North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goal Time with GhosT: Episode 2!

+8
Stinger
Spero
Dill
Stoicblitzer
Furtif
panda
bryy
GhosT
12 posters

Go down

Goal Time with GhosT: Episode 2! Empty Goal Time with GhosT: Episode 2!

Post by GhosT Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Goal Time with GhosT: Episode 2! Goalti10
Welcome to the second installment of
GOALTIME with GhosT
For those of you not familiar, this will be a weekly installment, released after all the week matches have been played, of me interviewing players and getting predictions from other players around the league. We will see how people differ in their predictions. I will also be interviewing a veteran player one week and then a newer player the next week. Hopefully to try and put some people in the spotlight, that more than likely wouldn't be put there.

This week I interviewed Quick, captain of Fuh-Q.

joel: Hey Quick, tell the readers a little about your team.
Quick: Well, I feel we have a very good team build. We have a mix of some vets as well as some rookies, all with different skill levels.

joel: What can we expect from Fuh-Q this season?
Quick: I think we will actually have a really good season. The team is extremely active and dedicated. With the make up of players we have, I expect quite a few wins. I believe everyone will see quite a bit of improvement toward the end of the season when we all play better as a unit.

joel: How do you think the first week went for your team?
Quick: Some would dissagree, but I believe it went rather well. Unfortunately Dragon's team had to end our match at half without enough players. The FWB match actually went rather well, it ended in a loss, yes, but the teamwork I observed with my team was amazing. We had a few random goals scored on us so we were unable to pull out the win, but I thought we played one hell of a game against a well seasoned team.

joel: This one comes from Panda: "How did the involvement from veterans Pazzini and Nad in your first match influence you? Was there anything you learned as a team even with the 5v6?"
Quick: Absolutely. I think Nad was a wonderful last minute addition for the team. He has a great experience base, as well as the skill to back it up. As for Pazzini, I've always seen him as a defensive player, but he really took charge as wing and put quite a few points on the board. I look forward to the opportunity to work with all of the vets on my team. I try to learn something new every day.

joel: Another one from Panda: "How did Toxic and Milk fair for their first official matches?"
Quick: Given the fact that Toxic was thrown together in such a short time, I think they did okay. It was by no means a blood bath, even having only five players. I think milk could step up as a decent addition to their team. From the limited amount I have seen from him, I think he gets frustrated a little early. I feel if he was able to curb that a little, he would be a valuable asset to the team.

joel: Did any particular players stand out to you in that first week? (On your team and others)
Quick: I would have to say the most underrated player in the PSL is Fresh. He consistently proves his ability to handle himself time and time again. This is the second season I have had the pleasure of being on his team, and I truthfully hope it isn't my last.

joel: Did any practicular team stand out to you in that first week? Or was everything as expected as you though it would be?
Quick: Well, FWB has an EXTREMELY good lineup, but I don't believe they are the "end all be all" of PSL like many of the players believed. Don't get me wrong, I have the utmost respect for every one of their players, and they did swap out several players during our match to give equal play time, which I find very admirable. Other than that, I believe week one ended like I would expect.

joel: With just that one week in the books, do you think your team is more comfortable and can play at an even greater level now?
Quick: Absolutely, I believe we will be successful in learning from our mistakes. We are learning how to play as a solid unit more with every match.

joel: To conclude things in our interview, please give us any final thoughts you have for the season so far and is there anyone you'd like to thank?
Quick: I would really like to thank everyone involved with the PSL. Everyone has been extremely helpful with me as I have grown within the community. This has been a great experience and it keeps me coming back day in and day out.

---------------------------------------------------------

Next we move on to the prediction part of the segment.

Each week I will be asking 3 different players, an LO or former LO, a veteran player, and a newer player, to see which teams they think will win in the following week.

This week I decided to ask Lawliet, Warcat, and Spero.

