North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP refuses to play against LZR

+16
Spero
scop3r
Warcat
Audacity
Michael V
Ja_Zam
Dill
SainT
Premade
Furtif
LoneWolf
Free
Spock
Stinger
Forty
meh
20 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

OP refuses to play against LZR - Page 4 Empty Re: OP refuses to play against LZR

Post by Dill Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:17 am

They (members of the PSL) start shit, it's our job (LOs) to stop it....not to add fuel to the fire.

There are a # of LO's on right now that could have locked the topic tbh though. I personally didn't because I was quite curious as to where it was heading. In retrospect, after the personal attacks started to roll in we probably should have stopped it there.

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

OP refuses to play against LZR - Page 4 Empty Re: OP refuses to play against LZR

Post by Dill Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:18 am

Did anyone watch my fucking link? Man that movie was epic.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:18 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]HAHA reverse troll face!
LoneWolf
LoneWolf
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 15 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:19 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:20 am

LoneWolf wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:Didn't know a 24-1 victory is much worse than a 16-0 victory, you can't say much in that regard...
Actually I can. I didn't give my team instructions to have a free for all for stat padding. I was constantly rotating my lineup to try to put my players at a disadvantage to slow down the onset of goals. Right around goal 8 or so I knew it was getting out of hand and started trying to make adjustments to prevent it getting too crazy. Team #OP hadn't had a single team practice yet and really weren't prepared regardless of who was on D or C or W or G. But regardless of my efforts, it did get up to 16 goals, which immediately afterward I apologized to Meh for. Like Stinger said, we're not going to start purposefully missing the net. But that doesn't mean I keep my absolute best offense on the field the entire game and constantly and purposefully try to drive up the score for that oh-so-important 4th tie breaker of goal differentials and the even more important season statistics.

Lonewolf wrote:We gave them some positiveness in a goal for them in their first 3 games that the other two teams didn't give.
Yeah your 1 goal really made the difference for them. They are perfectly fine now that it was 24-1 instead of 24-0. Oh wait...
Did this mindfuck anyone else? I'm guessing this is Dill's post but for some reason it showed that Lone posted it.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:22 am

I'm with SainT on this... one match against OP isn't enough to make a team's chemistry disappear. It's not like we have to sit there and practice for 30 minutes after we pick teams in pugs so we know how each other plays in certain positions. There is no reason for running up the score like that. Goal differential is a bullshit reason. There are 10 games being played, and a +40 after 3 games is unnecessary. Professional athletes don't run up scores, and they're paid to actually play the game. We're supposed to have fun. Running the score up that much is not fun in any case, and if you try to justify it, you know you're lying.

Show some class

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:23 am

Edit and Quote right next to each other FTL. : /
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:23 am

Dill wrote:They (members of the PSL) start shit, it's our job (LOs) to stop it....not to add fuel to the fire.

There are a # of LO's on right now that could have locked the topic tbh though. I personally didn't because I was quite curious as to where it was heading. In retrospect, after the personal attacks started to roll in we probably should have stopped it there.

I gotta say I'm tired of people putting us on pedestals when it benefits them, but when it comes to respect people treat us like shit and like slaves to this league. The whole "I expect more of you" "Its LO jobs to stop things rather than start things" etc, is such horseshit. We are still people and are still subject to people getting under our skin. Regardless of what people have said in this topic, I feel I acted accordingly in this topic. I barely said anything attacking Meh until he brought in personal shit. Sure 2 wrongs don't make a right, but I'm sure as hell not gonna sit here and take abuse.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:25 am

Warcat wrote:
LoneWolf wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:Didn't know a 24-1 victory is much worse than a 16-0 victory, you can't say much in that regard...
Actually I can. I didn't give my team instructions to have a free for all for stat padding. I was constantly rotating my lineup to try to put my players at a disadvantage to slow down the onset of goals. Right around goal 8 or so I knew it was getting out of hand and started trying to make adjustments to prevent it getting too crazy. Team #OP hadn't had a single team practice yet and really weren't prepared regardless of who was on D or C or W or G. But regardless of my efforts, it did get up to 16 goals, which immediately afterward I apologized to Meh for. Like Stinger said, we're not going to start purposefully missing the net. But that doesn't mean I keep my absolute best offense on the field the entire game and constantly and purposefully try to drive up the score for that oh-so-important 4th tie breaker of goal differentials and the even more important season statistics.

