North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awards for Season 5

+2
Warcat
Spero
6 posters

Go down

Awards for Season 5 Empty Awards for Season 5

Post by Spero Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:00 pm

Season 3 and 4 the golden/silver/bronze boot/ball were given to the players with the highest goals and assists. I think these awards are fine, and should be kept. However there never was an award for Golden Winger/center, or anything to that effect. Stats don't lie but being a clutch and scoring the game winning point, or scoring on a good defence is somthing that I believe is overlooked. So as a suggestion, like the Defencemen awards, there should be a Winger/Center awards for Season 5.

I'm not trying to over glorify the offensive, all postions on the field are equally important. So on the same note, I think for saves GK's shoud be given two oppertunitys for awards, Most saves earning Golden/silver/bronze Glove. And votes for Golden/silver/bronze goalie. Defenders don't really have much to show for stats, so I was thinking keep the Gold/silver/bronze defensemen like previous seasons but give 2 golds 2 silvers and 2 bronzes.

So.. (gold/silver/bronze) Boot, Ball, Winger, Center, Defensemen(x 2), Goalie, Glove. - The ties for medals imo with the additonal medals should now have tie breakers..

The idea behind all this is really to give more people a chance to earn a medal and to be reconized for playing well in the season. I feel like this would give more room to vote on your favorite player and someone you have seen growth in durring the season. 24 medals in all, keep in mind there were alot of ties for medals so if you just do tie-breakers i think itll all work out. Just a friendly suggestion, not trying to force anything.

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Awards for Season 5 Empty Re: Awards for Season 5

Post by Warcat Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:09 pm

To be honest if we did do Golden Winger/Centre I think it would end up being the players who got the Gold Boot/Knife.

As for your other suggestions I think having saves apart from Gold Keeper is a good idea because someone could just be playing with bad defense that lets up a lot of shots so they get more opportunities to save. But I'm not really fully understanding what you mean by 2 golds, 2 silvers, 2 bronzes. Do you just mean give 6 medals overall for defensemen?
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:25 pm

I respectfully disagree for the wing/center, teams that pad stats could possibly get the golden boot/ball award.. and just because you have the most points it doesn't make you the best at that postion. Nothing against you or your opinion, its just how I feel. If you beat up on a weaker team and rack up a bunch of points, thats fine (mercy rule is going to help a bit) but I dont think that should determine who is the best.

Reguards to the defensemen medals, ya 6 overall. Maybe Gold, Gold (RU), Silver, Silver (RU)... ect. Not sure the best way to incorprate that but in some way shape or form, 6 medals for defense.

Again, just suggestions, ideas, and not trying to force anything.

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by panda Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:56 pm

Depending on who votes for them, I agree with Kitty that golden boot would go in hand with gold center/wing. I do think defense/goalie deserve more attention though.
panda
panda
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:02 pm

So is season 5 going to go without awards?

If by chance awards do come out, I have an idea for the defense awards. Basicly a left Gold Silver and Bronze and Right Defensemen Gold Silver and Bronze. And then Defensemen of the Season. 7 from 3 defensive medals.

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:54 pm

Spero wrote:So is season 5 going to go without awards?

If by chance awards do come out, I have an idea for the defense awards. Basicly a left Gold Silver and Bronze and Right Defensemen Gold Silver and Bronze. And then Defensemen of the Season. 7 from 3 defensive medals.

Extremely creative. I'd like to know how you came up with such an idea?

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Milkman Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Season 5 will not have awards. I hadn't much haste publishing the LO meeting results because of some dilemmas. They are now posted and cover this but I will go into more detail as to why there wont be awards.

When we talked about it, it came down to one major thing. None of us felt that we had a good reference in our memory of season 5 to properly determine awards. It just feels so irrelevant at this point that it's a lost cause.

It also would bottleneck our progression towards season 6 greatly.

Please consider that there were no awards in season 2 also.
Milkman
Milkman
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

http://ryanseacrest.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoicblitzer Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:56 pm

why are you so adamant about these awards, spero?

Stoicblitzer
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down