North America Premier Soccer League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP refuses to play against LZR

+16
Spero
scop3r
Warcat
Audacity
Michael V
Ja_Zam
Dill
SainT
Premade
Furtif
LoneWolf
Free
Spock
Stinger
Forty
meh
20 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

OP refuses to play against LZR - Page 3 Empty Re: OP refuses to play against LZR

Post by Furtif Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:58 am

meh wrote:
Furtif wrote:so whats going on? someone's gonna go over it and stop argueing?

Stinger swung at me and got more then he bargained for.

but, you cant remove a loss or anything? so how attacking stinger would result for? what does attacking someone give at all?

Last edited by Furtif on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Furtif
Furtif
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 5 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

OP refuses to play against LZR - Page 3 Empty Re: OP refuses to play against LZR

Post by Stinger Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:58 am

Yet you can't even tell me what I did personally, or what I shouldve done in the match. I didn't swing shit at you, read the steam chat again. You talked shit and I didn't retaliate at all until you brought in personal reasons. So if by 'swung at me and got more then he bargained for' means that I didn't drop down to your level right away, then so be it. Perhaps you mean your amount of douchyness and assholery was more than I expected from you?
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

PSL Awards : 36 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ja_Zam Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:01 am

All in all, anything personal should never NEVER be brought up in any situations. His grandparents and money, It's not something everyone should be reading IMO. I really hate when people bring up stuff like this tbh, I see what both of you are saying but Meh.....You said your team wasn't about competition, I've been on Sf2 and showed up to matches. We lost 19-0 to Sf and our team said nothing! If you lose you lose, the league hasn't agreed on score limit caps.

This isn't professional soccer where the Soccer fans will come down and kill you for disrespecting there team and City, it's a game and we will still move on to play the next day. When your team is losing badly, thats when captains should come in and fix the positions, sub. See what works best, were here to play CSS Soccer and have fun not bring up personal life, financial situations, personal life. It's his life, he can live however he wants to live.

I don't choose sides, I break them up but that's a low blow to Stinger man

Ja_Zam
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

PSL Awards : 5 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:02 am

Stinger wrote:Yet you can't even tell me what I did personally, or what I shouldve done in the match. I didn't swing shit at you, read the steam chat again. You talked shit and I didn't retaliate at all until you brought in personal reasons. So if by 'swung at me and got more then he bargained for' means that I didn't drop down to your level right away, then so be it. Perhaps you mean your amount of douchyness and assholery was more than I expected from you?

Actions speak more than words. Maybe you should read back through the steam chat, I did tell you what you could do. And that isn't even a valid excuse, you know this game better then I do and you can't come up with a single way to not take a fucking dump on a group of new players in your own league?

I did talk shit to you right from the beginning, and it was well deserved. But just sitting back and not saying anything back in that conversation doesn't make you right in this situation. If anything there's nothing you can say because your so blatantly wrong.

I took it this low because I'm raging, and I felt challenged when you said that we weren't ever friends and I didn't know anything about you. Oooops.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 1 Award (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:04 am

Stinger wrote:A little late on that post id say Dill.
My post was only 30 minutes past Lone's. Not my fault everyone on here posts every other second!

Stinger wrote:TBH hB vs OP wouldve been similar. Had you guys not hard a slowish start and your game wasn't 0-0 after the first 8 minutes, it wouldve been pretty close to 20-0 or so as well (mathematics prove this!). So its pretty unfair to attack us when we didn't do anything wrong.
We had a slowish start because I purposefully created a lineup that wouldn't score as much as our starting lineup would and I also let my guys know that all we wanted out of the match was a win and that we didn't need to completely destroy them. It's different in your case because you only had 1 backup on instead of two like we had, but the underlying principle of the matter is still there. And I'm willing to bet other team captains such as Nad/Kro and KC/Fatal might feel similar to how Meh and myself feel (hell though, maybe not, who knows).

At this point we're just beating a dead horse. Again, to each his own. If LZR thinks there was no wrong-doing here, there's nothing any of us can do to change their opinions.

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

PSL Awards : 9 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael V Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:05 am

Ja_Zam wrote:When your team is losing badly, thats when captains should come in and fix the positions
Michael V
Michael V
Site God
Site God

PSL Awards : 4 Awards (Click to view)

https://www.youtube.com/user/mikey9890

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:08 am

We aren't friends. We are 2 players on a game who know each other as 'Stinger' and 'Meh'. Thats it. I'm sorry, but if you felt like my friend I don't see why your doing any of this. You rage at your friends this hard? My friends in this league know who they are and know I will treat them with as much respect as I can (there is a limit due to being LO). So go ahead and feel butthurt all you want, but only Stinger and Meh we're friends, it does not go any further into real life.

Whether you said it in that chat or not, I ask you AGAIN, what would you have had me do as team captain? Passing plays were already being done. We are competitive team, and we are not going to get into bad habits and lower our amount of practice just because you made a development team that knew they we're going into a season where they weren't like to do well at all, well...don't do well at all. Talk to your teammates, they don't have a problem with what happened (or atleast I haven't talked to any that have).
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:11 am

Dill : I respect that, I mean perhaps its a short coming on my part, but I do not see what we could've done. Technically we played our only backup. So other then switching positions (which would actually cause issues on my team if we did) and forfeiting practice and potentially bringing in bad habits, I don't see where the worth is for us. You've spent time reading the LZR forum, you know what I said LZR would be like at the start of the season, so I don't understand why you can't respect me wanting to keep my team as competitive as possible, regardless the score or reason.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Audacity Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:23 am

I'll just put in my .02 and say that the game was a complete blowout from the start, from looking at your lineup to ours. We all knew that we would lose the game, however, from taking such a beating like that you can't really learn much. I can see both sides to this argument, but both seem to have been taken too far. Even though LZR was playing to make as much goals on us to be in first place, they knew we are a developmental team. With that being said, they could have been giving us tips since they are the 'Legendz' after all while still going on making their goals and being happy go lucky. But I guess since its so competitive to you guys, you don't want to give hints or tips (even though we lost from the start). Thanks for the support Legendz. Sad
Audacity
Audacity
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:29 am

Honestly we had trouble even with the strategy of switching up players. It didn't matter who I put where, we just kept scoring due to OP's lack of preparation and overall low-level of experience.

And of course I respect the competitive nature of your team. Hell, I relish it every season we get to play against each other. It's a extreme challenge and I personally thoroughly enjoy it. But I can't say I approve of how this evening's events were handled. Do I have a better solution? Not off the top of my head. I can understand what you are trying to accomplish, but at what cost? Yes, you dominating Team OP may be beneficial for LZR, but it's detrimental to the league as a whole if the entire team quits (or at least their primary captain quits for that matter). I mean, was it worth it? How much 'better' did you guys actually get from winning to that extent versus how hopeless you must have made Team OP feel. (those are all rhetorical questions btw, please don't quote battle me with them Smile).
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:30 am

Its not our job to give you tips as a team, that duty falls on your team captains / experienced + skilled players on your team. Saying that, I would gladly give tips to players individually though (depending who they are). Just to clarify, we aren't saying were legendz Very Happy Legendz was an old team that I was leader of as well (hence the reborn).
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Premade Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:31 am

Ja_Zam wrote:I've been on Sf2 and showed up to matches. We lost 19-0 to Sf and our team said nothing! If you lose you lose, the league hasn't agreed on score limit caps.

Premade
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

PSL Awards : 6 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by SainT Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:34 am

Stinger wrote:Dill : I respect that, I mean perhaps its a short coming on my part, but I do not see what we could've done. Technically we played our only backup. So other then switching positions (which would actually cause issues on my team if we did) and forfeiting practice and potentially bringing in bad habits, I don't see where the worth is for us. You've spent time reading the LZR forum, you know what I said LZR would be like at the start of the season, so I don't understand why you can't respect me wanting to keep my team as competitive as possible, regardless the score or reason.

lol give me a fucking break. All of you have been playing long enough that it wouldn't have done shit and to post saying that it would is the dumbest thing I have seen posted in this thread. You havn't done anything in this thread but make yourself look like a fool and a dumbass.

You didn't need to make a single post in this thread yet you replied to everything meh said. You told meh to grow the fuck up? Maybe you should do the same.

