North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 2 Playoff Format

+10
m1tch
Spock
Nad
meh
Cosmo
Skyrim
Warcat
Ja_Zam
sh4rpsh00t3r
Stinger
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Season 2 Playoff Format - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 2 Playoff Format

Post by Stinger Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:26 pm

We are not saying that we are not planning on doing things like that (I personally want a draft league). And yes, you were removed from LO because we voted on it when you went AFK during a meeting Smile Even with your 10 hours, you COULD help the league in some way, but you choose not to, which is fine, but that kinda throws away your right to criticize us.

Regardless of the forum bantering, your opinion has been heard. In the end Season 3 will be make or break imo. I see a lot of changes coming, it will just depend if we can get over the hump, since we will probably have to rely on the vets for another season before the flow of new players is steady.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spock Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Stinger wrote:We are not saying that we are not planning on doing things like that (I personally want a draft league). And yes, you were removed from LO because we voted on it when you went AFK during a meeting Smile Even with your 10 hours, you COULD help the league in some way, but you choose not to, which is fine, but don't criticize us then.

Regardless of the forum bantering, your opinion has been heard. In the end Season 3 will be make or break imo. I see a lot of changes coming, it will just depend if we can get over the hump, since we will probably have to rely on the vets for another season before the flow of new players is steady.

Show me the vote. I distinctly remember you and I having a conversation about me stepping down voluntarily. Even then it's irrelevant to the discussion.

What do you suppose I would do with my 10 hours other than coming on here and giving my opinion? (Which I've already done)

Last edited by Spock on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spock
Spock
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:33 pm

The vote was done in vent. The only proof that could be brought up is the LOs that voted on it posting about it, but as you said its irrelevant.

10 hours is more then enough to bring in a new player here and there, or helping out a new player that already exists in the league. I am not saying that this is expected of you, or anyone, but im saying if someone REALLY REALLY REALLY cared for new people and to help out they would do something with their 10 hours.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:12 pm

I seem to remember being in this same situation as you Spock. There is no winning this battle, and people will use personal attacks on you, it's inevitable.

Even if you don't want to agree with him, he is definitely right. This happens every season, a new team gets started with players mostly from a Pub server (i.e. Noob Galore), and proceeds to get demolished. Players from said team start to drop off and stop playing. Then the ones that commit and actually enjoy the game, keep playing and proceed to gain skills. Then they see their opportunity, and go off to one of the better teams, leaving said new team (which has usually died by this time) with one less more-skilled player. It's a cycle. More credit to Fate and Raptor, or whatever he's changed his name to by the time i post this, for actually sticking with it and trying to better himself and his team.

And to start criticizing somebody who has put MORE than their fair share of time and effort into helping the league to progress and develop (Spock), is simply absurd. He has helped develop this league from the beginning, lead and ran teams, recruited and helped train new players, became an LO (for as brief or unsuccessful as may have possibly been), made skins season after season, continues to make maps for the league to use. So calling out one of this community's more dedicated and historically loyal members isn't the way he deserves to be treated. Especially since what he is doing, is trying to actually help make the league better. Just because a person can't play a video game as much as someone else, doesn't merit abuse from others.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:33 pm

K I GOT THIS FELLAS

Spocker, uver made beast maps nice skins and have helped me through out css. However, I haven't personally seen you do anything except that.

LOs- as a member of the league i would love to know the plans about season three so you can get prepared for it a lot easier.

To the whole lets get new people thing and new teams, every time we get new people everyone talks shit to them. Or they think it's some one else's steam account. If the PSL wants new people, we could get a second server, but we need help from the community. Like KC said, everyone can help the league, either with donations or ideas. Having said that though, if we do get a server, it will have competition with noob galore. To be honest you can't point fingers at anyone for the league and for teams. The current LOs besides like two have put in a shit load of work and making big deals out of the league is kinda like saying that their work is shit. It takes a lot of time to run a league with only three good LOs that will put in like ten hours of work. And tbh, no one other than like select group of people in the PSL are actually committed to it, therefore it will take longer to get stuffs done.

