North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commenting during the play-offs PEEENOOOORRRRRRR!

+6
Stinger
scop3r
Bazooka Joe
Forty
Warcat
Spyware
10 posters

Go down

Commenting during the play-offs  PEEENOOOORRRRRRR! Empty Commenting during the play-offs PEEENOOOORRRRRRR!

Post by Spyware Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Spyware
Spyware
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Commenting during the play-offs  PEEENOOOORRRRRRR! Empty Re: Commenting during the play-offs PEEENOOOORRRRRRR!

Post by Warcat Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Scoper was thinking about this I believe but he said he would only do it if people were actually going to watch and listen in. No point putting in all the work just for like 5 or 6 people to watch.

Also the Aussies still use the mod that kills you and lets you knife defenders to slow them down lol. Looks like they develop entire tactics based on it though, so that's probably why they haven't gotten rid of it.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Commenting during the play-offs  PEEENOOOORRRRRRR! Empty Re: Commenting during the play-offs PEEENOOOORRRRRRR!

Post by Forty Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:08 am

Nad and I were thinking of this, but the playoffs were an absolute mess.....I am sure we will have the commentary crew back for the draft Smile
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 8 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:21 pm

u guys should try to liven it up this time then

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:42 pm

Bazooka Joe wrote:u guys should try to liven it up this time then

NOFU
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

Back to top Go down

Post by scop3r Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:34 pm

We went into that shit blind, with nothing to talk about. And didn't really expect it to take as long as it did. And we still had over 40 viewers by the end of it.

scop3r
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 3 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Are you guys willing to do the same thing this season (if it happens)? I think it was pretty beats, and I know I enjoyed it.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyware Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:13 pm

you should of played song requests while we waited WT
Spyware
Spyware
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by panda Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Warcat wrote:Also the Aussies still use the mod that kills you and lets you knife defenders to slow them down lol. Looks like they develop entire tactics based on it though, so that's probably why they haven't gotten rid of it.

We figured out godmode like late 2007, and they refused to switch. They also play 5v5 (no C), but I always thought the knife jumps were too ridiculous of a boost. Now they're trying to make a revival using godmode and sprint. Purrty cool.

I think commentating playoff games or hyped up matches is definitely a good idea. I'd offer to commentate games, but I wouldn't do the draft. I think Scope/Nad/40/Meh did a good job, and now they would know how it would be run.

Last edited by panda on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
panda
panda
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by CR7 Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:56 pm

panda wrote:
Warcat wrote:Also the Aussies still use the mod that kills you and lets you knife defenders to slow them down lol. Looks like they develop entire tactics based on it though, so that's probably why they haven't gotten rid of it.

We figured out godmode like late 2007, and they refused to switch. They also play 5v5 (no C), but I always thought the knife jumps were too ridiculous of a boost. Now they're trying to make a revival using godmode and sprint. Purrty cool.

I think commentating playoff games or hyped up matches is definitely a good idea. I'd offer to commentate games, but I wouldn't do the draft. I think Scope/Nad/40 did a good job, and now they would know how it would be run.

I agree it would be a great idea to commentate games i wouldnt mind if i had a mic :\
CR7
CR7
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:13 pm

panda wrote:

I think commentating playoff games or hyped up matches is definitely a good idea. I'd offer to commentate games, but I wouldn't do the draft. I think Scope/Nad/40 did a good job, and now they would know how it would be run.

HEY I COMMENTED TO!

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:32 pm

lol i know it was the first time you guys did this and and there is obviously only so much you can do to be prepared for it but i dont know... i just felt like most the time your guys were rambling on about bullshit or not explaining shit thoroughly. All i mean by "livening" it up is just talk more about the player. Just some questions to think about when a player is picked... you dont have to do all of them for every player

-strengths of the player
-what does he need to improve on
-does his style of play fit well with the other people on the team
-Talk about their attitude or communication skills
-Their ability to really "understand" the game
-Why did the captains pick this player? what are the obvious benefits for having a certain person on the team

What ever else you can think of....

Im not trying to rag on you guys for the draft commentating at all so dont take offense. It was the first time that shit was ever done in this league and i thought it went pretty well and enjoyed most aspects of it. I just felt like you guys really had no clue what to talk about after a while or you would just simply state something like "oh hes a really good goalie" without explaining what made them so good at their position.

* and i know you have really strong opinions about players 40. I honestly like that you do because i like hearing what people really think and i know you dont sugarcoat shit. Just dont be afraid of saying what u (the commentators) think is all im saying, it makes everything way more interesting/entertaining *

I know if i did the commentating id piss alllot of people off ahaha

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Alright got to make this quick because i'm about to take an exam, (Yes, i'm still on campus fml) but here is the deal.

Since I plan on showing up to all my matches or at least hope to assuming nothing happens on a given day, I can do this.

1) We vote on a 'game of the week' / 'games of the week' (2) ...

2) Then from those votes I'll pick a 'core' group of guys such as scop3r, 40, meh, etc. Then we'll have a guest on every now and then.

3) We'll commentate the game one will try to do play-by-play, we will have a color commentator (no racism included, besides from me, if you don't know what color commentary is look it up.) Then we could possibly have one work reporter. If you watch college basketball or any sport for that matter this could work.

The play-by-play would be tough because of players always changing positions and stuff but I believe we could do this. It would take some practice and ofcourse there will be constant fuck ups at first. I'm not a communications major and I don't believe the other guys are either!

4) Things will either be live-streamed through 'live-stream' or on ventrilo.

^ Any suggestions for how to do so?

Let me know.

NAD

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Nad Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Oh and I'll play music at the beginning of things and will have some funny side clips in my arsenal! GLHF

Nad
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:24 am

Yeah just rewatched the first 2 rounds of the draft last season on the livestream, most of it was shit being spewed lol

i wouldnt mind helping with the draft if i was around

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Forty Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:09 pm

Being put on the spot you really don't know WTF to say....but as said earlier, now that we have a grasp of it, we can easily do a better job, and I'd look forward to doing it again..
Forty
Forty
Site God
Site God

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazooka Joe Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:20 pm

fair enough.

I also noticed a problem was sometimes 3 picks would occur in 20 seconds but then 2 picks could take like 4 mins.. Might want to address that. i was thinking you could make it so u had to wait 1 minute before u said ur pick and u have a max of 2 mins to make a decision... but i dont know the specifics lol.. like wut would happen if they took longer than 2 mins? do they just get skipped until they make a choice?

The purpose of waiting a minute was just so u guys actually had time to talk about a pick and the purpose of a maximum limit of 2 minutes would be to make sure the draft doesnt take 4 hours.

Bazooka Joe
Site Professional
Site Professional

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down