SainT
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:36 am

Dill : I have no battle left for you! Gotta save it. Yeah I agree with what your saying, but the way I saw it is they knew what they were getting themselves into when they joined the development team. Don't see why I should hurt my team chances in the slightest just to accommodate a 'developmental' team that apparently isn't even allowed to change positions during matches.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:36 am

A wild Saint appears.
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:37 am

To be honest I can see both party's positions here. Personally I am not exactly proud of how we handled the game. We could have took it a bit lighter and not necessarily tried our hardest. But it's kind of hard to do that without intentionally not trying to score.

I know how it feels to get beat like this week in week out, I was on LFS for half of season 3 and all of season 4 (and that's when we had 3 round seasons, so that's like a little more than 2 seasons of our current length) and we got beat by at least 15-20 every match, even by the 2nd last place team that didn't win another game all year besides the 3 against us. We sometimes got frustrated but all and all we laughed it off for the most part and moved on. We knew that we weren't going to be competing to win matches, we were just going out there to have fun. We knew that the opponents would come at us dicks first and we expected nothing less of them and because of that we were able to improve. Say whatever you want about Steveoh and 7yl3r's personalities but they always were able to keep the team together, even with -350 goal differentials.

Most of that LFS team now are successful players that for the most part still play (ie. Myself, Candyman, Kok, Koolaid, Weef, Lawliet, Dragon, etc. probably forgetting a few people). You could argue though that now the gap between new players and veterans are spreading even more, but at one point when all of us have joined prior to season 3/4 you have been the new guy who was most likely on a shit team. Those weren't the most fun times I remember, but you just have to handle it. Meh and the rest of OP should have known what they are getting into when they made a team like the one you have, I'm not saying that you should enjoy it or be pleased with it but when you make a team composed of mostly newer players it is inevitable that things like this will happen. Again I'm not entirely pleased at how we handled the game, we could have taken it a bit easier but at the end of the day you're going to get people who want to win, and they are fully entitled to doing that.

Sorry if I'm kind of babbling, tired right now and can't process my thoughts properly.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by meh Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:39 am

Stinger wrote:We aren't friends. We are 2 players on a game who know each other as 'Stinger' and 'Meh'. Thats it. I'm sorry, but if you felt like my friend I don't see why your doing any of this. You rage at your friends this hard? My friends in this league know who they are and know I will treat them with as much respect as I can (there is a limit due to being LO). So go ahead and feel butthurt all you want, but only Stinger and Meh we're friends, it does not go any further into real life.

Whether you said it in that chat or not, I ask you AGAIN, what would you have had me do as team captain? Passing plays were already being done. We are competitive team, and we are not going to get into bad habits and lower our amount of practice just because you made a development team that knew they we're going into a season where they weren't like to do well at all, well...don't do well at all. Talk to your teammates, they don't have a problem with what happened (or atleast I haven't talked to any that have).

I feel like a broken record. You could have done what HB had done, which is give us an ounce of respect. If this was the type of shit you were gonna pull you shouldn't have supported me from the beginning with this team, and you sure as hell shouldn't have belittled my intentions with it BEFORE I drew blood.

You're right I took it too far with the grandparents. But shit they weren't even part of what I was trying to say. The point I wanted to make was how pathetic you are in my eyes when you pull shit like this. And for once I wanted the league you continually use to satisfy your own two faced competitiveness to see you in that same way. Yeah you don't talk alot of shit. But what you do is worse.

You gave me a paper cut and I chopped off a limb. I don't have any regrets other than to the people I've let down tonight, especially my team. But certainly not to you.

meh
Site Beast
Site Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by SainT Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:44 am

Dill wrote:A wild Saint appears.

ohi

SainT
Site Veteran
Site Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:47 am

But what I'm saying is, what was so bad? Did I personally run up the score? No. Could I have done a LITTLE BIT more to keep the score down as the captain? Yes. I see that now, I could've played with 5 and let you guys make it a 1 goal game or changed positions, but is that what you and your team wants? You want close games or you want teams to try so you can really learn? Regardless it wouldn't matter, just a thought of mine. At the time my thoughts were not with your team or players, they were with my team and my players.

I felt I showed enough respect during the game. No talking shit, saying gg, not even saying like 'lol' when someone messes up. In fact, if I remember correctly it was you who started talking shit first and started disrespecting us doing the game.

Don't flatter yourself saying you cut off a limb like your some sort of badass either lolol.

SainT wrote:lol give me a fucking break. All of you have been playing long enough that it wouldn't have done shit and to post saying that it would is the dumbest thing I have seen posted in this thread. You havn't done anything in this thread but make yourself look like a fool and a dumbass.

I'm not talking about personally. I'm talking as a team. We're all new teams and trying to build chemistry and play together as a team. I don't see how I've made myself look like a fool or a dumbass, considering all the disrespect towards me that was said before I gave any sort of negative reaction. Before that, I was posting as an LO.

SainT wrote:You didn't need to make a single post in this thread yet you replied to everything meh said. You told meh to grow the fuck up? Maybe you should do the same.

Its kinda my right / duty to respond to the thread when it involves me personally, my team, and the league I help run.

Last edited by Stinger on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:48 am

SainT wrote:
Stinger wrote:Dill : I respect that, I mean perhaps its a short coming on my part, but I do not see what we could've done. Technically we played our only backup. So other then switching positions (which would actually cause issues on my team if we did) and forfeiting practice and potentially bringing in bad habits, I don't see where the worth is for us. You've spent time reading the LZR forum, you know what I said LZR would be like at the start of the season, so I don't understand why you can't respect me wanting to keep my team as competitive as possible, regardless the score or reason.

lol give me a fucking break. All of you have been playing long enough that it wouldn't have done shit and to post saying that it would is the dumbest thing I have seen posted in this thread. You havn't done anything in this thread but make yourself look like a fool and a dumbass.

You didn't need to make a single post in this thread yet you replied to everything meh said. You told meh to grow the fuck up? Maybe you should do the same.
Stinger is the only one who should have responded in this thread actually. *trollface*
LoneWolf
LoneWolf
Site Beast
Site Beast

PSL Awards : 15 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:52 am

meh wrote:You could have done what HB had done, which is give us an ounce of respect.
I don't get this. I just don't see how we could've given you respect. Any way that's possible would lead to us going easy on you (switching positions, intentionally missing nets, playing around passes more). It all leads to us giving you some slack, rather than respect.
If that's what you wanted, why did you enter your team in the draft anyway? You being a seasoned player should know the season is the time for players to get serious and actually test their skills. If that involves rolling over a team who knowingly entered the draft will all new players then I'll do it.
Free
Free
Site Professional
Site Professional

PSL Awards : 7 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warcat Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:03 am

What Stinger is saying with his previous post is that during the match you're not really thinking of the feelings of the other teams, but you're thinking about your team and yourself. We were all having a good laugh seeing Lone score so many goals whilst we were in the moment, but now I bet at least some of us obviously feel bad that we did handle the match the way we did. Even I admit that I trying to get some stats up during the game, it's just natural to want to score a bit while playing a lesser team. But now I kind of regret feeling that way because, hindsight 20-20, I now see how it made you guys feel.

We were obviously trying to score goals to increase our goal differential and possibly our individual statistics, which may not have been the greatest thing to do, again hindsight 20-20. At no point did any one of us intend to insult or belittle Team OP in any way. Like I said before, during a match you don't think of the feelings and wants of the other team because you're simply have a one track mind at that point towards your own team.

I don't speak for my entire team here, but I genuinely apologize to Meh and all the members of Team OP that I may have insulted in any way, shape, or form.
Warcat
Warcat
Site Postaholic
Site Postaholic

PSL Awards : 10 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dill Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:10 am

LoneWolf wrote:Stinger is the only one who should have responded in this thread actually. *trollface*
Actually, he should have locked/deleted the thread and discussed this shit privately. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

~Dill
Dill
Dill
Site Nerd
Site Nerd

Back to top Go down

Post by Premade Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:14 am

couldnt meh have done that without this thread?

Premade
Site Trialist
Site Trialist

PSL Awards : 6 Awards (Click to view)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:14 am

O.. Read LO forums! I have no way of contacting him other than through the forums. He chose to block + delete me and start a forum war, not me.
Stinger
Stinger
Site QT
Site QT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next