Player Preds
Lawliet:
Sunday:
Beary Awesome vs. Fuh-Q - 8:00 P.M. Est: BA against FUHQ. FUHQ comes out on top. Although BA has a strong striking section for their team, I believe that the combined strength of FUHQ's defenders will be able to negate that. Top performer(s): warcat or toni

Thunder vs. Zombies Reborn – 9:00 P.M. Est: I think Thunder will win against ZR strictly because of the amount of veteran status and talent their team has. However, if ZR trains hard I think they would put up a good match. Top performer(s): Loading or Shadow

Tuesday:
Friends With Benefits vs. Thunder - 8:00 P.M. Est: I think that it would be hard to tell between Thunder and FWB. Two power house teams going against each other, both with their strengths and weaknesses. As the roster shows, both teams have a large amount of experiences, and huge amount of talent. Both teams have large scoring potential and amazing defence and experienced goal keepers. Just a great match up to watch. top performers: ghost/shadow/loading for Thunder and lone/stinger/KC for FWB

BallHugs vs. Beary Awesome – 9:00 P.M. Est: Ballhugs would win against Beary Awesome. They have a really strong team filled with utilities and potential. Almost every member of their team can play any position very well which just adds to the overall strnegth of the team. Top performer(s): candy or scoper

Thursday:
Zombies Reborn vs. Friends With Benefits - 8:00 P.M. Est: ZR against FWB. FWB would come out on top. ZR is an inexperienced team, however, their lineup shows great potential and with a little bit of hard work, they could potentially bring about an upset. Top performer(s): Arctic or Lone

Fuh-Q vs. BallHugs – 9:00 P.M. Est: FUHQ against BAllhugs. Another great match up. Both teams have excellent striking potential and scoring potential, however I'd have to tip the favour in BallHugs. The captains of BAllhugs are veterans, and as such, they would be able to provide a lot insight and how their team should face their opponents. Top performer(s): Dursac or Scoper

Warcat:
Sunday:
Beary Awesome vs. Fuh-Q - 8:00 P.M. Est: 8-6 BA - TP: Dill

Thunder vs. Zombies Reborn – 9:00 P.M. Est: 10-2 Thunder, TP: Fatal

Tuesday:
Friends With Benefits vs. Thunder - 8:00 P.M. Est: 5-4 FWB, TP: Stinger

BAllHugs vs. Beary Awesome – 9:00 P.M. Est: 4-3 Ballhugs, TP: Dursac

Thursday:
Zombies Reborn vs. Friends With Benefits - 8:00 P.M. Est: 12-4 FWB, TP: Lone

Fuh-Q vs. BAllHugs – 9:00 P.M. Est: 6-4 Ballhugs TP: Candyman

Spero:

Sunday:
Beary Awesome vs. Fuh-Q - 8:00 P.M. Est: Beary Awesome wins 6 - 4 Top Performer: panda with 3 goals and 1 assist.

Thunder vs. Zombies Reborn – 9:00 P.M. Est: Thunder wins 8 - 1 Top Performer: Fatal

Tuesday:
Friends With Benefits vs. Thunder - 8:00 P.M. Est: FWB wins 8 - 7 Top Performer: Lonewolf 5 goals

BAllHugs vs. Beary Awesome – 9:00 P.M. Est: BAllhugs win 2 - 1 Top Performer Amen 1 Goal 1 Assist

Thursday:
Zombies Reborn vs. Friends With Benefits - 8:00 P.M. Est: FWB wins 8 - 0 Top Performer: Stinger 4 Goals 4 Assists

Fuh-Q vs. BAllHugs – 9:00 P.M. Est: BAllhugs win 4 - 3 Top Performer: Dursac 3 Goals 1 Assist

SPERO'S: overall preseason prediction FWB(1) Thunder(2) BAllhug(3) Fuh-Q(4) Beary Awsome(5) Zombies(6) - main reason i ranked beary lower is because they are 9/10 players and they have 2 new players, but i think they could be the dark horse. Best and most valuble player of the 59/60 is Stinger, not just his skills on the field but the leadership and experience that makes his so much more valuble. Best Duo is lone and stinger but not far behind would be Pride and Fatal. Best defence in the league is Thunder's Hova, Face, and Premade (best depth) Best G in the league is Scoper or Loading, when either of them are on their game its pretty much a show stopper. Free for FWB is definitly a 3rd best and also a valuble player since he can be a deadly utility player. Best Depth for a team is FWB and thats why i specualte they are 1st in the league. And overall worst player in the league is weef cus he has a smelly mustache from kissing so many peoples asses. Alot of good players this season so honestly anything could happen, Im intrested to see how it all unfolds

---------------------------------------------------------

This week's community question is:

Community Question: Which team impressed you the most in that first week?

If you have any questions you want me to ask for next week, put them down below, along with the answer to the COMMUNITY QUESTION, and I will try to get them into the interview.

Post your comments down below.

Until next time I'm GhosT, and you've just read GOALTIME with GhosT.

Last edited by GhosT on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:18 am; edited 2 times in total
GhosT
GhosT
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : N/A

Back to top Go down

Goal Time with GhosT: Episode 2! Empty Re: Goal Time with GhosT: Episode 2!

Post by bryy Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:59 pm

No team really impressed me THAT much in week one. Thunder I guess is my answer since they are almost always impressive.

bryy
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

Back to top Go down

Post by panda Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:09 pm

GhosT wrote:Warcat:
Sunday:

Though I agree with the prediction, I don't think Dill put up much numbers for us.

Great writeup. Community ?: Fuh-Q, the result from their FWB match alone is impressive. If a team half filled with newer players can almost topple a team that's been playing soccer together for years and years, that's impressive to me.
panda
panda
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Furtif Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:10 am

i dont agree with the prediction
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoicblitzer Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:19 am

interesting read. keep it coming. Smile

Stoicblitzer
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by GhosT Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:30 am

Furtif wrote:i dont agree with the prediction
Spero wrote that not me Smile
Answer the community question people!
GhosT
GhosT
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:05 am

panda wrote:
Sunday:

Though I agree with the prediction, I don't think Dill put up much numbers for us.

I don't know, I think I may surprise some people with how well I play in that match.

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:17 am

wut dont u agree with furtif?

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:29 am

Since I personally have not been impressed by any team yet, I'll just say that I'm impressed with something else - the LOs during this season. You guys have made some nice changes and a lot of you are doing beast work. A shaky start to a season is long forgotten as long as the season ends up being a success. Keep it up dudes.

Last edited by Stinger on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : old post sounded douchey lol)
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Furtif Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:53 am

cuz i think you guys just predicted the match based on people skills lvl.

FWB(1) Thunder(2) BAllhug(3) Fuh-Q(4) Beary Awsome(5) Zombies(6)

Obviously based on skill lvl

I think there might be surprise on the prediction, because its not all about skill, well thats what i think. Because i remember in s4, KC's team had a good skilled team and they did nothing good.

~Furtits
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:32 pm

I also said, "Alot of good players this season so honestly anything could happen, Im intrested to see how it all unfolds."

Just my personal thoughts on how the season will turn out. And you are entitled to disagree Razz

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Furtif Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:05 pm

idk i havent read everything, its to long and its in english
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quick Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Warcat predicted us losing both matches this week... His own team.... CUT SIR, CUT! Razz

Quick
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 2 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Quick Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:59 pm

oh, and thanks Panda! <3 <3 <3 <3

Quick
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael V Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:44 am

He cursed me I tell ya
Michael V
Michael V
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

https://www.youtube.com/user/mikey9890

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Stinger should have been impressed by FuhQ against them in their first match. If MV wasn't jacking his axe in net, other way around :O

Oh & I'll go with Thunder as well. Cheers.

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Lol.. Well I wasn't. Let's just leave it at that Smile
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:40 pm

panda wrote:
Sunday:

Ya ghost did this like a week ago so ya...
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by GhosT Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Warcat wrote:
panda wrote:
Sunday:

Ya ghost did this like a week ago so ya...
what he said
GhosT
GhosT
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quick Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:03 pm

You've been on the team longer than a week. Your excuse is invalid. CUT

Quick
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by GhosT Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:00 am

Quick wrote:You've been on the team longer than a week. Your excuse is invalid. CUT
no he hasn't
GhosT
GhosT
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Quick Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 am

Whaa?? Warcat was one of my first peoples. He's been with FUH-Q for almost a month now waiting on the season to start.

Quick
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by GhosT Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Quick wrote:Whaa?? Warcat was one of my first peoples. He's been with FUH-Q for almost a month now waiting on the season to start.
wt he's talking about dill
GhosT
GhosT
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Got to a record breaking 2 weeks! *zing*

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:49 pm

All my winner predictions were correct.

Cool
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down