Lonewolf wrote:We gave them some positiveness in a goal for them in their first 3 games that the other two teams didn't give.
Yeah your 1 goal really made the difference for them. They are perfectly fine now that it was 24-1 instead of 24-0. Oh wait...
Did this mindfuck anyone else? I'm guessing this is Dill's post but for some reason it showed that Lone posted it.
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
LoneWolf
LoneWolf
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:27 am

scop3r wrote:they're paid to actually play the game. We're supposed to have fun.

They also get paid to win.
Free
Free
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:28 am

scop3r wrote:I'm with SainT on this... one match against OP isn't enough to make a team's chemistry disappear. It's not like we have to sit there and practice for 30 minutes after we pick teams in pugs so we know how each other plays in certain positions. There is no reason for running up the score like that. Goal differential is a bullshit reason. There are 10 games being played, and a +40 after 3 games is unnecessary. Professional athletes don't run up scores, and they're paid to actually play the game. We're supposed to have fun. Running the score up that much is not fun in any case, and if you try to justify it, you know you're lying.

Show some class

Its not about keeping chemistry, its about making it, as all new teams have to. And yes, professional athletes may not do that, but I think thats where the issue lies because theres 2 ways to see it. Some people see it as running up the score ruins the game, but for others scoring goals and trying your hardest is what makes it fun. I think we all know people play this game for fun, just have different methods of having fun. You are a perfect example for this Scoper as from what I have seen you just enjoy playing and messing around to have fun (which is fine so I don't say anything), but theres also people that get called the 'tryhards' because they obtain their fun by being competitive and trying to win games. We just gotta accept people have different reasons, and this was definitely a clash of different reasons to play.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:29 am

Yes, and they try to win. And yet... they still don't run up the score.

And there is no fun in a 24-1 beatdown...

Last edited by scop3r on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:30 am

You are going to sit there and take the abuse. It would have stayed private if you hadn't brought it public. All I did was post saying that I refuse to put my players on the field if LZR is just going to stat pad against us.

If you were the type of person you pretend to be you would have just accepted that. I mean it's less work for you! But look what happened. You pissed me the fuck off and I tore you apart. I'm not proud of it either, but hey when I rage, I rage hard.

I probably do deserve to be banned, but it wouldn't matter because I'm going to stay off steam for a little while. However if I am banned, I would like it to be put up to vote that Stinger is forced from his position as an LO. He is just as guilty as me and has demonstrated that he can't even handle 1 player on his own forum.

Also look at warcat, he did nothing more then play good defense and he's apologizing. You are the captain, and when I called you out on your blatant stat padding you ignored me. I gave you advise and you didn't take it. All the while no changes were made despite me being very fucking clear that I was pissed. I don't have anything against LZR and I like your team. I just don't like you.

Last edited by meh on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:31 am

How is it horseshit? Sad We make the rules that govern this league and when it comes to our public forum who else will enforce those rules if not us?

Yea he got under your skin, but there are multiple other LO's reading this topic and I just think one of us should of had some insight and stopped this before it got as far as it did. There's a reason CR7 and 'old' Furtif were not voted LO's - we are in fact held to a higher standard and that's how it should be. (IMHO)

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:36 am

scop3r wrote:Yes, and they try to win. And yet... they still don't run up the score.
Apparently you didn't see the bruins dominate the leafs 8-0.. why wouldn't they run the score up when it's the point of the game to win. Sure this isn't proffesional sports but sure seems dumb to purposefully let up for another team that was made to just gain experience and practice. You get better by playing against the best of the other teams.
LoneWolf
LoneWolf
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:42 am

But what you're missing is that the Leafs are another professional team. They have professionals that get paid (probably more since it's the LoLeafs) just like the Bruins. This situation calls for more of a Professional team playing a U-17 team. It's not fair to pound on them when they're trying to learn and just get some playing time.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:43 am

meh wrote:You are going to sit there and take the abuse. It would have stayed private if you hadn't brought it public. All I did was post saying that I refuse to put my players on the field if LZR is just going to stat pad against us.

Umm.. Are you deprived of sleep and can't remember? Lets look at allllll the stuff you said before I made any post on this topic. Id take a lot from people on steam, but when people come on the forums to further their bitching, obviously im gonna post where everything is coming from.

LZR only wishes to stat pad against the developmental team in case as Stinger put it "goal differentials come into play". This is pathetic and LZR should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. OP refuses to play any matches against LZR for the remainder of the season.

=======================================

You're absolutely right Forty. I feel like I've been stabbed in the back after all the initial support I had for this team.

No class.

10:08 PM - Harold T. Wilkins: if you guys are stat padding then go fuck yourselfs
10:23 PM - Harold T. Wilkins: i would of expected better from you
10:23 PM - Harold T. Wilkins: shut up
10:23 PM - Harold T. Wilkins: go fuck yourself
10:27 PM - Harold T. Wilkins: and im pissed at you for not stepping up and being a fucking man
10:31 PM - Harold T. Wilkins: go fuck yourself
10:31 PM - Harold T. Wilkins: in the end all you are is an overly competitive nerd who doesn't actually give a fucking shit about the league

meh wrote:You pissed me the fuck off and I tore you apart. I'm not proud of it either, but hey when I rage, I rage hard.

Again, don't flatter yourself. You seem to think there is a win or lose in this argument lol. You didn't get under my skin until you dropped to the lowest level anyone ever has in this league. You make CR7 and your old script abusing self look like an angel.

meh wrote:I probably do deserve to be banned, but it wouldn't matter because I'm going to stay off steam for a little while. However if I am banned, I would like it to be put up to vote that Stinger is forced from his position as an LO. He is just as guilty as me and has demonstrated that he can't even handle 1 player on his own forum.

We're both up for vote to be banned (I guess). There is no topic for my removal as LO, but hey if it happens it happens. I've said I'm not gonna roll over and let you constantly talk shit and not defend myself. So if the LOs feel the best thing for the league is to remove me as LO so be it but I still won't stop defending myself.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:44 am

just checked the forums, holy shit.. lol

Being a part of the game and in vent, there were no instructions to run up the score, no trash talk, in fact we were told not to steal kick-off when we could have.

If you wanted us to ease up and put stinger and lone d or bench or whatever, then maybe before the game started, did you ever think about asking us to take it easy? Cant read minds....

Before the game started we had no idea what to expect, no idea how much you worked with your team, whos showing up, and i have seen tons of upsets in the short time ive been playing.

Attacking stinger publicly like this was wrong, if you had a problem with him or with LZR you should have addressed it with us, you could have done a whole lot more as a coach IMO.

Im sure it sucks getting blown out but instead of slandering your "friend/s" why dont you learn from this, its all about devolping the new players, so why dont you try communicating what you have in mind to everyone. VS losing and raging.

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:57 am

Stinger wrote:
meh wrote:You are going to sit there and take the abuse. It would have stayed private if you hadn't brought it public. All I did was post saying that I refuse to put my players on the field if LZR is just going to stat pad against us.

Umm.. Are you deprived of sleep and can't remember? Lets look at allllll the stuff you said before I made any post on this topic. Id take a lot from people on steam, but when people come on the forums to further their bitching, obviously im gonna post where everything is coming from.

LZR only wishes to stat pad against the developmental team in case as Stinger put it "goal differentials come into play". This is pathetic and LZR should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. OP refuses to play any matches against LZR for the remainder of the season.

