North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4v4 Server Removed

+4
Dill
Shadow
scop3r
Stinger
8 posters

Go down

4v4 Server Removed Empty 4v4 Server Removed

Post by Stinger Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:48 pm

I have decided to get rid of the PSL 4v4 server. There was many reasons to do this, but the main ones was activity and cost (I would have cancelled the server before the next payment in Febuary). However, this server has been changed and upgraded to a 12 slot to act as another pug server. This server is named 'Stinger's No Bullshit Server', and thats what I hope it ends up being.

About the new server :

- Both 4v4 and 6v6, as well as random pug maps like volleyball / futurball / waterpolo.
- Admins will be hand-picked by me.
- No list of rules. The only rule is the admin makes the rules. There will be more detail on this under this list.
- It will use some PSL scripts, but it will have a different feel (maybe different skins, some different scripts, etc.)
- Uses sourcemod instead of mani admin. Provides a lot more customization and cool features we can use. Admins now type sm_admin in console to bring up the menu.
- A steam group is used to give admin. Whoever is in the steam group called "Stinger's Server Admins" will have admin. You must be in this group to have admin as it is authenticated from the group itself.
- Sourcebans (hopefully). Thanks to Meh, this server will be using sourcebans... For those who don't know what that is, its just a nice and simple ban management system.
- The server will be cancelled early February unless it is a major success.

Admins make the rules

Since this server is only meant to be a test server, I have decided to try having the admins completely run the show. No 3891856913 page rulebook, just common sense and admin discretion. What I'd like to see is if admins can handle this power to make sound actions and decisions, without abusing their power. Of course players can 'challenge' an admins decision by talking to me.

4v4s in PSL

Until further notice, PSL will not have any 4v4s. This may change at any second though, whether it be allowing 4v4s in the 6v6 server or getting a 4v4 server again. But until then, the PSL will hold 6v6s and 4v4s can be played in any of the other 3 pug servers (Stinger's, Furtif's, Dragon's).
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

4v4 Server Removed Empty Re: 4v4 Server Removed

Post by scop3r Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Stinger wrote:- Both 4v4 and 6v6, as well as random pug maps like volleyball / futurball / waterpolo.

You should also add Handball

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:56 pm

or football Smile

Shadow
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:37 pm

I don't have either of those Sad If someone finds me a download for them, ill add them - But im not sure football will work without a mod? I might have the mods still though idk.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:39 am

Does anyone even use the PSL server anymore?

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:18 pm

No and I have a theory. Because it says Stinger's Server or w.e, ppl want to go in there when u shud be in the psl because thats the server we r going to use and tbh, stingers server's routing sux a hobos dick.
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:24 pm

No one seemed to have a problem with lag when it was called the 4v4 server. To be honest, I think it is more you guys just having problems not the actual server. Only a few people are having problems and some of them I know happen in both servers (ex. Lazer's and apparently now Danny's random fux up server lag).
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:21 pm

They are the exact same servers from the exact same company. If you have an issue with one, you probably have an issue with both.

All routing, lag spikes, timing out lag, etc. are either company or client specific problems, not server problems.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:06 am

Logically that would make sense...but it's still nfo rite? Razz

It's backwards for me. I have good routing in stinger's server and bad routing in psl.

Fatal
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 11 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:01 am

Fuck you fatal you dont even play anymore

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional