North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll - LO Nominations

+18
Nad
scop3r
Cueball
Bazooka Joe
m1tch
Cosmo
Michael V
panda
Spero
Shadow
Warcat
Pride
Fatal
LoneWolf
meh
Forty
BlackJesus
Stinger
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which players do you want as a S4 LO?

Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 13 ]
Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 20 ]
Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 8 ]
Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 12 ]
Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 17 ]
Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 84

Poll closed

Poll - LO Nominations - Page 2 Empty Re: Poll - LO Nominations

Post by m1tch Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:13 pm

lets all play dods
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Bazooka Joe wrote:Yeah Dill, Panda, and Fatal are totally using their names to get votes. I mean its not like Dill and Panda have been LOs in the past who worked their asses off for a league that offers little thanks in return. Also, its not like Fatal has been offering good suggestions or raising important questions throughout all the seasons hes played in....

Yeah definitely cuz of their names
Dill, Panda, and Fatal are awfully nice names though. Rolling Eyes
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:25 pm

srry ppl suck and blame gk.
and im not saying them im saying ppl dont rlly wana vote for 40 cuz hes mean and will say wat has to be said
tbh people wud be a lot better if -

1) dont use the wall
people who come in think that is fucking amzing. if idiots wud understand that it sux and that ur better off not using it, then ull b fine

2) dont put new ppl d
if u didnt do this, this league wudnt suck dick at d. this league has no1 good on d besides candy and he barely plays. everyone else who plays it is autistic

3) if fags wud get off ppls dick
idk if u know this, but if ur ever in vent with stinger, tht fag gets messages like 3728937129 times a second. why dont u fags stop fucking messaging him over every fucking thing.

4) if everyone actually followed the rules
no1 is this league even knows the fucking rules. they take like 2 minutes on kickoffs, fucking bitch i they get put d. if u didnt realize, d is the best position to play becuse u get to make passes and play d

5) if we had a LO that wanst a pussy
no offense to our LOs but srsly. i shud be perma banned by now. and if ur gunna fucking perma some1, they stayed perma. fuck this apology shit and oh im so sorry. no fuck that be like bitch fuck off.

Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:27 pm

You sir are dead wrong on every point you made, get off my lawn.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:41 pm

Thanks for supporting me Cosmo (I do not fully agree with all of your points but the ones about me are true lol)

Honestly, I rage because people do one of two things 1) Purposely fuck up to piss me off so I rage at them or 2) They are bad at certain positions, and cause goals against

I don't like getting scored on, or losing, thats the ONLY reason I rage in this game, there is no other reason for me to rage..
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by m1tch Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:04 pm

so pretty much every pug you rage
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:05 pm

neither do i tbh i just like making long post
and 40 is right, if ppl understood that they suk at a position, pugs wud be better
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cueball Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Cosmo wrote:

3) if fags wud get off ppls dick

You're one to talk..
Cueball
Cueball
Site Beast
Site Beast

https://www.youtube.com/user/donttazemebro3434?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by m1tch Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:29 pm

Cosmo wrote:neither do i tbh i just like making long post
and 40 is right, if ppl understood that they suk at a position, pugs wud be better

so your saying you will be happy if some noob for noobgalore comes in and says i suck at soccer and im new, then gets put defense but then you lose the pug because of that noob? sounds like you would rage there too
m1tch
m1tch
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:40 pm

if he stated that he was new and asked to for help idc but when u tell ppl not to do something to benift them and they keep doing it at that pos its dumb that was my point
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Cosmo wrote:if he stated that he was new and asked to for help idc but when u tell ppl not to do something to benift them and they keep doing it at that pos its dumb that was my point

Ok cosmo, let's follow you're logic.

-I'm a new player and I join psl for my first pug after being invited by somebody in the league.
-I don't really know what's going on but I'm doing my best to figure it out.
-I get picked last to join a team, and I'm waiting for things to begin when somebody named Lundquist starts complaining on his mic about having a new player on the team.
-Lundquist then starts telling me how to play the game, including what I should and shouldn't do. I was under the impression that I was invited because I'm better then the rest back at NG so why should I listen to this guy?
-I've got enough to think about other than completely adjusting my playing style as to not piss off this one already pissed person. Besides, this dude hasn't even seen me play yet, why the fuck is he telling me what to do?