You're absolutely right Forty. I feel like I've been stabbed in the back after all the initial support I had for this team.

No class.

10:08 PM - Harold T. Wilkins: if you guys are stat padding then go fuck yourselfs
10:23 PM - Harold T. Wilkins: i would of expected better from you
10:23 PM - Harold T. Wilkins: shut up
10:23 PM - Harold T. Wilkins: go fuck yourself
10:27 PM - Harold T. Wilkins: and im pissed at you for not stepping up and being a fucking man
10:31 PM - Harold T. Wilkins: go fuck yourself
10:31 PM - Harold T. Wilkins: in the end all you are is an overly competitive nerd who doesn't actually give a fucking shit about the league

meh wrote:You pissed me the fuck off and I tore you apart. I'm not proud of it either, but hey when I rage, I rage hard.

Again, don't flatter yourself. You seem to think there is a win or lose in this argument lol. You didn't get under my skin until you dropped to the lowest level anyone ever has in this league. You make CR7 and your old script abusing self look like an angel.

meh wrote:I probably do deserve to be banned, but it wouldn't matter because I'm going to stay off steam for a little while. However if I am banned, I would like it to be put up to vote that Stinger is forced from his position as an LO. He is just as guilty as me and has demonstrated that he can't even handle 1 player on his own forum.

We're both up for vote to be banned (I guess). There is no topic for my removal as LO, but hey if it happens it happens. I've said I'm not gonna roll over and let you constantly talk shit and not defend myself. So if the LOs feel the best thing for the league is to remove me as LO so be it but I still won't stop defending myself.

Yeah I had a goddamn good reason for talking the shit I did to you. And you should have just fucking sat there and taken it because you did the fucking wrong thing. "Wahhhh wahhhh, mommy I punched my friend and he told me to go fuck myself!"

I sank to the lowest level possible because that's what it takes to expose you. I know full well how it makes me look in doing so but hey, I'm ok with that. You're no sacred prince stinger. In fact your one of the most pathetic people I know on steam, and it bothers me to see you prance around with your smug arrogance. You're no better then I am, the only difference is you told me more about yourself then you should have and I didn't.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:08 am

And yet your the one offended when I say we weren't friends? Your posts don't line up. You can keep 'exposing my lack of princeness' all you want, but in the end Ill keep doing what I can to help this league and all the ragers / people that don't see eye to eye with me can either suck it up or quit due to not liking 1 of 7 managers of the league (or try and get me removed like you)

I realize this topic is actually a waste of my time because even your own teammates dont agree with you man :/ But hey, you say its just about exposing me. But the sad truth is ive never claimed any of the stuff your saying im pretending to be, I even admitted that I couldve done more as a captain to keep the game closer, which is what your point was, no? It was still my choice if I wanted to or not though. And like I said in the interview you did of me before the season even started, its becoming more and more of a competition to me to win.

I'm willing to agree to disagree simply because weve gotten our points out to the public eye, and yet we are no closer to resolving the issue. We can hate and post all we want, but we'll never resolve this. So might as well move on.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibracadabra Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:18 am

hi
Ibracadabra
Ibracadabra
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Quick Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:22 am

This has turned into a giant war between Stinger and Meh for no reason. Nobody has even asked any of the "developmental players" how they felt about this in these forums. Stinger steam messaged me for my opinion, but everyone else is too busy flaming each other on here to even care about the true topic at hand.

Getting my ass handed to me sucked, not gonna lie. However, the only way to get better is to play people better than you. The asswhoopin hurt, but this flame war has turned me off of soccer more than getting stomped.

There are ***STILL*** LO's reading this and not shutting it down... I don't understand it.. This should be locked right now. I did not join this league to be involved in the nerd jersey shore.. I hate drama.

Since I assume tonight is probably the end of OP, and definently the end for my desire to continue without a captain, how do I go about transfering to another team or something of that nature?

Quick
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 2 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:24 am

Doesn't make sense for it to be the end of OP. But if it does end it / hurt it in any way, the good news is we have free agents that may be willing to take players spots that aren't willing to continue with the team.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:27 am

Stinger wrote:
I'm willing to agree to disagree simply because weve gotten our points out to the public eye, and yet we are no closer to resolving the issue. We can hate and post all we want, but we'll never resolve this. So might as well move on.

I'm just going to continue to respond to everything you say, so if this is such a waste of your time then stop posting. What happened is that you drew blood and didn't like the blowback. So you will fucking sit there and take it.

What my team thinks is that they didn't enjoy our match. What they don't agree with is how I responded. That's fine, that's on me. I feel bad for everybody that has to read this and see such a nasty side of me but you brought it upon yourself. You just didn't deserve for it to be said on the forums. But hey the cat's out of the bag, I'm the boogie man now and you're just pathetic.

And yeah I did think we were friends, it's funny how these things turn out. But hey the least important match of the season means more to you than that so I don't feel that much was lost.

Like I said I hope you win and I'm glad your doing as much as you can for this league. But don't think for a second you're the only one who's invested in it. I don't spend time recruiting in NG and helping out and sticking up for the new players for shits & giggles. But the sad truth is as long as the top man is here only for himself, no matter what is done this league will only get worse. Just look at how you reacted to this. It's pretty laughable in retrospect. You can't control one raging player on a public forum that you run because you can't stand the idea of looking bad to this community. You had to be the top dog and instead you've only showed that it's probably about time you did move on and make something of yourself worthy of your arrogance.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:07 am

Lol.. I responded in rage when you publicly said stuff about my family - other then that what did I say that was so offensive to you? I mean you act like proud that you got under my skin and made me pissed, like im some fucking impossible boss level on some game and you just won it or something. I don't see how you are proud of anything you said in this thread (I know i'm not), especially since you thought we were friends lol.

You also seem to have this impression of me that im trying to be Mr. perfect which is definitely not the case. I admitted that I could've done more to keep the game close as well, but that is me as a captain, not as a LO. And no I don't think I'm the only one who invested in the league. I know people have donated, I know people have done behind the scenes stuff that doesn't get acknowledged, I know that multiple people have put work into this league, I know there is other LOs that put work into this league as well, but I also know I have as well. Saying im portraying myself to be Mr. Perfect LO is not a self-appointed title, I've never said anything along those lines. So I guess its almost a compliment that you think that needs to be proven since thats basically saying some people think I am? IDK, But I will say I find it funny how we go from 'friends' and someone youd stick up for to 'the most pathetic guy on steam' etc, etc, because of 1 disagreement. Either we both just really pissed really fast or some lying has been done.

Not sure what your trying to accomplish anymore tbh. The match is long gone, the rage well has run dry on both our parts, and anyone who reads this can definitely form a strong opinion either way on this. If someone was judging me just off this thread then thatd just be saying something bad about themselves so I wouldn't care anyways. Anyone who isn't 5 should be able to understand people have disagreements and you should still form your own opinion of that person before you dislike / like them. And you say I 'drew first blood' or whatever, but I don't see how playing a match hard is backstabbing / drawing first blood / any of the analogies you've used throughout this thread. It should've be no more than a disagreement, not a full-fledged rage fest because we're playing this season for different reasons. I fully support the idea of OP and always will, but from my understanding they signed up for a development team in a league setting. Looking back (its always easier), there we're better options. We could've had a training group rather than a team for it. So people get the training while maintaining the competition level of the league as well as giving everyone a fair chance to win.

=====Conclusion / My last post unless I absolutely have to post again======

Tell you what, I'll add you tomorrow night on steam. You can accept or decline or keep me blocked, which ever you choose, but if you choose to accept im willing to hash this out man to man because honestly, I think we're both mature enough to handle it in private once we have cooled down a bit. I won't be doing this as an LO either, or as a team captain, but as a player. If you aren't willing to try then I got nothing left to say. No reason to rage quit either way though tbh.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next