VVVV its true
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Amen Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:13 pm

Ya i agree with having max 10 ppl per team. Draft is needed. Spock has done more for league than most. ez

Amen
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:35 pm

I was not trying to say that Spock has done nothing in the past, Im saying he isn't right now. This is when the times are tougher then ever and some people just don't seem to be stepping up (not saying this towards Spock, as I mean LOs as a whole).
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:11 pm

To be honest in my opinion having a team that gets thrashed every season
may not seem to be doing much, but really it is better than spreading
on the less skilled players on even teams where they will get little to
no playing time.

Look at LFS season 4 for example. We never won a single match that
season, we got trashed every game, but now players that were on that
team are better because of it. Me, Kok and Candy's first team were all
LFS season 4. But at the same time I see the argument against it, not
every player will deal with losing 15 straight games and try to get
better.

We are kind of between a rock and a hard place here. A draft is kind of
like communism, it sounds good at first but once it is put into action
it may not be as successful as it sounds. But it's true I wouldn't mind
trying a draft, but you have to think if this is really going to help
at all.

Spock's theory and the draft theory both even contradict themselves, Spock was saying that the less played players will eventually lose interest from not being played. And it's bullshit to say that some players might sit themselves in favor of letting another player play, it happens every season winning becomes more important and almost everyone (including me I admit) can account to this at one point or another.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Amen Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Warcat wrote:

Spock's theory and the draft theory both even contradict themselves, Spock was saying that the less played players will eventually lose interest from not being played. And it's bullshit to say that some players might sit themselves in favor of letting another player play, it happens every season winning becomes more important and almost everyone (including me I admit) can account to this at one point or another.

How is it bullshit saying that there are people who are willing to sit to let others play? There are probly many ppl who are willing to do this.

Amen
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:02 pm

Probably, but I have only seen few actually do it. And I'm not just talking about sitting against teams you know you will win against, seeing how there will really be no teams like that if there is a draft league, every match will be competitive.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:09 pm

The Indoor Soccer League needs to get started up. That would be the best way to get newer players to get in games.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:51 pm

Ya but indoor dosent help you at 6v6 at all. just makes u snipe and that doesn't work in matches. 4v4 is not good at all
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:20 am

Cosmo wrote:just makes u snipe and that doesn't work in matches.
I beg to differ. flower
LoneWolf
LoneWolf
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 15 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:44 am

Fuck your flower!!! clown
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:05 am

LoneWolf wrote:
I beg to differ. flower
Epic.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:50 am

Now that I think about it why don't we at least consider merging the idea of the draft league with what we currently have?

Since we now have player tiers, it would be possible to allow teams to form on their own but set limits to the number of tier 3s, tier 2s, and tier 1s per team. This way players would still be able to play with who they want, but also ensure that teams are much better balanced.

We could set the cap to 3 or 4 tier 3's per team, 5 tier 2's, and 4 tier 1's. (I'm just throwing numbers out there based upon the percentage breakdown of the tiers).

TBH I would be more happy with this kind of system than a draft league, but either is a step in the right direction to leveling the league playing field.

EDIT: I see a flaw in this if players are stubborn and refuse to play for teams that have available slots for their tier... IDK how much of an issue that would actually be though

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:22 am

I think I like that better than the draft idea. Because I don't like the idea of forcing players to play with each other. Many people either secretly, or more often openly hate certain players and forcing those two people to be on a team wouldn't float very well.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Amen Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:46 pm

max 9 or 10 per team.

Amen
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:07 pm

LoneWolf wrote:
I beg to differ. flower

ya well ur just special i guess flower sunny farao rendeer Sleep drunken bom santa queen pig pig rabbit confused affraid Basketball cat alien pale tongue pirat Wink study king farao
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:21 pm

The Indoor League isn't really meant to be for new players to get a lot better. Although I can only see it helping, because it's still playing competitively. But the idea for it is more based on trying to re-spark the interest level within the community, and with players who don't play anymore. I know i've talked to many former ssL players about the ISL, and they said they would definitely want to participate.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Amen Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:51 pm

Maybe try running an outdoor and indoor league at the same time?

Amen
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by m1tch Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:08 pm

pig cosmo u put the pig twice in there pig
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:05 pm

pig
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Amen wrote:Maybe try running an outdoor and indoor league at the same time?

This could possibly be done.. Being that we already have 3 game days per week, if we took one of the reg season game days and replaced it with an indoor league day it might be nice! Plus it mixes things up a little bit, however managing them both is our problem!

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2