Besides when you sing I don't think I've ever heard you not sound angry on you're mic. If I was a new player I can't imagine I'd respond well to that.

TL;DR raging isn't the way to deal with new players. Just be patient and let them get the hang of things before you start trying to boss them around.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:03 pm

funny that u r even answering this since its a dieing game right?

funny that mitch and cue r even saying shit cuz they dont play

all i was doing was to support 40 cuz everyone thinks he wud be a shit LO when they are all wrong

thats my point stop QQ over it
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:04 pm

Cosmo wrote:funny that u r even answering this since its a dieing game right?

funny that mitch and cue r even saying shit cuz they dont play

all i was doing was to support 40 cuz everyone thinks he wud be a shit LO when they are all wrong

thats my point stop QQ over it

People tend to respond to stupidity and arrogance.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cueball Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:21 pm

Cosmo wrote:funny that mitch and cue r even saying shit cuz they dont play

I play enough, and I'm allowed to voice my opinion.
Cueball
Cueball
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:22 pm

i think its funny how mad ur getting over nothing
Cosmo
Cosmo
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Cosmo wrote:i think its funny how mad ur getting over nothing

As mad as you get when you all out scream on your mic? nah.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cueball Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Cosmo wrote:i think its funny how mad ur getting over nothing
Meh wrote:As mad as you get when you all out scream on your mic? nah.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Cueball
Cueball
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:24 pm

There is no arguing with this one. We we're all new people at once, we all know what makes us not want to play a game.

Cosmo stfu, and if you want to be perma banned lemme know, because all youve been to the league recently is a pain in the ass. And just to clarify, we would keep someone banned as long as the cons of them outweigh the pros. So in Furtifs case, since I know thats what you are referring to :

Pros :
- Another player for the league
- Brings in new players

Cons :
- Bad past history (this becomes invalid if he has truely changed)
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:54 pm

meh wrote:Take it easy, when you're in highschool everything seems like a popularity contest.

that was taking it easy Smile

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:05 am

Stinger wrote:Cosmo stfu, and if you want to be perma banned lemme know, because all youve been to the league recently is a pain in the ass.
Oh, so this is only recent?

Just kidding. Got a few points to make though.

At BJ, to me it's not really what someone has done in the past. Sure that's always good, but just because they USED to help out, doesn't mean they will STILL be reliable and active enough to be a quality LO. Not saying that those guys will be bad or that I have anything against them, just saying that that was then, and this is now.

I do agree 40 would make a great LO. You say he rages at stuff, which is true. Would he rage at all new people who join the league? He might, but I seriously doubt he would do it without a good reason to do so. Just like when we did the draft, he took it seriously and actually did a fantastic job with us, especially on such short notice. There was no raging at anybody, (other than some of the dreadfully slow picks from some captains) and even then it was just a, "Check out these mofos taking forever on a 6th round pick, get this show on the road." Plus he brought great insight. And that was when he was pugging once every couple of weeks or so (if that) and didn't even know anybody.

And last, we're not going to get many people to join the league. Other than basically merging with an ongoing community (NG or someone else, idk) we will basically be trying to fill in for the people we are gradually losing. I for one am finding it harder to keep pugging myself, the game is somewhat growing stale and with nobody new to play against, it's losing its fun.

I know trying to recruit from communities in the past hasn't been successful in the past, but I think we went at it all wrong. Got to go to the administrators or other people who are high up in the clan other than just ambushing their home website with advertisements. Doubtful that it would work, but not much else works anymore besides picking up 1 at a time and hoping that they deal with some of the inevitable rage and bitching that will happen.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:33 am

scop3r wrote:At BJ, to me it's not really what someone has done in the past. Sure that's always good, but just because they USED to help out, doesn't mean they will STILL be reliable and active enough to be a quality LO. Not saying that those guys will be bad or that I have anything against them, just saying that that was then, and this is now.

All i was saying is that it simply wasnt a popularity contest.....

but also im pretty sure those 3 will be the most reliable... at least imo Smile

There isnt as much work into being an LO as some people make it out to be

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Spero Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:42 am

My aspect of being a new player in the psl.. little over 6 months ago I was at NG sprinting up to the kick-off trying to make every goal. I met a guy named Balls&sniff and up untill then i was pretty good compared to the rest of the NG peoples. That dude shredded everyone and made them all look like statues, i think at the time he was admin for NG. But every day or other day we played for a little bit and I slowly started getting better, and one day I was invited to my first pug. Every single person I met in PSL was asking "Whois Spero?" vs "Welcome to the psl"

I think thats one of the fundemental apsect we could fix. We could have a Roster of all the active/new players so instead of trying to figure out who is new, we can just alt-tab and see when he was introduced to the PSL. So that way they dont feel interrogated everytime they come in for a PUG.

And one step further is to give that new player the option to have someone sponsor them, maybe have a list of volunteers, or an organization of people who want to help new people of the PSL. That way you keep the new people, make em better. Razz

Spero
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:11 am

I'm going to stick my nose in this and say that I am a pretty damn good defender when I want to be. Stinger & Tyler are up there too. There are countless good defenders that I could continue to name, but I don't feel like it. Continuing on that statement I believe everyone is faced with different match-ups. There are people who just have your number, this is true in any competition, even if its on a modded CS:S knife soccer ball game.

As much as I don't get to play like I used to back in high-school, I've enjoyed and loved this game for 5-6 years now. I lose count now-a-days. You know what keeps you coming back to the game, us who have been lucky enough to discover it? This is truly one of the only games where the players you pick and the roles they play count. It's the most teamwork based game, hence the reason for massive frustration over the years by several. We all rage, you could hardly name someone who hasn't. They may not have did it via microphone or keyboard, but they have shut off their game or cussed you out via computer screen. It's true teamwork and chemistry does play a factor in it as well.

I won't go on about my spill with lacesout or other teams that i've saw come together as a TEAM* despite not having the best of the best. But with the right people and the right attitude, any given night, you can win. Pugs prove that when you have Stinger/Lone/Fatal/KC/Cosmo whoever else on a team and they end up losing. Certain people play different with each other. For example, I'll probably never find a chemistry again in a game that I had with ProV1, the guy always knew where I was and I knew where he was. It's just something you develop. Same with Dill/Church, Stinger/Lone, Fatal/KC. Guys play side by side for a long time.

How many good friends have you made in our community? Sure you might hate each other or rage at each other for the time being. I'm certainly guilty of it and a majority if not all of you are. But I can tell you that i've gained friends and have brushed shoulders with some good people in our little community.

I'm impressed by Spero and some of the new players that have joined up with us, mostly because I see leadership potential in Spero is why I bring him up. I've saw new guys come in and do damn decent skill wise, they pug enough to get better, give them a chance. They're pretty cool as well. I just got off work and I really cant think too clearly because its 5:06 A.M at this point, but i'm sure you guys who pug a lot who could name a few.

The SSL/PSL/Source Soccer Community if forever changing with leadership, styles of play, and people. But it keeps the uniqueness that a game has yet to top.

I've let a lot of people down when I've tried to step up with the writing reports and doing breakdowns. It's a lot a work and I start it and just can't keep up with it. Just trying to do too much cause I have a little spare time.

I have to get off here but maybe i'll finish my thoughts here soon lol....

Lastly, I'd like to offer myself as a late-entry-candidate for league official. I've been there and i've done it. I believe if someone had my cell # I could give a lot of input assuming i'm always on it. I'm always on my computer because my school work is constantly on the PC. Working night shift ranging from 11-5 and going to school in the mornings (mon-thur) 12-5. I believe I could do some good things. I'm not very biased when it comes to the who leadership thing. I put in my input and thats what is said. I may not fair well with others, potentially stingers and some of the other fellows. But the people who know the non-nerdrag side of me, know me best. (I guess its a few lol)

Ahh and i've been working on an excel document that we may be able to input stats or information into, we'll format it into what we can.

Thanks guys, if you tried reading my text wall. <3

Nad

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:26 am

I'll put Nad for the write-in.

scop3r
Site Beast