North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll - Season 4

+14
Warcat
panda
SainT
Ja_Zam
Fatal
Pride
m1tch
Forty
Dill
Bazooka Joe
beerhelmet
Cosmo
Spero
Stinger
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you want for season 4?

Poll - Season 4 Vote_lcap6%Poll - Season 4 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Poll - Season 4 Vote_lcap42%Poll - Season 4 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 13 ]
Poll - Season 4 Vote_lcap32%Poll - Season 4 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 10 ]
Poll - Season 4 Vote_lcap19%Poll - Season 4 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 31

Poll - Season 4 Empty Poll - Season 4

Post by Stinger Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:22 pm

What type of season would you guys like to see for season 4? Feel free to make posts to try and persuade voters! Draft season is what we just had, and would most likely be similar to it, and regular season means teams form on their own.

Note : The outcome of this vote does not necessarily mean it will be that type of season, but will definitely factor into it.

Last edited by Stinger on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Poll - Season 4 Empty Re: Poll - Season 4

Post by Spero Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:36 pm

I'm considering the draft season, maybe with a few modifications and a longer preseason to allow for more trades. (just my opinion) Either way I just wanna be around for another season.

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:08 pm

heres the problem. If we have a reg season, ppl bitch about teams instead of working to beat that team. If there is a draft season, no one will want to play if u dont like ur cptain. regular season is better imo though
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:25 pm

Its not just the captain, its the skill of the team + who else is on the team. Not to mention there is a fair bit of players that just want to play with certain people.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by beerhelmet Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:40 pm

Personally I feel that some sort of middle ground may be best. I think we should have at least a sign up sheet with the notification like: If you cannot make ~80% of games on whatever schedule we use (in the past it has always been Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays) then you should not sign up.

If we do a draft season I think all of the captains/leaders should be eager, newer players, that have some knowledge of who is who. Or maybe all the captains/leaders should not be able to play and just manage the team. I know these ideas are not necessarily feasible, but unless we do something about the foundation for teams in seasons to put things more level there will be problems down the road. The biggest complaint I received about last year was that people who were picked low in the draft practically never got the chance to play and just gave up trying.
beerhelmet
beerhelmet
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:51 pm

put me as capt, ill run it like a nhl team. niggas gunna be benched
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:58 am

How about you get a core group of players, say 4 people on each team. The 4 core people are more experienced players, who want to play with one another. You could have 5 or 6 teams like this and then all the other people are thrown into a draft pool and are selected. The drafting order could be determined like last time. The most skilled group of players gets to draft last.

I think that is more so meeting in the middle. That way people can still play with the people they want to but at the same time integrating newer players into the league and keeping the teams more fair.

I think the times/days for this season should be discussed before the season starts though.

If anyone could think of a better proposal than mine or expand upon it then go ahead.

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:09 am

I like the idea, but I think it comes down to what type of groups of 4 we get. Its a lot harder to balance teams with picks if the lowest skilled team is 4 bad-decent players while the highest skilled team is 4 good players.

It may also be difficult to find 6 groups of 4.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:59 am

I like BJ's idea...its a nice mix. We might not get 6 groups of 4, but I think we could get 4-5 groups of 4.

Just by extrapolating a few of the past teams, we could have something like:

DooM-ish core
One-ish core
LacesOut-ish core
Starfox-ish core
SvP-ish core

That'd make up 20 players...then add another 4-6 players per team via a public draft and we should have a pretty competitive season.

The only problem I see is that these "core" players are only 4 from previously established teams that consisted of 6 starters. Those other 2 previous starters might not wind up with the "core" they want. .....But then again, a draft would cause the exact same problem but to a worse extent I believe.

On the flip side, I highly doubt we'll be able to get a 5-team league if we do it the "regular" way.

With BJ's idea, you'll have a 4-man preformed core team with 4-6 (idk what the roster size limit will be, I guess it depends on how many sign up) drafted players. With the weakest core getting the advantage when it comes to the drafted players, I think things could even out nicely on the competitive front. On paper it seems like it could work and would actually be pretty fun IMO.

Ultimately I just like to play soccer and would probably participate in any form of a season the LO's come up with...it'd just be with a varying degree of interest depending on what is decided. This past draft season I didn't really care at all about....but it was still fun to show up and play a match though. Given our player base and what/who we have available to us, I think BJ's idea is really good for what we need.

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Wouldn't mind a draft, just to do commentary again

I'd likely do either, though I don't pug much now anyways :/
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:27 pm

tbh. those r beast core teams but i dont think everyone would agree to do so.
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by m1tch Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:10 pm

who are the doom core?
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:53 pm

I like bj's idea

I think the max limit of players on a team should be around 12.

That way if you need to recruit an agent, due to inactivity you dont have too boot someone from the roster.

So when the season starts everyone is maybe 10/12 so they have room to grow if they need

Also i think it would open things up if you could trade 2 players for 1 aswell, or 3 for 2

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by m1tch Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Why not take those two extra people from every team and make another team for more competition?
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Pride Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:15 pm

10 Teams of 6 tbh.
survival of the fittest.
the most active wins!

Pride
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:19 pm

Im just saying to raise the limit to 12 not that it is a requirement

maybe make the minimum 6 or 8?

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Yeah, nice idea BJ! That's not the exact idea I have brought up twice! afro

Fatal
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 11 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja_Zam Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:53 pm

I like BJ's idea, very good thought

Ja_Zam
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by SainT Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:02 pm

Spero wrote:Im just saying to raise the limit to 12 not that it is a requirement

maybe make the minimum 6 or 8?

6-8 players per team might work if there aren't dates set ahead of time for the matches.

SainT
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:16 am

Op sorry fatal, dont remember you suggesting that :O not saying you never have, just saying i dont remember.

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by panda Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:17 am

Agreed with BJ, having a draft with that many GMs would be awesome too.

And minimum 9 max 11 IMO.
panda
panda
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Anything under max 10 will absolutely fail if it is a draft/partial draft season. We had max 10 last season and it ended up in like 40% of the games being forfeited and screwing the entire playoffs up more or less. It might be able to be pulled off with a regular season, because that way captains will pick players that they know will be able to attend matches.

One thing I ask though, if we are doing a draft season at least attempted to come to at least 1/4 - 1/3 of the matches. There were several people that hardly showed up to 1 or 2 matches last season, a few even showed up to none. We even approached every single player making sure that they were going to go through with this before the draft, and not screw their team over by showing up to barely any matches, and everyone we talked to agreed.

So basically what I'm saying, if we do end up doing another draft, don't go signing up for it if you know you can barely attend any matches.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:26 pm

Warcat wrote:Anything under max 10 will absolutely fail if it is a draft/partial draft season. We had max 10 last season and it ended up in like 40% of the games being forfeited and screwing the entire playoffs up more or less. It might be able to be pulled off with a regular season, because that way captains will pick players that they know will be able to attend matches.

One thing I ask though, if we are doing a draft season at least attempted to come to at least 1/4 - 1/3 of the matches. There were several people that hardly showed up to 1 or 2 matches last season, a few even showed up to none. We even approached every single player making sure that they were going to go through with this before the draft, and not screw their team over by showing up to barely any matches, and everyone we talked to agreed.

So basically what I'm saying, if we do end up doing another draft, don't go signing up for it if you know you can barely attend any matches.

thats why I was thinking setting a cap at 12 would work out better, maybe even 13. not that you would need that many, but if you need to pick up more players due to inactivity you have the option

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by m1tch Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:35 pm

we should have the captains set up the matches and that will most likely solve the forfeit problem
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:20 pm

no it would cause more delay imo.
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast