. but thanks for helpin.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:16 pm

all i'm proving is that you act like this should take until january because the stuff will take FOREVER to decide and act upon, when most of it is basic.
as i said, just have players tell the ref they need a timeout, and have the ref call it for them as soon as they clear the ball past their half so discretion isn't needed. this would be because i could call a timeout when the ball is in my goal box, just like the old days when it was first made. unless the old script now works when it won't allow it to be called within the 18 yard box.
skins aren't necessary, you can distinguish between both teams with the pug skins, they're fine.
and why worry about warnings, just have the ref tell the server what the infraction was, and announce it so players know what they did

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Uhh I said a bit to get the season going... a bit isn't 2 full months. Im saying a week at most for everything to be completely set up :/
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by beerhelmet Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:54 pm

No one previously said anything about January, but a lot of people have been yelling NOW NOW NOW...

Just keep in mind that we also want to start the season asap, but we need to make sure things are done properly.
beerhelmet
beerhelmet
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:17 pm

The warning thing really need no revisions at all. Just need to be cleared up what is "warningable." You can make your own custom warning (i.e ref menu -> warn player -> whoever -> Create Custom Warning -> type warning.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:36 pm

We'll see what happens at the LO meeting tonight, but im hoping the rule goes to the ref just records major infractions and then posts them after the match is over :O (my vote only if there isn't a script to work with)
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: